Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Just did the Arah story with a friend who was finishing his personal story (I've been putting my own off, but been going through his as a pair), and just gotta say...

...I really hope they fix Zhaitan by the time I get around to it. That was kinda depressing. I'm assuming the whole thing is just bugged, what with broken music/sound, a seemingly broken final fight and all. Very, very jarring, considering how much of the rest I've thoroughly enjoyed.

PS: giving bosses bullet-hell mechanics is awesome. I love that mechanic.
    I like every boss until i met Zhaitan. Yea i understand that we have been killing off his power source and weakend him, but like, they tell to us that these dragons are forces of nature, massive and very powerful. Yet all he does is just destroy some parts of the ship, flies around, lets him get shot...twice and then crashes into a random tower which just so happend to be there. He then spends most of his time just staring at you, not bothering to spawn any adds, not letting out any howls or anything, waiting for his death.

Wish they made us kill each of his body parts or something, each part having a different mechanic and a jumping puzzle.

Yeah. That's why I suspect there's entire missing phases that aren't activating or something. They've locked most of the threads aimlessly complaining but have left open the one about it being bugged, so I suspect there's big problems with it.

I mean, there was no music even, but one of the things they specifically mentioned before release was how awesome the music was, which I've heard snippets of, and it is awesome.

Very surprising, and I say that it's disappointing to see, considering how much I've loved all other aspects of the game. Oh well! Back to my legendary grind! I'm... perhaps, 1/8th the way to my legendary! Maybe a bit more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I've linked this before, buuuut.... http://www.cracked.com/article_17522...ternet_p2.html

#2. Low Cyber Self-Esteem (a.k.a. The Guy Who Everyone Hates but Who Never Leaves)
    and
    #1. Internet Asperger's Syndrome (a.k.a. The Troll)
    Such behavior could probably be addressed too if certain medical options available to our grandparents were still considered, "acceptable."
    Yeah, no. This is crossing lines, and insinuating it is NOT "acceptable" --Kel
    Well having a child with aspergers myself. I was quite surprised where my research into the condition, and how it had been dealt with, lead too.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-09-15 at 01:24 AM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Finally got a new psu and gpu so now Skelington can run the game at more than 11 fps. Hopefully they will keep working fine tomorrow unlike last time.

Ohgod why is the water so fucking bright. Skelington doesn't want to look at the surface because it hurts his eyes so much and gives him headaches. And this is still on low settings.

Deleted
    did my first AC run last night on my 31 mesmer.

holy hell thats hard, died about a 1000 times! was very fun though, after getting some new gear from the TP and changing some of my skills, did a 2nd run that was a lot easier, but still died 100s of times.
    got 2 cool spells that are very handy, first a bubble that goes around the enemies, and reflects projectiles back to them, its very good vs the ranged mobs. and the 2nd lets me revive allies instantly witha 2min cooldown. once i adjusted my spells from single play to group play, it was so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    did my first AC run last night on my 31 mesmer.

holy hell thats hard, died about a 1000 times! was very fun though, after getting some new gear from the TP and changing some of my skills, did a 2nd run that was a lot easier, but still died 100s of times.
    got 2 cool spells that are very handy, first a bubble that goes around the enemies, and reflects projectiles back to them, its very good vs the ranged mobs. and the 2nd lets me revive allies instantly witha 2min cooldown. once i adjusted my spells from single play to group play, it was so much better.
    AC story is one of the harder dungeons i say. Tried every dungeon story mode, and even some explorable mode, but AC story mode stands out as one of the hardest imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've discovered something fun about this game. Whenever people run across events that aren't being zerged, or else take actual skill, nobody sticks around or is willing to try it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I've discovered something fun about this game. Whenever people run across events that aren't being zerged, or else take actual skill, nobody sticks around or is willing to try it.
    I had to defend some eggs against a horde of lizards, the npcs were dead when i got there so it was me and no matter how i tried those eggs died . anyway reading this thread it seems people are fed up of negative views, ill try to stay out but the wow forums drive me mad . have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Finally got a new psu and gpu so now Skelington can run the game at more than 11 fps. Hopefully they will keep working fine tomorrow unlike last time.

