We heard your questions about extending the Halloween event for those of you affected by Sandy. Unfortunately we cannot do that, but the reason why we can’t is exciting: We are preparing for our big November update, which will start on November 15, and there will be content that will be in the game prior to that, leading up to the event. But we also want to use this moment to remind you all that your personal safety is much more important than any computer game. If you could be affected by the storm, please listen to the authorities and take every precaution to ensure you and your loved ones are safe. Tyria will still be there once the storm is over.
    Well I'll be damned.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Well I'll be damned.
    ArenaNet for president. Seems like Colin is living up to his words! +1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    You can buy cultural weapon skins or save it as part of the ingredients for getting a legendary. I've bought the Centaur and Ebon Vanguard weapons skins with my karma.

Free world transfers are going to be limited to once per week starting on Nov. 1st. About time.
    I bought the condition karma gear for my Thief. I knew I wasn't gonna get a legendary anytime soon and since I WvW I know I would have enough karma again by the time I get all the other pieces needed. I reskinned most of it to Vigil armor, so it doesn't look like a dress.

Armageddon Helm
    Whispering Shoulders
    Whispering Chest
    Whispering GLoves
    Whispering Legs
    Motral Feet

Condition

Percision

Toughness
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Don't want to start a new thread for this, but what's the situation of FoV (Field of View) in the game? Will it be improved like adding a slider for FoV in the options, or is changing the FoV impossible, due to game mechanics, like the UI etc.?
    There's actually a "beta test" for a FoV improvement. Read this for instructions on how to enable the "fix":
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/8...ges-beta-test/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Don't want to start a new thread for this, but what's the situation of FoV (Field of View) in the game? Will it be improved like adding a slider for FoV in the options, or is changing the FoV impossible, due to game mechanics, like the UI etc.?
    You don't need to start a thread, you can find one here : FOV Changes and Beta Test

Nice to see they are working on it.

Magic Find confirmed by developers not to affect drops from chests. Magic Find gear only affects creature drops. Good to get an answer on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Magic Find confirmed by developers not to affect drops from chests. Magic Find gear only affects creature drops. Good to get an answer on that.
    Woah, that is really good to know.

Deleted
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_...or_%28heavy%29

Anyone know if this armor is obtainable outside of PvP? I want these shoulders..

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_...or_%28heavy%29

Anyone know if this armor is obtainable outside of PvP? I want these shoulders..
    I believe it's the "Banded" set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I believe it's the "Banded" set.
    Oh wow, you're right. Can't believe I missed that. Thanks!

There is a dungeon requirement for the November monthly. Looks like I won't be getting that monthly done then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    There is a dungeon requirement for the November monthly. Looks like I won't be getting that monthly done then.
    If anyone needs another for the monthly dungeon runs you can feel free to give me a shout, I don't mind doing story modes with people who aren't 80 yet or don't want to run with a full pug and need the dungeons for the monthly.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey guys, been a long time. i need a favor, i am trying to find this armor set

but the PvE equivalent. the name of the set is PvP Masquerade but it is NOT the same as the crafted Masquerade set. i would like my character to have both set in PvE and in PvP. thanks.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    hey guys, been a long time. i need a favor, i am trying to find this armor set

but the PvE equivalent. the name of the set is PvP Masquerade but it is NOT the same as the crafted Masquerade set. i would like my character to have both set in PvE and in PvP. thanks.
    I'm almost certain that's the green set you can buy in orr, I believe its also available in fire-heart rise from various karma vendors by piece.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Have they already added new professions?

"Phantasmal Warlock", Mesmer Staff (3). Cute, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I'm almost certain that's the green set you can buy in orr, I believe its also available in fire-heart rise from various karma vendors by piece.
    any idea what the name of the armor is?

Edit: The Karma vendors in Orr seem to sell the PvE equivalent of the PvP Tactical set, which is not the one i am after i'm afraid, unless there are other vendors. i checked the vendors to the north of Arah, btw.
    Last edited by Odeezee; 2012-11-02 at 03:50 AM. Reason: update
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    any idea what the name of the armor is?

Edit: The Karma vendors in Orr seem to sell the PvE equivalent of the PvP Tactical set, which is not the one i am after i'm afraid, unless there are other vendors. i checked the vendors to the north of Arah, btw.
    check the karma vendors in fireheart rise then that one I'm certain of just gotta find the ones that have the pieces since its the only karma cloth piece available on that map.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone knows where one can buy Orichalcum Mining Pick for Karma?
    thx.

Quote Originally Posted by JonPeters
    Also, the cake has spiders on it which are arachnids, not bugs! Just wanted to take my chance to nit pick back. Also just because we are in here doesn’t mean we are only doing Necro stuff as well in case any non-necros read this. I have changes and bug fixes for Mesmer, Warrior, Engineer, Thief, Guardian, Ranger, and Elementalist in my list already in testing as well.
    It's not just a necro update...

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If anyone needs another for the monthly dungeon runs you can feel free to give me a shout, I don't mind doing story modes with people who aren't 80 yet or don't want to run with a full pug and need the dungeons for the monthly.
    I might take you up on that offer actually.
    Haven't done any dungeon at all yet and I don't like to PUG. :P