Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    The new zone is kind of half a zone, and really just gives some fresh air after Zombie Isle aka Orr. I can see them maybe adding a progression with Skill points and Vistas later too, and some extra events.
    extra events? How about the standard for a max level zone? I don't count 7 events an alternative to Orr. 4 of which take hours to spawn and minutes to complete.

This patch has been complete shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    They definitely do. I remember seeing it in one of the pre-launch videos. It was 3-5 people or something like that which is far too small IMHO. On my present project we have 3 developers and 3 testers. 1 tester for each of the two sub-systems and the third one trying to break things.
    Could easily be Anet staff or F&F. I think that is more likely. I watched the PC Gamer streams of CBT and most zones shown were far too sparse. And the quality of play was def. not QA levels.

Proper QA staff do not fuck around. They will break the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The trouble I have is the Kraka spawn almost instantly.

For example, I just killed two of them in Sunshore Shoals. I stopped to type in guild chat for less than 10 seconds. Both recently killed kraka respawned right behind me. -_-
    The first time you "kill" it, you are merely breaking through the armored shell. That's why it goes down easier the second time.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Can someone tell me what there is to do on karka island?

Ive explored the whole dang thing and only saw 3 events. 2 were in the sea.

Seems stupid that they introduce a new zone, do the one time event chain and then there are no more DE.
    i believe they said they will be introducing new events into the zone later.

That doesn't explain the other creatures like skelk and the drakes by the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    i believe they said they will be introducing new events into the zone later.
    Ok. So they added a half completed zone and decide to finish it next month and call it a monthly update in 2 separate months

brilliant.

I know now not to get excited for the content patches or rewards from holiday events.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-11-20 at 03:09 AM.

Ahhh the sugar coating

"The lost shores will change tyria forever"

Karka attacked 2 beaches and then tyria went back to normal. The citizens in the lighthouse of lions arch act like it was never blown up.

"A new zone"

Yea a new empty zone. There is nothing to do besides 2 jumping puzzles. Zone was half assed, 3 mobs total (karka, drake and windridders), veteran karka farming ended up just being a copy of TERAs spider BAMS. He jumps, shoots poison and curls up and rolls. Exact god damn thing just copied. They plan on adding real content to it LATER. They only do monthly content updates so nothing on this island for another month minimum. It's not even guaranteed to be in next month. Waste of resources and zones.

"new proffesion changes 5 pages long"

How short is Anet's fucking pages?

The Intern wasn't supposed to condense tooltip updates into a single point.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Now that the rich ori vein is now guarded by a champion to solve a overfarming problem that didn't needed to exist in the first place, this brand new zone is now completely worthless.

It's pretty obvious no thought was given by Anet to the obvious consequences done by the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Im so glad they made the chest reward at the end of the ancient karka fight amazing. That fight was the most unbearably boring thing ive done in the last few months, EASILY. I actually said fuck it half way through, made dinner and the god damn boss hadnt even moved an inch, he was still sending out waves.

If that chest hadnt given me a bag and some exotics I swear to god -_-.
    At least you superior Aryan players has the time and luck to grind out that event, while untermensch like me are now over-entitled pricks complaining about the shittiness of it because we don't live in U.S timezones or have the sheer audacity to decide real life stuff like job interviews and funerals takes priority over a game.

As evidenced by Anet's own wonderful post of catering to only those who attempted the event and a big FU to the rest:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rst#post788769
    Last edited by freeforumuser; 2012-11-20 at 07:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freeforumuser View Post
    Now that the rich ori vein is now guarded by a champion to solve a overfarming problem that didn't needed to exist in the first place, this brand new zone is now completely worthless.

It's pretty obvious no thought was given by Anet to the obvious consequences done by the patch.
    Sadly I have to agree with you, the only saving grace of this patch is Fotm since imo is so well made (Asceneded gear apart). The new zone looks great but its so darn empty nearly 0 events happening there.

ArenaNet need to hype their player base much much less because the disappoitments are reaching breaking point for some old players.

Deleted
    I don't really mind the gear progression. I didn't ask for it or particularly want it, but I wanted content progression and realize that this inevitably comes with gear progression as well. So, I expected it and wasn't very bothered by the announcement. What did disappoint me is the fact that it's just yet another dungeon. Another spoonful of five-man content -- in a game called Guild Wars which, you'll note, is woefully lacking in activities meant for guilds. Aside from WvW, which isn't so much a guild activity as it is just a large-scale thing that you're welcome to bring your guild for, there isn't actually anything meaningful to do in GW2 for more than five players. It's just another one of the many strange inconsistencies in this game: ANet clearly went to some length to make guilds a tangible part of the game, considering the initials in your nametag and the ability to join several guilds and so on, and yet they neglected to actually make guilds relevant in any sense.

