Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    snips
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/main
    http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Hippopotamus

You counter with nonsense. And no the I'm playing now isn't the one I care most about, that's like saying my main job at work is the one i'm doing which is total BS.

Another fail on your part is saying there is no toon you care most about and then following with, ofc you do it's the one you're playing now.
    The very notion of "main" is ridiculous, and assumes you have one character you care about much more than the others. Of course you do. The one you care the most about is the one you're playing.
    There are various ways of determining what toon is your main, you can use /age, amount of exo's, the one you enjoy most,... The concept of main isn't grabbed out of thin air, ppl simply have other parameters to determine what toon is their main.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You counter with nonsense.
    Yes, I do. The best way to counter nonsense is with more nonsense.

And no the I'm playing now isn't the one I care most about
    Don't be ridiculous. In any game, you care about your character's state. You're never indifferent to things like losing health, death, or gaining power. That is a universal truth. Another one is that in most games - granted, not all, but GW2 certainly falls into this category - these states do not occur to your character while you're not playing. So don't give me any BS about being more concerned about the well-being of a character you're not even playing.

Another fail on your part is saying there is no toon you care most about
    Well, isn't that delicious. Do quote where I said anything of the sort.

There are various ways of determining what toon is your main, you can use /age, amount of exo's, the one you enjoy most,... The concept of main isn't grabbed out of thin air, ppl simply have other parameters to determine what toon is their main.
    ...you know, I'm going to leave this one as homework for you. A challenge, if you will - can you find ALL the contradictions in your statement?

Deleted
    Toasterman is an Asura alright

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    It hurts my eyes to see this! Why (just curious)?
    Well I don't really feel any particular attachment to my characters and I got bored of playing warrior, its something a do a lot in most games I play, though its not restricted to characters alone, guess you could say I'm capricious.
    Last edited by Newbryn; 2012-10-06 at 10:31 AM.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does magic find help one find more of the rare crafting mats ?
    thx.

I just received a "welcome to guild wars 2" email, looks 100% legit, only problem is I joined weeks ago at launch. Anyone else just get one? Is someone trying to hack my account? Or are AN trying to remind me to play?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Does magic find help one find more of the rare crafting mats ?
    thx.
    As far as what I've read/seen (despite not wearing it myself, only queuing the guild bonus), it does.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Yea, it's rarity. Chance of drop seems based on party size and the degree of damage you can output.

anyone know when GW2 will launch in china?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    anyone know when GW2 will launch in china?
    That's a good question. I can see the third party charging for game time there because the $60 up front fee will be too much.

Hi there :P long time without posting, ='( still no progress on getting GW2, but one day I'll get there (it did took me well over 6 months after launch to obtain SWTOR, who knows when I'll get this one)

However I wanted to share something funny with all of you. I log on my email, I check some stuff, then check my spam folder to clean it up, when I notice a funny email. "Guild Wars 2 Account Notice"

I was like o_O but I don't have a GW2 account. Just for the lulz I opened it, and lo and behold this grandiose level of stupidity xDDD

http://i.imgur.com/X01vg.png

Honest-to-god that has got to be the greatest FAIL of all times. Do people actually fall for this shit? xD

Mod edit: Huge image. Resize or use a thumbnail.
    Last edited by Derah; 2012-10-07 at 12:42 AM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Hah, that's rather humorous. I get those game account notices all of the time, including from games such as runescape which I've never played. All of those go directly to my junk pile so I never opened one up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Hi there :P long time without posting, ='( still no progress on getting GW2, but one day I'll get there (it did took me well over 6 months after launch to obtain SWTOR, who knows when I'll get this one)

However I wanted to share something funny with all of you. I log on my email, I check some stuff, then check my spam folder to clean it up, when I notice a funny email. "Guild Wars 2 Account Notice"

I was like o_O but I don't have a GW2 account. Just for the lulz I opened it, and lo and behold this grandiose level of stupidity xDDD

http://i.imgur.com/X01vg.png

Honest-to-god that has got to be the greatest FAIL of all times. Do people actually fall for this shit? xD
    That's... amazing.

Yep, looks perfectly legit to me!

Deleted
    I got an identical one of those emails but it says Diablo 3 instead of GW2 this morning

Also, I got 100% world complete on my ele today, woot

Hahah that is just too funny.. I keep getting the same e-mails about Diablo 3 as well though, at least 2 each day!

@Shamanic Congrats on the 100% completion..I'm jealous !

yea i used to get swtor and runscape emails. Never opened them to see how bad it was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Guild Backpacks apparently are out there and cost 5g a piece (for slightly better stats than the 76 one from personal story).

As far as if they're visible, not sure, have better things to be spending my gold on at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The guild backpacks are visible (but can be toggled off), they just look like a backpack with the guild emblem on them. The stats are literally like +2 or 3 better than the one from the personal story though so it's probably about the most minor upgrade you can get for 5g.
    Well, I thought there was supposed to be cloaks and capes and not backpacks only.
    Feels like a waste of a slot to have so few options.

Deleted
    Considering the advanced cloak physics that existed in GW1 (not kidding; go find a video or something on it if you haven't seen it) for its age, I'd be pretty dang surprised if there wasn't some sort of cloak or cape in GW2. Might be that they're holding it back for a major content patch or expansion.

Considering the advanced cloak physics that existed in GW1 (not kidding; go find a video or something on it if you haven't seen it) for its age, I'd be pretty dang surprised if there wasn't some sort of cloak or cape in GW2. Might be that they're holding it back for a major content patch or expansion.
    Hopefully. Maybe it's coming in November!

No capes!

It only kills you