Deleted
    I am a bit sad now. Some time ago I got my mesmer to level 80. She is my third lvl80 toon and this time I feel that I could actually go after ascended rings and stuff. I haven't cared about these before. I knew ascended items have a bit better stats, but I didn't know that they give stat combos that you can not get with normal items. As WvW sword&sword shatter mesmer I want high crits and toughness is better than vitality.

Ascended Cavalier rings gives:
    - 103 Toughness
    - 68 Power
    - 8% Critical Damage
    and +5 some stat with infusion

Since there is no cavalier's gemstone exotic rings can't give that amount of toughness and critical damage.

Exotic cavalier's karma ring + Exquisite Emerald Jewel
    - 82 Toughness
    - 63 Power
    - 25 Precision
    - 3% Critical Damage

Exotic cavalier's karma ring + Exquisite Beryl Jewel
    - 67 Toughness
    - 73 Power
    - 15 Vitality
    - 6% Critical Damage

Other thing that I learned is that fractal weapons are RNG based. I would love to have this sword for my mesmer.

Narrow two sided blade with nice effects, but it is RNG drop from lvl20+ fractals. ._. If there would even be a token with same drop-rate, so that I could select what weapon I want... then I would be motivated to go after this.

I know I am late with this, most of the people saw this when fractals were released but I have been having fun with leveling professions, etc so I didn't check this stuff with detail. I do not really fancy about going after RNG drops(both rings and skin), I would rather just play for fun than spend my limited playtime on one instance. Most likely I will start doing these with guild when I have time and if rings do not drop I will get them with laurels (at some point in distant future).

Has anet said anything about using agony resistance outside fractals? Will they use it in future or will it be only useful in that one instance?

I'm going to repeat my mantra a bit, do not go for toughness/vit. They aren't needed since mesmers have shit tons of outs already (blurred frenzy, distortion, diversion, blink, invis)

As for the FotM weapons yes they are RNG (and I still haven't gotten one ) but at FotM 50(or 60 can't remember) they are a guaranteed drop.

Heh, I have yet to even do a fractal.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    They're quite entertaining, go for it ;p

You're missing out on something fun! They are even more enjoyable than dungeons imo.

Yeah, I just have a strong aversion to pugs and I have yet to find a guild (I'm pretty picky about guilds) after the mmoc guild sort of vanished about a month after release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    You're missing out on something fun! They are even more enjoyable than dungeons imo.
    ...and I thought Fractals ARE dungeons. Well, did not play any yet, read the Wiki article, still have no isea about it. How long do these Fractals take approximately?
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Apparently about 20 minutes each, depending on the fractal.

decent groups should be able to clear most fractals in about 10-15 minutes (sometimes less when you get the swamp, which can be cleared in like 5minutes), with a full run (accounting daily) taking about 40-50 minutes.

Deleted
    I have done them, but with other toons and not progressed high enough to get bothered with rings. My thief with guild on maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I'm going to repeat my mantra a bit, do not go for toughness/vit. They aren't needed since mesmers have shit tons of outs already (blurred frenzy, distortion, diversion, blink, invis)
    I feel that without some toughness my toon dies too fast on ambush/zerg situations. I also like to run in the frontline.

Without any buffs I have now roughly:
    - 16k HP
    - 2800 attack dmg
    - 1400 toughness
    - 40% crit change
    - 80% crit dmg

I am still testing how much is enough and what would be the best combination. My current build is this. Iam not sure should I swap to this and get a bit more toughness on gear.

I'll respond to you in the mes thread. I'll just quote what you said here and post there
    Fractals is fun if your team isn't retarded. Fire shaman is easy as hell if everyone stays alive but the moment 1-2 are getting downed a lot its pointless

Yeah, I just have a strong aversion to pugs and I have yet to find a guild (I'm pretty picky about guilds) after the mmoc guild sort of vanished about a month after release.
    Join mine! There are at least 40-50 people on most of the time and people doing dungeons constantly :P We are on Aurora Glade though, not sure if that works for you.

Sadly Aurora Glade is a European server (I'm from the US). Thanks for the offer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Join mine! There are at least 40-50 people on most of the time and people doing dungeons constantly :P We are on Aurora Glade though, not sure if that works for you.
    Which guild is that? I am on Aurora Glade and my guild only has about 6 or 7 people on at night. Not enough for a casual low level fractals.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have 3 maybe 4 on time to jump ship seeing as it's just a random guild anyway.

I love guesting. Not only does it allow me to bypass broken event chains on my home server, but whenever I'm up at crazy hours I can play with the oceanids (yes from Greek mythology :P) during their prime time. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Which guild is that? I am on Aurora Glade and my guild only has about 6 or 7 people on at night. Not enough for a casual low level fractals.
    The name is Mystery God Knights (MGK) My ID in-game is Sythus.2396 so if you have any questions just message me It's quite a big guild but we need to do some cleaning up as there are a lot of inactive people

Felt this was a really interesting video:

Yay! They just added something new to the page that is coming in the next patch... Just look for yourself

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...february-2013/

Meh, I disagree about traditional quests but I do agree about the vacant areas.

ooh, tradepost previews, finally

Now maybe they can add some more functionality to the tradepost as well.