Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I learned to buy my manuals off the TP fairly early on, fortunately. Somehow, though, I completely missed the dialog option for respeccing. Does it continue to increase in price like it did in WoW? I checked on my level 73 and it was only 3.15s.
    Probably it doesn't. Everytime I respecced it was always the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    But what I'm saying is that for a lot of people, the thing you say to remove is actually the thing they find fun about the MMO. What is wrong with that? Can't people play games for things they like even if it's not the thing you're trying to make them like instead?

Guild war's 2 more active combat vs the stat list of something like WoW or even the nearly turn based FFXI might be an interesting distraction but it's really not what is going to keep people coming back and it's not why people play MMO games. If they wanted combat, they're playing Street Fighter online somewhere. The hotbar RPG is a convenient enough style but really what makes WoW successful isn't the type of combat, but the feeling of progress amongst a community. If you take that away, it's just not a MMO, so I have to ask again, why would you take away all the fun stuff THEN ask people if they like the game?
    I take it you like Roll (dice/rng) playing games, the reason debate you guys embarked on is silly, there simply was a post saying gw2 is becoming a roll playing game and not a role playing game as promised.

The issue isn't with what people like or dislike in a game, it's about what people think they like (or say they like) and what they actually like.
    This is the issue with WoW and why the 2pics were posted. Most people think they're playing a role playing game and that what they like is slaying dragons while in reality they like the Roll playing side of it.

On it's own this isn't very important (i like tetris u like pacman, big deal) the problem is when a game is released in somewhere in the middle of those two types ppl won't be happy.
    A-net and GW2 was marketed as a Role playing game but is now slowly taking theroute of a roll playing game which upsets the Role pgamers since they feel betrayed.

Lately I've been unable to find groups for story modes while leveling my new character :S
    When I started playing people were always spamming /map for story modes, now it's just completely empty.

Been trying to find a group for CM story for 3 days now lol, nothing. So annoying.

evrybody that still play is either in w3 or doing fractals. I had the same problem in the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    evrybody that still play is either in w3 or doing fractals. I had the same problem in the last week.
    I can still find groups for dungeons, or form them. Sometimes I go with friends and guild.

Protip: A good and nice guild increases your enjoyment by 1028%.

Protip #2: Many statistics are made up, because they make something look smarter and proven. In fact, this happens in 78% of all circumstances that involves statistics.
    Belief can become reality!

Urgh, now I remember why I should write down my password, and e-mails and not use these ''remember user name and password'' cookies, I had to make a new account on MMO-Champion because of it.

Now if we put that aside...

I haven't even played the fractals yet since I haven't taken much interest in them, and started to play less since Lost Shores patch. I've noticed I have started to go away more and more from MMO's overall, and gone to 'normal' games. Playing games on Steam and such.

I'm using a Sigil of Fire (30% chance on crit to trigger and AoE blast) on my Main-hand sword but not my Off-hand sword. I think I remember reading somewhere that with these kind of things, if you are dual wielding the proc chance is halved for each weapon. Is this true?

Wondering if there would be any benefit to adding a second Sigil of Fire (but they are a bit too expensive to test).

---------------

Edit...

Sigils that have a chance to trigger on critical hits stack their chance percentages multiplicatively, not additively. For example, two major Sigils of Fire, which each have a 20% chance to trigger on critical hit, will have a 36% chance to trigger, not 40%. Stacked chance = 1 - (1 - % chance) * (1 - % chance) Example, with 20 as the % chance: 1 - .8 * .8 = .36, or 36% Example 2, with 60 as the % chance: 1 - .4 * .4 = .84, or 84%

From the Wiki
    Last edited by Cyphran; 2012-11-24 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Post Google

Regardless of the percentages, the way that proc or on-swap style sigils work (They have a habit of putting each other on cooldown) it seems like it's never worth having two at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Regardless of the percentages, the way that proc or on-swap style sigils work (They have a habit of putting each other on cooldown) it seems like it's never worth having two at the same time.
    It seems they are supposed to do that. Simply that the chance that it will proc (and thus begin the cooldown) is higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    It seems they are supposed to do that. Simply that the chance that it will proc (and thus begin the cooldown) is higher.
    To be honest, I don't really think it's good at all to go with two of the same sigils on both your weapons. You benefit more from two completely different ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Protip: A good and nice guild increases your enjoyment by 1028%.
    yep, that`s why I now brows the official forums and gw2guilds.org in search of an active guild.