Ohgod why is the water so fucking bright. Skelington doesn't want to look at the surface because it hurts his eyes so much and gives him headaches. And this is still on low settings.
    Skelington should turn off water reflections and that might help. (NOT trying to troll, I've always wanted to reply to Skelington and call him Skelington.)

Well, if you do frequent official forums, you can start adding people that do get it, one person at a time. :P
    I'll just go over there to argue with you, ESPECIALLY on the mesmer threads, because that would be really fun.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

You know whats fun?

Playing a mesmer.

You know whats really fun?

Dropping Temporal Curtain on the stairs after the beast room in the Obsidian Sanctum and dragging people off the puzzle to their death. And if they survive they have to start all over again.

Or watching cocky ranged sitting on ledges thinking they're safe, then yanking them off and getting swallowed by the zerg.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    Skelington should turn off water reflections and that might help. (NOT trying to troll, I've always wanted to reply to Skelington and call him Skelington.)

I'll just go over there to argue with you, ESPECIALLY on the mesmer threads, because that would be really fun.
    Reflections were on off
    Setting it to "terrain and sky" works though. Wowsers, that's a lot more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    You know whats fun?

Playing a mesmer.

You know whats really fun?

Dropping Temporal Curtain on the stairs after the beast room in the Obsidian Sanctum and dragging people off the puzzle to their death. And if they survive they have to start all over again.

Or watching cocky ranged sitting on ledges thinking they're safe, then yanking them off and getting swallowed by the zerg.
    I have to try this now.

Deleted
    Why are ppl playing Gw2, to become the best in Spvp and the best in WvWvW?(because there is no end objective in pve)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyrot View Post
    Why are ppl playing Gw2, to become the best in Spvp and the best in WvWvW?(because there is no end objective in pve)
    Fun. Give it a shot some time.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by boyrot View Post
    Because I'm having fun.

Deleted
    ^ Post above me should be sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    anyway reading this thread it seems people are fed up of negative views, ill try to stay out but the wow forums drive me mad . have fun.
    I am not fed up with negative views. What I am fed up with is the same few people posting literally hundreds of negative posts daily all saying the same thing. Jumping at every opportunity to bash or push down the game.

I can understand people who like the game posting because they want others to play the game with them but for what possible reason could people who don't like the game keep posting over and over? Are they trying to drive other people away from the game? It makes absolutely no sense. Can someone actually be so bitter that they will go out of their way to try and drive sales downward. Any normal person would just move on if they didn't like a game. The only other possible alternative is that they are trolling. Trying to get a reaction.

I visit the forums to discuss things about a game that I enjoy playing. To discuss aspects of the game, doing better with my profession, picking my traits, exploring, puzzles, etc. Those type of threads are drowned out with all of the negative posts from just a few bitter people and that's sad and unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I can understand people who like the game posting because they want others to play the game with them but for what possible reason could people who don't like the game keep posting over and over? Are they trying to drive other people away from the game? It makes absolutely no sense. Can someone actually be so bitter that they will go out of their way to try and drive sales downward. Any normal person would just move on if they didn't like a game. The only other possible alternative is that they are trolling. Trying to get a reaction.
    They feel unsecure, thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I am not fed up with negative views. What I am fed up with is the same few people posting literally hundreds of negative posts daily all saying the same thing. Jumping at every opportunity to bash or push down the game.

I visit the forums to discuss things about a game that I enjoy playing. To discuss aspects of the game, doing better with my profession, picking my traits, exploring, puzzles, etc. Those type of threads are drowned out with all of the negative posts from just a few bitter people and that's sad and unfortunate.
    It's called Low Cyber Self-Esteem (a.k.a. The Guy Who Everyone Hates but Who Never Leaves)

Read more: 6 New Personality Disorders Caused by the Internet | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_17522...#ixzz26dfqRKYP

---------- Post added 2012-09-16 at 05:07 PM ----------

Something amusing about the official forums: since you post on the forums using your official in-game handle, and adding people to a friend's list adds their whole account, there's absolutely no anonymity on the official forums. Makes it easy to verify just how much people lie, and then call them out on it.

Obviously, there's other things you can use this advantage for, but meh. I just feel like this is the way the internet should be, period.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-16 at 10:08 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account

From: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/j..._source=client

That is so odd to me. I can see the warriors being top dog. Same with weapon smithing. But charr being the least common race? Oh come on guys, get to rolling more fuzzies.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.