Heh, I have yet to even do a fractal.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    They're quite entertaining, go for it ;p

Bloodsail Admiral
    You're missing out on something fun! They are even more enjoyable than dungeons imo.

Yeah, I just have a strong aversion to pugs and I have yet to find a guild (I'm pretty picky about guilds) after the mmoc guild sort of vanished about a month after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    You're missing out on something fun! They are even more enjoyable than dungeons imo.
    ...and I thought Fractals ARE dungeons. Well, did not play any yet, read the Wiki article, still have no isea about it. How long do these Fractals take approximately?
    Sing like no one ist listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Apparently about 20 minutes each, depending on the fractal.

decent groups should be able to clear most fractals in about 10-15 minutes (sometimes less when you get the swamp, which can be cleared in like 5minutes), with a full run (accounting daily) taking about 40-50 minutes.

I have done them, but with other toons and not progressed high enough to get bothered with rings. My thief with guild on maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I'm going to repeat my mantra a bit, do not go for toughness/vit. They aren't needed since mesmers have shit tons of outs already (blurred frenzy, distortion, diversion, blink, invis)
    I feel that without some toughness my toon dies too fast on ambush/zerg situations. I also like to run in the frontline.

Without any buffs I have now roughly:
    - 16k HP
    - 2800 attack dmg
    - 1400 toughness
    - 40% crit change
    - 80% crit dmg

I am still testing how much is enough and what would be the best combination. My current build is this. Iam not sure should I swap to this and get a bit more toughness on gear.

I'll respond to you in the mes thread. I'll just quote what you said here and post there
    Fractals is fun if your team isn't retarded. Fire shaman is easy as hell if everyone stays alive but the moment 1-2 are getting downed a lot its pointless

Yeah, I just have a strong aversion to pugs and I have yet to find a guild (I'm pretty picky about guilds) after the mmoc guild sort of vanished about a month after release.
    Join mine! There are at least 40-50 people on most of the time and people doing dungeons constantly :P We are on Aurora Glade though, not sure if that works for you.

Sadly Aurora Glade is a European server (I'm from the US). Thanks for the offer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Join mine! There are at least 40-50 people on most of the time and people doing dungeons constantly :P We are on Aurora Glade though, not sure if that works for you.
    Which guild is that? I am on Aurora Glade and my guild only has about 6 or 7 people on at night. Not enough for a casual low level fractals.

We have 3 maybe 4 on time to jump ship seeing as it's just a random guild anyway.

I love guesting. Not only does it allow me to bypass broken event chains on my home server, but whenever I'm up at crazy hours I can play with the oceanids (yes from Greek mythology :P) during their prime time. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Which guild is that? I am on Aurora Glade and my guild only has about 6 or 7 people on at night. Not enough for a casual low level fractals.
    The name is Mystery God Knights (MGK) My ID in-game is Sythus.2396 so if you have any questions just message me It's quite a big guild but we need to do some cleaning up as there are a lot of inactive people

Felt this was a really interesting video:

Bloodsail Admiral
    Yay! They just added something new to the page that is coming in the next patch... Just look for yourself

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...february-2013/

Meh, I disagree about traditional quests but I do agree about the vacant areas.

ooh, tradepost previews, finally

Now maybe they can add some more functionality to the tradepost as well.

Meh, I disagree about traditional quests but I do agree about the vacant areas.

ooh, tradepost previews, finally

Now maybe they can add some more functionality to the tradepost as well.
    He's not talking about tradional "MMO" quests of killing 10 rats and such. Not sure if you watched the whole video, but if others drive-by this thread without reading/watching the whole thing they might get that impression.

It's pretty clearly stated WP is talking about traditional RPG quests such as in Ultima, Baldur's Gate and Final Fantasy where local quests are used to add flavor, personality or backdrop to area/subject.

Guild Wars 1 had that all over the place. Little "side quests" that just were there for the sake of adventure and world building. It was both context and narrative to the game world.

Think it wouldn't have hurt GW2 to follow it's predecessor. I often did feel that a lot of the world while pretty, was "hallow". With the only areas that stirred personal curiosity mostly being tied to GW1-- Yak's Bend, the searing caldron, Master Ranger Nente, etc.

Kind of a cheat. Because the game relies on familiarity and nostalgia for those call backs. And there isn't really anything added on for the most part to those areas.

Right, I suppose my fear would be what happened in Rift.

But something along the lines of scavenger hunts and exploration quests would be pretty neat. Stuff that isn't in your face with ! or the globes they currently have in the game. Quests that involve investigation and exploration such as in TSW (but without the quest markers). Heck they already have had similar "quests" such as the Halloween scavenger hunt. That stuff? I'm all for it.