Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    They are only cutting prices (which is great if you haven't bought a character-slot or bag-space yet), that's not the new content.
    I'm going to be really annoyed if they do that with the cost of character slots. I got 1600 gems for Christmas, specifically waited until after the new year to spend them just in case they had an after Xmas or New Year's sale, and finally spent them all on two character slots yesterday. They've never had character slots on sale before either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm going to be really annoyed if they do that with the cost of character slots. I got 1600 gems for Christmas, specifically waited until after the new year to spend them just in case they had an after Xmas or New Year's sale, and finally spent them all on two character slots yesterday. They've never had character slots on sale before either.
    ouch

/10charr

Yeah, I saw. -_- I plan to petition for a refund.

wow, just........ just wow.

O_O

Ok, so after going to lvl 20, and being BORED out of my mind with the leveling process, I decided to try my luck at another race, I mean, as I mentioned before, this account isn't mine, its from a friend who loaned it to me for a while, and he has already 4 out of 5 slots full, so I could only make one character and it was a human elementalist.

I love the class, the mechanics, the combat, and lots of other stuff, but when it comes to actual leveling? I'm sorry but I?m not seeing it. That german guy can talk all that he wants about context, and how awesome and jolly it is, but for me, it was not, it was terrible, I stuck around after dynamic events to see some plot, some lore, but nope, nothing.

HEY, THERE'S A CHAMPION TROLL, GO KILL IT, and that's it, event over. HEY, BANDITS ARE HITTING THIS FARM, SAVE THE FARMERS, I do so and that's it, no lore or plot, HEY, CENTAURS ARE HITTING SHAEMOOR'S FORT, REPELL THEM, I do so, and NO PLOT. And no, I'm not "rushing it" I actually stuck around for almost 10 min after each event to see some follow up, or ANYTHING at all, but guess what? there's none. The Wiki doesn't lie

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Slay...ion_cave_troll
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prot...s_from_bandits
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defe...mini_attackers

Worse yet, I did all 16 (or was it 17) of the renown hearts of queensdale, and had nowhere near enough exp to continue my class story (the only semi-interesting part of the leveling process, and I say semi because the story is only mildly entertaining, and the voice actress for the human female sounds like a total stiff I mean really, her childhood dream has been to join the circus, and when she gets her chance, she says "i've wanted this for so long" with the emotion of a robot)

This meant I had to do the same events over and over and over and over. Wanna know how that's called? its called grind. Doing the same thing, over and over, if you want to make progress. (some call it insanity, but that's a gross misconception). I killed the enraged champion troll like 10 times, defended shaemoor fort countless times, repelled the bandits attackign the ranchers countless times, and did the other events multiple times, every time I kept thinking: What's the point? they're gonna be back in 3 minutes.

Anyhows, I thought it would be best to try out the other zones, and I tried the charr, they were mildly better, but not much, got to about lvl 15 before I tried the asurans out of curiosity (keeping the mentality that if they werent I'd just go back to charr) and then tried the Silvary. All in all these 3 races were much more interesting than the humans, but they still lacked a certain something.

Then I tried the race I honest-to-god swear believed to be the one with the least potential. The Norn. I though "meh, they're just taller humans, LAME" and never tried them before. Did so yesterday........... HOLY SHIT!!!!

Mind = Blown.

Their intro is the best, their starting zone is the best, their first zone, is AMAZING, their renown hearts are polished WITH PLOT AND CONTEXT, their dynamic events actually have layers and more dept to them than just HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good god, these first 10 levels have been more fun than every other race put together =D
    Last edited by Derah; 2013-01-04 at 05:05 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Yeah, the Norn areas in general are my favorite places in the game (I do like the Charr areas as well). The human areas, while pretty to look at, felt a bit generic to me.

I like the human area since I can rush through it pretty fast. I found sylvari to be the worst together with asura. I like humans due to it reminding me of presearing and yak's bend. Ofcourse if you didn't play prophecies on release you won't have the same memories

Deleted
    The human areas are my favourite without a doubt. Recently I went back to queensdale with my main (human elementalist) just to take a look around again. It's been months since I was there with him. I've been in queensdale quite often before with alts but that isn't quite the same. when roaming around the fields with my main I felt so much nostalgia flush over me as I started to remember the times I was there for the first time, and how much my character had grown since then :')

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I like the human area since I can rush through it pretty fast. I found sylvari to be the worst together with asura. I like humans due to it reminding me of presearing and yak's bend. Ofcourse if you didn't play prophecies on release you won't have the same memories
    The Charr areas give me much more of a prophecies nostalgia than the human areas. Although I do get what you say about Queensdale and Kessex reminding you of presearing.

I guess it's subjective. I have one of every race but human* and in terms of personal story I was the least interested/most bored with Norn (so far). I thought Charr and Asura (if for no other reason than the humor) were the best. As far as actual zone layout/content, the only starting zones I really enjoy playing repeatedly are human and Charr. Norn I don't care for once you get to the snowy parts and Asura/Sylvari vary too much in difficulty. Queensdale is a fairly easy intro zone, but Metrica Province and Caledon Forest will really kick your ass at some points.