A lot of guilds have been collapsing as people discover that not only is there nothing in this game that you need to be in a guild in order to do, there's almost nothing you can do as a guild, and there actually isn't anything that encourages you to be in a guild at all. There's always the social element, but that's hardly worth mentioning since it's an intangible thing and not something you can credit a game with. Provided that you have friends and don't depend on a guild for actual interaction and association, there is zero practical reason to be in a guild... in Guild Wars 2. No content, no benefits, no facilities or features. There's no gameplay for guilds, nothing for them to really accomplish, no way for them to stand out, very little reason for players to stay in a guild in case there's a bit of dispute over something, and very little reason for guild officials to try and ensure that their members are happy and productive. This is very bad for an MMORPG.

Even disregarding the absurdity of guilds being almost pointless in a game that has them in the title, it's just a big loss to the genre. I suspect this is the first ever MMORPG with literally no content designed for guilds. No raiding, no GvG, no guild leveling or guild halls. How poor is that? The entire game is cooked down to one-party gameplay, with the exception of a few pointless zerg events in the open world, and WvW which is just a huge free-for-all when you get right down to it. There's almost nothing to work together for in this game, nothing to challenge a larger group and to instill a sense of solidarity in players. As a consequence, there's very little to discuss or get invested in. It's such a light, shallow game. Nothing feels important or special. It's all just something you do with a handful of other players, something that isn't really impressive or even very memorable at all. Hell, with the removal of the healer and tank roles, it's quite limited how much you can even challenge players at all with just 5-man content.

I really thought they'd bring something better than just another dungeon. In fact, that's what would have made gear progression okay, a necessary evil that comes bundled with a facet of MMORPG gameplay that nobody has ever figured out how to do better than with gear progression. If they wanted to just make another freakin' dungeon, what's even the purpose of additional gear levels? I'm pretty sure that those who complained about meaningful long-term endgame goals didn't mean just gear but also places to put it to use in a manner that feels like it has some purpose and gravity.

I've been saying for a while that ANet made a mistake in stepping into MMORPG territory in the first place, because they still seem to want to design content more suited for the instanced mission-based model of GW1. I mean, if you refuse to make content for more than a single-digit number of players, why make an MMORPG at all? This isn't exactly the only way in which they seem completely unprepared and unqualified for running an MMORPG. Gear is a means to an end, and that end is challenging large-scale content that feels compelling and special, something you can be proud of doing and something that requires the cooperation of more than just a handful of players. Take that away and what is gear but numbers that piss off those who can't get them?
    Last edited by mmocc9bca2205f; 2012-11-20 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    I don't really mind the gear progression. I didn't ask for it or particularly want it, but I wanted content progression and realize that this inevitably comes with gear progression as well.
    This is not true, the rest of your post I can somewhat relate to.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you press B, the WvWvW chart show up.
    The bonuses that one earns in WvWvW (Artisan, Gatherer. etc) also work outside of WvWvW ? Also, are they linked to the account or to each toon?
    Last edited by Bugg; 2012-11-20 at 06:05 PM.

bonuses are server wide, so everyone on that server will get whatever bonus your server has in wvw.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh, so this means they will reset once the w3 teams change?

correct

...need more letters

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Sea of Sorrows zone offer better drops from normal mobs than the Orr undeads? Spent just a few mins there, and the mobs hit pretty strong, and they are pretty scattered. The undeads in Orr are softer and 2-3 in one place. Is it the normal trade: more easier to kill mobs vs rarer tougher mobs with better loot drop?

well I only played for a few hours over the weekend but in my small experience the drops in the new area were abysmal. Much better in Orr but probably need a bigger sample size.

10+ Year Old Account
    My drops in Orr have been really crappy, did 3 runs of plinx, 3 tars, 3 arenas, 1 full server reset Arah, starting at the zone entrance, and didn't get 1 rare yesterday. It was the first time in Orr since Plinx spawn timer has been increased.

Edit: 80~MF
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

N00b question. :P How do you link waypoints in /map? I've been doing Ctrl + click, but doing that always cancels out any other text I've typed and only posts the WP.