Anyone have any tips on how to not get my ass handed to me in Orr? So far the only thing I'm accomplishing trying to get map completion is broken gear.

Anyone have any tips on how to not get my ass handed to me in Orr? So far the only thing I'm accomplishing trying to get map completion is broken gear.
    What profession are you playing?

Remember to use different utility skills as well. Take those who breaks stuns or gives you speed boost and such.

I don't have too many issues in Orr, even in my MF gear. I normally run straight towards creeps. Don't try and skirt in between them, you are likely to pull 2 instead of just one. I also use my heal on CD.

Nothing in Orr is more difficult than the previous zones. There are just a ton of mobs in Orr. It's the number of Krait and Risen that are the problem. Not the mobs themselves.

Pro tip: Just run pass all that shit. Get the POIs/WPs and keep running. Heal/stun break, invul, run skills-- equip all that, and just run.

The game isn't particularly difficult in any area. When I cleared Orr I was still in a mish-mash of gear ranging from level 40-70 gear. The first piece of level 80 gear I used was like a green sword from Cursed Shore.

Might wanna make sure you are running a good build.

As a Thief , in Orr i just switch to Shortbow, and use Infiltrators Arrow to blink around.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    What profession are you playing?
    Ranger thus far, though I have a warrior headed out there soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Nothing in Orr is more difficult than the previous zones. There are just a ton of mobs in Orr. It's the number of Krait and Risen that are the problem. Not the mobs themselves.
    I don't know. They certainly seem to hurt a lot more and take longer to die. x_X

Pro tip: Just run pass all that shit. Get the POIs/WPs and keep running. Heal/stun break, invul, run skills-- equip all that, and just run.
    That was my next plan since I don't really know what else to do. :P

The game isn't particularly difficult in any area. When I cleared Orr I was still in a mish-mash of gear ranging from level 40-70 gear. The first piece of level 80 gear I used was like a green sword from Cursed Shore.

Might wanna make sure you are running a good build.
    Well, nearly all the mobs seem to have some form of slow and/or immobilize as well as a poison and/or bleed. The mob density is the worst I've seen anywhere in the game thus far and the respawn rate is absolutely ridiculous. This is not even counting 'cursed' areas where you take continuous DoT damage and/or can't heal or the fact that many areas have near constant events occurring. I've yet to be able to do anything in the Temple of Lyssa because it's perpetually overrun with undead in exactly the areas I need to go. Maybe that's not particularly "difficult", but it's annoying and makes trying to accomplish much without a group both challenging and frustrating.

I was wearing level 80 greens, but at this point I think I'm just going to buy a new set of blues since I can't go longer than 10 minutes without getting overwhelmed and dying. As for a build, I'm currently running Ranger 20/30/20/0/0 with short bow/axe&torch swap.

Ranger thus far, though I have a warrior headed out there soon too.
    If possible, go with Greatsword and [Random One-Handed Weapon] & Horn.

Use the Greatsword for the flying charge, and the Horn for speed boost. Also, take some good utilites that breaks stuns, and that one utility that makes your pet take all damage. Remember to dodge too, obviously.

This is for exploring only, of course.

For gaining access to Orr, there are a lot of events that flow through the zone. This is how I first got a lot of waypoints. I just followed the DE's and picked up a path through. From there I was able to pick off the remaining points without too much difficulty (except the top left on land of the straits, that skill point was rather though). I regularly farm Orr for Orch.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    This is far from the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?