Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Well I personally wouldn't considered myself finished with the game, just restarted on a new main and I'm having a lot of fun again. I feel I should tell the bored people though, you technically own the game step away for a while go play some other games and come back when you want to no one should limit themselves to just one game of course you would get bored, hell I would no matter how much I enjoy it.
    You can't have multiple mains, you always can only have one main. You can make another toon and you can make it your main but then your previous toon is no longer your main...

Thing is people who are bored don't dislike or hate the game. I really love the game I hate the buggs but they'll get fixed, the anoying part is that there really isn't that much to do. "yea i'm going to kill Jormagg now" isn't an option due to respawn timers. Running a dungeon more than once doesn't reward you as much as it used to so it's less appealing to do it.

If you compare to GW1 there was a lot more to do or the playtime just was longer, I played for nearly a month before I finished that game and it took me another month or two before I actually had completed FoW or UW. Now I did my PS in less than a week whilst also doing WvW.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-10-05 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You can't have multiple mains, you always can only have one main. You can make another toon and you can make it your main but then your previous toon is no longer your main...
    My main is the character I'm currently on.

Lick on that lollipop for a while.

Thing is people who are bored don't dislike or hate the game. I really love the game I hate the buggs but they'll get fixed, the anoying part is that there really isn't that much to do. "yea i'm going to kill Jormagg now" isn't an option due to respawn timers. Running a dungeon more than once doesn't reward you as much as it used to so it's less appealing to do it.

If you compare to GW1 there was a lot more to do or the playtime just was longer, I played for nearly a month before I finished that game and it took me another month or two before I actually had completed FoW or UW. Now I did my PS in less than a week whilst also doing WvW.
    When I said new main I meant exactly that, I deleted my old main to start a completely new one originally war now guardian.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    My main is the character I'm currently on.

Lick on that lollipop for a while.
    You can have one main.

You can have alts.

You can have characters.

If you play one character a lot, and that is "your real character", then it's your main.

If you got characters besides what you consider your main, then it's alts.

If you don't have one character you consider your main, then it's characters.

How I define it.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    You can have one main.

You can have alts.

You can have characters.

If you play one character a lot, and that is "your real character", then it's your main.

If you got characters besides what you consider your main, then it's alts.

If you don't have one character you consider your main, then it's characters.

How I define it.
    If I hop on my necromancer to do some jumping puzzles, that's my main.

If I then go on my warrior to play with a friend, that's my main.

Then I get on my mesmer and kill some peeps in W^3, that's my main.

After that I do some solo PvE with my ranger, that's my main.

Later I'll try getting the hang of the guardian, that's my main.

Afterwards I'll play with the thief, that's my main.

Subsequently I'll play around with elementalist builds, that's my main.

Finally I might strap the grenade kit on my engineer and just go bonkers, that's my main.

You, as well as everyone else, are not in such a position you can decide what my characters are or are not. The very notion of "main" is ridiculous, and assumes you have one character you care about much more than the others. Of course you do. The one you care the most about is the one you're playing. All the others, nothing will happen to them, they're frozen in cyberspace, maintaining the state they were in when last you saw them. The only one you care about is the one that you're currently controlling. To anyone who'd like to claim one of my characters to be a "main" above all others, I counter with, you're a hippopotamus. That's also a word grabbed out of thin air and applied to something without any scientifically approved facts behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    When I said new main I meant exactly that, I deleted my old main to start a completely new one originally war now guardian.
    It hurts my eyes to see this! Why (just curious)?

snips
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/main
    http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Hippopotamus

You counter with nonsense. And no the I'm playing now isn't the one I care most about, that's like saying my main job at work is the one i'm doing which is total BS.

Another fail on your part is saying there is no toon you care most about and then following with, ofc you do it's the one you're playing now.
    The very notion of "main" is ridiculous, and assumes you have one character you care about much more than the others. Of course you do. The one you care the most about is the one you're playing.
    There are various ways of determining what toon is your main, you can use /age, amount of exo's, the one you enjoy most,... The concept of main isn't grabbed out of thin air, ppl simply have other parameters to determine what toon is their main.

