Deleted
    I don't think I really want to continue with Guild Wars 2 anymore.

This past week has shown ArenaNet's true colour, and it just makes me sad.

I'm really sad that they had to start adding gear with better stats because apparantly that's what we 'need.' And what makes me even more sad is that the Legendaries now got buffed up with damage, compared to an exotic, which makes these unqiue exotics with unique skins (Talking about the Mystic Forge ones, like Foefire's Essence) almost completely useless, because you should go for a legendary if you want the best item in slot.

This really torns me apart.

Deleted
    The update of the legendaires to ascended level is a confirmed bug. it will be reduced to exotic again and stay there until ascended weapons are coming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then it just happens later instead of sooner. It's still a bummer.
    The deciding factor here is wether legendaries are the only BiS weapons or not. And they never will be.

I am sorta curious what these limited time, cash shop only crafting materials create.

Deleted
    If I read it correctly the crafting materials are not time limited but will stay as permanent drops/loot/whatever in the new area.

Edit:
    Yes, the new crafting materials have their own bullet point under items, the consortium chest isn't even referrig to NEW crafting materials, but just crafting materials, could mean anything
    Last edited by mmoc5babf89286; 2012-11-16 at 01:14 AM.

Hmm, no makeover kits in the store yet. disappointing

Hm. So any ideas out there what these new mats make?
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-16 at 01:36 AM.

hmm, have you tried it in the mystic forge? There was this statement about ascending back-items from the forge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    I don't think I really want to continue with Guild Wars 2 anymore.

This past week has shown ArenaNet's true colour, and it just makes me sad.

I'm really sad that they had to start adding gear with better stats because apparantly that's what we 'need.' And what makes me even more sad is that the Legendaries now got buffed up with damage, compared to an exotic, which makes these unqiue exotics with unique skins (Talking about the Mystic Forge ones, like Foefire's Essence) almost completely useless, because you should go for a legendary if you want the best item in slot.

This really torns me apart.
    People need something to work towards, some form of character progression. Right now when you hit lvl 80 and craft/buy all the exotic gear (which takes pretty much no time at all), there is nothing to look forward to in terms of progression. Not even the legendary items are any better, they just look different. And besides, the several hundreds of in-game hours in takes to get them is way out of reach for the vast majority of players.

Something that's difficult and time consuming to get (but not quite as difficult or time consuming as legendaries) is sorely needed to keep people still playing.

I don't understand your rant about making unique exotics useless tbh. Legendaries will be on par with exotics (now) and ascended (when they get introduced) weapons. Once you get your future ascended weapon you can apply the skin from your favorite exotic if you want. There's nothing whatsoever making legendaries "must have", not now and not in the future. They're only a skin, that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That was the ENTIRE selling point of the game. You capped out very fast, and then there was nothing but "fun" to do after that.

I really can't believe how many posts I'm seeing where people seem to be just accepting the loss of that concept and encouraging the shift - however small - toward a more progression oriented system.
    I know that, however, the core problem is that exotics are way too easy to get. It should have taken far longer to get a full set of exotics than it did. If I correctly remember what that blog said, even Arenanet admitted they were surprised by just how quickly people managed to get a full set of exotics. You don't even need to do any dungeons to get exotics. You just level up, craft stuff/buy on TP and then you're done. The incentive to run any dungeons or events or even venture out into the world is simply missing, because there are no satisfying rewards. It was a design flaw, simple as that.

Introducing a new tier of items that actually requires people to run dungeons and participate in the world, well, that's what exotics should have been in the first place, but Anet can't change what has already been done (believe me, the uproar would be even greater then). This is the best fix for that problem.

The core problem is there are a lot more "I didn't really play GW1" people in GW2 than "I played GW1 loads" people.

Really.

That is what this is from a design philosophy stance; the culture of people attracted to the series has shifted. Anet are reacting to the needs of this 'new' player base by their own admission.

That isn't to say linear gear progression is a good or bad thing. Though it is definitely a different thing from the past 7+ years of the franchise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    People need something to work towards, some form of character progression. Right now when you hit lvl 80 and craft/buy all the exotic gear (which takes pretty much no time at all), there is nothing to look forward to in terms of progression.
    It's your opinion.
    It worked just fine for 7+ years in GW1.

GW1 and GW2 are completely different games though. GW2 is driven more like a typical mmo. GW1 was almost completely campaign driven in its PvE game.

Now, I'm not going to state my stance on one side of this or the other. I'm not sure this typical MMO progression will work well as a long term fix to the game. But there comes a point where comparing GW1 and GW2 is silly, as they're completely different games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willias View Post
    GW1 and GW2 are completely different games though. GW2 is driven more like a typical mmo. GW1 was almost completely campaign driven in its PvE game.

Now, I'm not going to state my stance on one side of this or the other. I'm not sure this typical MMO progression will work well as a long term fix to the game. But there comes a point where comparing GW1 and GW2 is silly, as they're completely different games.
    In my opinion is the complete oposite, there are more similarities in between GW1 and GW2 than differences.

In some ways, sure.

But it's also like expecting Mario to be about jumping & star collecting and then suddenly you got a sequel where like Mario is riding around in a go-kart. Or fighting Solid Snake while the Koppa Kid from world 3-3 is throwing ninja stars at Kirby.

While those other games may be different or okay as standalone- nonetheless there is reason enough to say, "What in the fuck am I playing?" occasionally.

I suppose the one solace in this is that there will be multiple ways of getting the top end equipment. In most other mmos you have to run a particular instance (or raids pretty much) in order to get that gear. Not saying I agree with what they are doing but I feel it is mitigated somewhat with that fact.

I don't understand why some people come up with: but it worked well the last 7 years...

The game is out now, it has a very big varied userbase and a lot of different tastes to satisfy. Why is it so evil, to evolve certain design decisions without compromising the others? There is vertical progression in GW2 from level 1 to 80 already. The difference to treadmill-games is that it takes a relatively short time to reach a power plateau. It won't be different in the future, why should it? It worked well so far. Ascended is just another power level.

There is no treadmill there to open up new content by getting better stuff. A different difficulty of a dungeon isn't additional content, it's just the same content more challenging for people who need a challenge. You can choose a lower/basic standard difficulty level if you'd like to see any other shard of the 9 available shards, so all of the shards are open to everyone from the start. This is not gating. It's a challenge mode intertwined with a normal PvE content. Optional.

so again:

-) all of the content (including the 9 shards of the new dungeon mode) is available with the gear you have before ascendend. You can even go in there with rare stuff.
    -) Infusions are only needed to unlock a challenge inside of this dungeon (more difficult runs) later on. You first have to grind Infusions in order to unlock the challenge.
    -) the challenge isn't new content, only the same content with more difficult stuff.

The candystore where you bought chocolate the last 7 years now sells chocolate and chewing gum. I don't feel betrayed if the store now has something for both audiences as long as the chocolate tastes awesome. And it does.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 08:08 AM ----------

I just heard that you'll need to grind quite a time for ascendend gear. Can someone confirm this? This would be odd. I'm fully aware about optional grind for Infusion, but this... O_o
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-11-16 at 07:09 AM.

Deleted
    I've just done a TA explorer run and got 2 of the new bags.

They contained: 2x 3 token, 2x bag of money with roughly 3s30c per bag, 1x little karma flask, giving 400 karma (unboosted)

so in this case the run netted 66 token, around 40s, around 2000 karma