* I have seen some of the human personal story via my bf's characters. Comparatively, I find Logan to be extremely dull. He is definitely the worst of the Destiny's Edge group (or at least lacks the most in personality), IMO. Thank goodness Anise is awesome. :P As for the actual story, there were bits of the circus that were kind of cute, but the rest of it was mostly forgettable of what I've seen.

Oh yes I was talking about the zones only,
    For PS I liked char>human>sylvari so far.
    I sort of lvl for speed so I usually just go to the human area lvl untill I'm 35, do personal story and then I go to the Bloodtide coast and finish the last 25lvls through crafting.

All the Norn areas are the best designed in the game. With the exception Mt. Maelstrom and Malchor's Leap. The fastest path of leveling is also through the Norn zones. If I am not mistaken the Norn zones received more passes than other zones. QD>KH>GF being the only other zones with as much polish and design completeness.

This was evident in the first week of launch where the majority of bugged events and incomplete PS steps were situated in zones not mention above. Notably the Charr areas, Orr and intermediary zones such as HH, SFF and BTC. The last three being almost unplayable [literally] at head start.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Yeah, the Norn areas in general are my favorite places in the game (I do like the Charr areas as well). The human areas, while pretty to look at, felt a bit generic to me.
    I like the Norn areas. Charr areas (esp Acsalon) feel too....unorganized. Everything just feels off, and then the fact that half the stuff is styled like New Orgimmar and half the stuff is 'cliche human' doesn't help with the unorganized feeling. IMO, the Charr need to clean up their lands a bit.

I've done Queensdale/Kessex Hills so many times it's boring to me. Problem with the other areas is the Human areas seem x10 more populated than the Norn areas or Charr.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

I can't stand that much snow. Once I finished Wayfarer Hills I took one look at Snowden Drifts and said, "Nuh-uh." I hate snow in real life and I'm not a big fan of it in games either with the exception of a novelty winter zone most seem to have.

Aesthetically, I prefer the Ascalonian zones. They're spacious, they're autumny, and they're full of cats. What's not to like? :P

Orr zones can die in a fire. I finally got map completion for Cursed Shores and I will never, ever go back to those zones if I can help it. There was absolutely nothing enjoyable about them whatsoever.

I think the thing why experiences differ a lot is the nature of dynamic events. You can run through a zone and engage dozen of events while someone else finds none the next day. A few events are still bugged also, so they might not even trigger. My Ranger who explored Queensdale for example couldn't find an event for half an hour. I didn't have such a experience a 2nd time though.

I agree that events shouldn't run on 5min-timers, I guess we will have to wait for a few updates in this sector (which will come, as they mentioned).

“You run around Queensdale, the human starter area, and maybe the Brood Mother shows up every X minutes,” Johanson continues. “We’re going to put another event that can happen there, and then slow down how often the Brood Mother happens. Not only are there new events happening, but everything you’ve seen before starts happening less often. The world gets larger and larger. Three years from now, if someone makes a brand new character in the game, a place that has 100 events in it might have 300 by then.”
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/28/gu...play-together/

This are their goals, which sound pretty cool. I'm ok with having less events now and more as new content comes over time... the game is huge as it is and I can see that it takes a lot of work to make the world feel alive and growing constantly. Personally I'm not bored with what we have now and I'm 80 since a month after release.

the reason why I believe them with this is because they have a live team for exactly this.
    We will have a live team that will produce new content every week but we may not be doing a new build every week. So while we are technically adding new stuff on a weekly basis you guys may not see it right away. We aren't sure yet how often we'll be doing builds once the game goes live.
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...30#entry969335
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-01-05 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I agree that events shouldn't run on 5min-timers, I guess we will have to wait for a few updates in this sector (which will come, as they mentioned).
    I wish events were on 5 minute timers. I think in many cases people's perception of time is clouding the reality of DE frequency. I know of several renown hearts that are actually a real pain to complete unless you happen upon a related DE. Many a time I've sat around waiting 15+ minutes for a so-called "5-minute" event to start. :P

Is there a post-holiday hat again somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    None that I know of, BUT check out the style tab in the auction house window, there is a free mage's hat in honor of the Hobbit movie that came out. Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    "You were saved by Dwayna!" "...but Dwayna's not even my pa--" "Shut up, go help people"

Did Sorrows Furnace Storymode the first time, I had a random pug group and the experience was intense. Had an Ele next to me with 6000hp which died constantly but nontheless no one seemed to have a problem with it and all in all it was pretty fun. I loved the last boss-battle, it was tons of fun. Now I really have to do dungeons more often, maybe I listened too much to whiny-people who describe GW2-boss-battles as lame. Now I have to see it with my own eyes, can't say I see it that way now.

Is that the last boss you throw rocks at?

Seemed to be over in a few seconds, iirc. Thought it was going to be more involved and complex. Looked great though- as is the strong point of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Is that the last boss you throw rocks at?

Seemed to be over in a few seconds, iirc. Thought it was going to be more involved and complex. Looked great though- as is the strong point of the game.
    well we were no pro-group as I said. A few people even had a problem to reach the top platform + staying alive while there... so I lasted quite a few minutes. Story-mode dungeons aren't supposed to be hard, and with that in mind it was a quite challenging encounter. I think I was the only backscaled lv.80 btw.