Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Style Hair and Total Makeover Kits now available on Black Lion Trading Post. Finally.
    Sure took some time. Sad that you can't really exchange gold for gems since it will cost you more than 10 gold to come up to 350 gems.

Did they recently add a benefit to being in a party? I used to be able to do DEs in peace, but now I'm frequently besieged with unsolicited party requests as well as people incessantly spamming for groups to join as if they somehow won't get credit for the DE without one. This isn't in the starter areas either, it's level 40+.

Deleted
    I think it has to do with something like a 'farming' group. People want to be in party so they can see where you are so you can do events together, since it's pretty hard to solo these Champion events.

If you do DE while in a party you receive more loot and have a better chance of getting rares. That's what has been said and from personal experience it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Did they recently add a benefit to being in a party?
    Being in a party has always beeen more beneficial than soloing a DE in terms of drops.

It is why everyone in Orr shouts "Add to party". Loot is based on how many mobs tagged and how much damage the group collectively dealt. As a solo player you can never compete with the zerg.

I am pretty sure I advised you specifically on the finer points of 6gold/hour zerging. Pretty certain actually.

The odd thing is there seems to be an implicit bonus for just being in a party apart from the above as well.

TLDR: Every activity in the open world is better with the zerg.

Deleted
    Is Guild Wars 2 worth getting? cause i play WOW and it cost quite abit to pay for it! is this game better?

It depends on what you are looking for in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Being in a party has always beeen more beneficial than soloing a DE in terms of drops.

It is why everyone in Orr shouts "Add to party". Loot is based on how many mobs tagged and how much damage the group collectively dealt. As a solo player you can never compete with the zerg.
    I must not have gotten the memo because this is news to me. O_o

I am pretty sure I advised you specifically on the finer points of 6gold/hour zerging. Pretty certain actually.

The odd thing is there seems to be an implicit bonus for just being in a party apart from the above as well.

TLDR: Every activity in the open world is better with the zerg.
    Mayhap you did, but I haven't started farming Orr DEs yet. I got side-tracked leveling an alt.

However, speaking of event farming, I was wondering if guardian surpasses ranger in terms of tagging efficiency? Staff for guardian really is OP in that regard, it's got huge range, huge spread, and is spammable.

I main a Guardian and I gotta say it is amazing for tagging. Staff 1 skill is more than enough for you to tag everything you want, you have lots of AoE spells, and if that is not enough you can even tag with the GS. Ranger has traps which are good also I believe, but I think the Guardian outshines him.

However, speaking of event farming, I was wondering if guardian surpasses ranger in terms of tagging efficiency?
    Yes. Guardian and Engineer are the best 3WP farmers. Engineers can get AFk credit for all 3 at once.

If you have a running buddy have them leash an Engineer to Orr for ya. Assuming you don't have one there already or max level. Then just AFk farm/level your way to 80 in Orr.

Rangers can do okay with traps and axe but its not as passive or lucrative as Guardian, Engineer or Elementalist. Unless you bot Ranger, then Ranger is godly at farming.

Most of the botters are Rangers for this fact. Of course, botting is bannable. Wouldn't advise botting.

news about Teamcolors in sPvP:

finally the monotonous coloring is gone
    Apologies, this feature wasn’t suppose to go out in today’s patch. This was intended to come out with the next patch along with a UI drop down to change how you want team colors to work. The new default setting is WvW style coloring (enemy only has team colors), but you will also be able to make everyone, or nobody team-colored. There will also be UI changes to reinforce what team you’re currently on, so hold tight, apologies again!
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rst#post914887

Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yes. Guardian and Engineer are the best 3WP farmers. Engineers can get AFk credit for all 3 at once.
    I'm not sure what you mean by AFK farming? Also, which 3 waypoints? I'm still not that familiar with Cursed Shore and its events.

I'm not sure what you mean by AFK farming? Also, which 3 waypoints? I'm still not that familiar with Cursed Shore and its events.
    There are 3 linked waypoints in Cursed Shore that have like nonstop events. They're towns.

Lots of folks call those towns, 3WP [3 waypoint spam]. Like the DEs respawn every 5 mins or so and last like 10. Just stand with a big group and spam AOE.

As soon one of these town events ends, the next town along the road is attacked. And you zerg there. Then the next town. Then it starts from the beginning at the first town again. All the time, nonstop.

The road is safe too so you wont have to trudge through 1000 risen to get to the zerg/town. Most folks just afk at one spot with their auto attack or something macro'd via software.

It used to be like 6/gold an hour on average. Tons and tons of drops too. Not sure about the exact payout now because I haven't done it in a while. But as you can see of my screen shot just a few mins ago, the 3 areas are hotspots for farming still.

Make sure you are wearing full magic find gear.

Engineers are the kings of this kind of farming. And you should have 1 max level Engineer for gold/karma farming. Drop one turret each at the 3 towns in Orr. Go afk. The aoe burst of your turrets counts for credit for all 3 events

You don't really have to be "afk". Can just alt tab back and forth, watching a movie or reading. Whatever works for you. It's just mindeless zombie killing. Just waves and waves of zombies being obliterated in seconds.

Orr isn't the only such place either. Any where there are fast respawning DEs, you are likely to find a zerg farming the repeat events at all hours.

Belated thanks for the detailed guide. I still haven't gotten around to trying it, but this time it's due to real life and not an alt at least. :P

I saw some discussion about how the gems for gold exchange rate would be affected by Wintersday. Anyone care to speculate? I saw a few people saying they're sitting on thousands of gems waiting for prices to get higher with the holiday event before cashing them in for gold.

Belated thanks for the detailed guide. I still haven't gotten around to trying it, but this time it's due to real life and not an alt at least. :P

I saw some discussion about how the gems for gold exchange rate would be affected by Wintersday. Anyone care to speculate? I saw a few people saying they're sitting on thousands of gems waiting for prices to get higher with the holiday event before cashing them in for gold.
    That would be correct. I'm doing the same thing. During Halloween, Gem to Gold prices skyrocketed.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    That would be correct. I'm doing the same thing. During Halloween, Gem to Gold prices skyrocketed.
    While true you should account for the fact that gems haven't dropped a lot since. Also they only rose significantly the second day of halloween, after 3days the price went down to the estimated/expected increase.
    The prices being so high now is probably due to ppl like you stockpiling gems which wouldn't be as profitable unles you bought them between nov 3 and nov 12
    source: http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-12-09 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    Will they bring out a trial for this other than the refer a friend thing? None of my friends play so no chance of getting a friend referral and it would be good to play before buying it

if anyone knows the answer, what happens when a bound item (bound to a character) is stored in the bank and then the bound character is deleted? Does it become unbound?

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 02:49 AM ----------

Just tried it. That item is soulbound forever and you can't withdraw it on another toon from your bank if the previous toon was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    So, on GW2.com/media-site there is a Youtube Link which links to a "Guild Wars 2 Wintersday: The Wondrous Workshop of Toymaker Tixx" video on Youtube. Video is currently marked as private only though, but expect some Windersday goodness in the near future!

Found out this while I was looking for some possible GW2 Wallpapers..
    yea... its being released on the 14th which is 5 days.

Deleted
    I played WOW, but i'm thinking about trying something else. Do you think GW2 will be good idea? What Gw2 has, which WOW hasn't?