You counter with nonsense.
    Yes, I do. The best way to counter nonsense is with more nonsense.

And no the I'm playing now isn't the one I care most about
    Don't be ridiculous. In any game, you care about your character's state. You're never indifferent to things like losing health, death, or gaining power. That is a universal truth. Another one is that in most games - granted, not all, but GW2 certainly falls into this category - these states do not occur to your character while you're not playing. So don't give me any BS about being more concerned about the well-being of a character you're not even playing.

Another fail on your part is saying there is no toon you care most about
    Well, isn't that delicious. Do quote where I said anything of the sort.

There are various ways of determining what toon is your main, you can use /age, amount of exo's, the one you enjoy most,... The concept of main isn't grabbed out of thin air, ppl simply have other parameters to determine what toon is their main.
    ...you know, I'm going to leave this one as homework for you. A challenge, if you will - can you find ALL the contradictions in your statement?

Toasterman is an Asura alright

Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    It hurts my eyes to see this! Why (just curious)?
    Well I don't really feel any particular attachment to my characters and I got bored of playing warrior, its something a do a lot in most games I play, though its not restricted to characters alone, guess you could say I'm capricious.
    Last edited by Newbryn; 2012-10-06 at 10:31 AM.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Does magic find help one find more of the rare crafting mats ?
    thx.

I just received a "welcome to guild wars 2" email, looks 100% legit, only problem is I joined weeks ago at launch. Anyone else just get one? Is someone trying to hack my account? Or are AN trying to remind me to play?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Does magic find help one find more of the rare crafting mats ?
    thx.
    As far as what I've read/seen (despite not wearing it myself, only queuing the guild bonus), it does.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Yea, it's rarity. Chance of drop seems based on party size and the degree of damage you can output.

anyone know when GW2 will launch in china?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    anyone know when GW2 will launch in china?
    That's a good question. I can see the third party charging for game time there because the $60 up front fee will be too much.

Hi there :P long time without posting, ='( still no progress on getting GW2, but one day I'll get there (it did took me well over 6 months after launch to obtain SWTOR, who knows when I'll get this one)

However I wanted to share something funny with all of you. I log on my email, I check some stuff, then check my spam folder to clean it up, when I notice a funny email. "Guild Wars 2 Account Notice"

I was like o_O but I don't have a GW2 account. Just for the lulz I opened it, and lo and behold this grandiose level of stupidity xDDD

http://i.imgur.com/X01vg.png

Honest-to-god that has got to be the greatest FAIL of all times. Do people actually fall for this shit? xD

Mod edit: Huge image. Resize or use a thumbnail.
    Last edited by Derah; 2012-10-07 at 12:42 AM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Hah, that's rather humorous. I get those game account notices all of the time, including from games such as runescape which I've never played. All of those go directly to my junk pile so I never opened one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Hi there :P long time without posting, ='( still no progress on getting GW2, but one day I'll get there (it did took me well over 6 months after launch to obtain SWTOR, who knows when I'll get this one)

However I wanted to share something funny with all of you. I log on my email, I check some stuff, then check my spam folder to clean it up, when I notice a funny email. "Guild Wars 2 Account Notice"

I was like o_O but I don't have a GW2 account. Just for the lulz I opened it, and lo and behold this grandiose level of stupidity xDDD

http://i.imgur.com/X01vg.png

Honest-to-god that has got to be the greatest FAIL of all times. Do people actually fall for this shit? xD
    That's... amazing.

Yep, looks perfectly legit to me!

I got an identical one of those emails but it says Diablo 3 instead of GW2 this morning

Also, I got 100% world complete on my ele today, woot
    Moderator of Professions & Garrisons | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Warlords of Draenor | Diablo 3 | Hex TCG | Heroes of the Storm
    Steam