Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Anyone here use Google Mobile Authenticator (on Android OS) in Guild Wars 2? I recently logged in to the game and the launcher didn't ask authentication code like it usually does. Same thing happened when I logged in to the account management. Still in there it's shown that my account still has an authenticator attached.

Also, in-game gem store seems a bit broken at the moment, I can't click any of the "tabs" in the store.
    Yeah, after the latest patch it didn't ask me for the authenticator, I've been meaning to make a post about it on the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLewis
    This means that if you are logging in from a location that you permitted via email authentication, the mobile authenticator will not currently prompt you for a secondary code
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/8...ticator-users/

Thanks for that 1001, that's good to hear. Hopefully they get the "Modify Remembered Locations" page working soon too

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    If that's why it isn't asked they could do better job informing people with these kind of changes, maybe post it in to the game launcher after log in, maybe? At least for the players who don't read the official forums.
    Couldn't agree more. Anything security related should be linked to as a matter of course, an additional link for current issues would be well appreciated.

Well ArenaNet doesn't have the best of communication. I think they need to really improve that.

Interesting thread on the official forums about tier 6 material prices spiking up very quickly. It's apparently because of all of the mass banning of bots and gold sellers done recently. I had a feeling this complaint would happen when the bots are gone. Now players can make good money from farming again.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Interesting thread on the official forums about tier 6 material prices spiking up very quickly. It's apparently because of all of the mass banning of bots and gold sellers done recently. I had a feeling this complaint would happen when the bots are gone. Now players can make good money from farming again.
    Job well done by ANet then, Colin said that he wanted to remove as many bots as possible and apparently his plan is working so that's good. Now i can finally sell my orich ores for a good price

Deleted
    I managed to get myself temporarily suspended on the Guild Wars 2 forum. I wasn't mean or anything, I just got warnings that I didn't contribute too much to the threads I wrote in.

I think I posted too many memes :>

Also I heard that they will take away that reserved-names thing soon, perhaps I can get the name I want on another character.
    Last edited by mmoc78d225b3dd; 2012-11-08 at 11:34 AM.

Or god forbid it could be what they said eh Bovinity?

I logged in to Queensdale and there are still bots running the farm events.

Probably did ban a bunch of bots. But they're like weeds.

Problem is that they ban a bunch of bots, then new ones sprout just like you said.

Almost seems like the war on drugs, you can never win.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Job well done by ANet then, Colin said that he wanted to remove as many bots as possible and apparently his plan is working so that's good. Now i can finally sell my orich ores for a good price
    ori shouldn't change much due to demand being quite low. Also the amount of ppl gaining acces to farm it is rising over time

I do agree with divinity that it could possibly be a fck up by anet, earlier this week they did screw up dye droprate for instance

So jaded, Bov. ANet's interest is for people to have fun playing the game - and that's not done by doing things that lead to conspiracy theories and the like. Lighten up.

And that's what I'm calling the conspiracy theory. Sure, low-cost items on the TP might seem good to the consumer, but in the long run it's harmful to the economy; that is, when it's artificially inflated, as is the case when bots are the source. If you ban bots, but let their farmed items remain in the market, you haven't solved anything. Botters will still bot, with the only consequence being they need to buy/steal another account. You really think ANet looked at the TP, saw the supply, and banned from that? Some people...

1) As has been said before, banning bots doesn't prevent new bots from being used.
    2) Any action against an account must be due to there being a violation of a rule, or they'll hurt themselves in the long run - so even if your theory of them banning based on their TB activity is accurate, that'd only be an accidental accuracy for you -- they would still investigate the accounts before taking action. Otherwise, I'd just report people for undercutting my TP items...
    3) Anti-farm mechanics are intended to combat botting, though do occasionally have adverse effects on legitimate players. But, as with GW1, these mechanics will be refined over time. And having a cash shop has absolutely nothing to do with banning people for posting low priced trades - in fact, it would be contrary to it, as if the account is legitimate they would be losing a customer. See item 2

"Hey, we don't like these being this cheap, and here's where a lot of the supply is from."
    Given as your expected reason why you think people were banned.

It's like I shouldn't have even bothered saying RIGHT BEFORE THAT LINE that I was sure the supply they removed was from bots.
    Hold on a sec, before you start getting bent out of shape and denying saying things you have said...well I guess I'm a bit late on that, but...bear with me for a sec so I can, yet again, point out your logic and its flaws
    1) You say you're sure the supply was removed from bots. Great, we're on the same page here
    1a) Not your logic, but needs to be said (again): botted mats harm the economy, even if it looks good to the consumer. Legit players not being able to make a profit for their work and all that, common sense
    1b) Botted items should be removed with the bots (ideally removed completely, but some set of transactions may make that impossible)
    1c) Bots are bad for the game in general, make some subset of players feel there are more botters than players even if it's not true.
    2) Supply was removed to control the market - here's your failure. You agree the supply is from botters, but then argue it was/they were removed to control the market. A logical conclusion would be that they were removed because the bot who farmed it was removed, and that was to improve the economy and the game in general
    2a) It's possible they were detected due to the TP, though if the hundreds/thousands of reports people claim they make is valid, then what makes the TP a better source?
    3) Somehow you link botters posting mats cheaply with ANet wanting a long-term, highly successful game, and with the gem store...
    And then you claim there's no conspiracy theory, but ANet's doing it to control the market...

Or they're doing it with both in mind, but realize they'd have more problems if people think bots are ruining their experience so put that as the priority, and the market side effects are related but not the driving goal...
    What you're talking about is common in F2P games, because their only source of income is the cash shop. In GW1, the boxes were a much larger revenue stream than the cash shop. Now you'll tell me that that's because it was added late, and didn't contain the same things the GW2 cash shop does, and the game wasn't designed around it...all of which are true, but ultimately meaningless. The same type of goods/services were available in the GW1 cash shop, even if the specifics differ. Ultimately, the cash shop doesn't matter to a large subset of players, is hated by another subset, and loved by another subset. The only guaranteed revenue is the box. And if you really think that cash->gems->purchasing rare items is worth it, be my guest, but the last time I looked, the exchange rate wasn't sufficient gold:gems (for gold), in my opinion. YMMV

10+ Year Old Account
    The bots are gone from Frostgorge. I imagine people that were running bot programs are pretty darn upset they have to start over in Queensdale ;-)
    Valar morghulis

Nah. There are still bots in Orr aplenty.