Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    Personally, I prefer dodging the hatchlings that the Veteran karkas spawn upon agro. You can easily get multiple dodges for evading the multitudes of hatchlings that try to detonate themselves on you.
    I prefer to dodge the adult worms in Frostsound Gorge. You can attack 2 and dodge both. Takes a couple of minutes and you are done.

Any wurm that spits is a good one to use for the dodge. Also if you have a thief that uses D/D, gather a group of mobs, preferably melee, and death blossom in the middle of them. I've gotten all of the dodges after three uses of death blossom before.

If you have a thief just hit up a body of water, gather up a bunch of mobs, and spam spear #5. It's the fastest/easiest way I've found to get the dodging daily done and it can be done in Queensdale just as easily as anywhere else.

Heh:

Quote Originally Posted by Colin J.

After reading reports in this thread, we spent more time investigating our rewards system. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, we verified that all loot tables are indeed working correctly in the game. Since then, we continued receiving reports that there seemed to be an issue, so we extended our search to all systems that created opportunities for you to get items from loot tables. Here we found an issue that we were able to verify was consistent across everyone who reported problems:

The rules by which you qualify for credit for an event or for experience when killing a mob are different rules than those used to help determine if you qualify for loot. Some of these were set up to be unintentionally restrictive, and as such you could kill a creature with a lot of health (this was most noticeable on champions) and not qualify for loot, despite qualifying for all other credit.

For the February Flame & Frost: The Gathering Storm release we will be repairing this issue to ensure more players are capable of earning loot credit for kills. This should fix the issue such that you got credit for killing a champion, but received no loot from it. Once fixed, all champion mobs will correctly always drop 1 blue or better loot item, and all veterans will have a chance of dropping loot better than regular mobs as outlined in the November release. Please note, it is still possible to kill a creature and not do enough damage to qualify for loot (which is the only way you won’t get loot for a champion), it is also still possible for veterans to not drop loot at all, since they simply have better odds of dropping loot than normal creatures but no guaranteed drops.

On top of this, we’re also updating some of the loot in various areas of the game for the February release that should make specific areas more rewarding. We’ll cover this is in detail with the February release notes.

Thanks very much for all your feedback and reports, that information has proved incredibly useful!

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...31#post1462940

gotta say i hate the 70-80 zones. often there is no one there, so most way points are contested and you can't seem to solo most of the events either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    gotta say i hate the 70-80 zones. often there is no one there, so most way points are contested and you can't seem to solo most of the events either.
    It used to be worse too. Right now my biggest problem is with all mid level zones, nobody anywhere.

I managed to get all of Orr map completion in a few hours thanks to lucking up on a couple other people who were doing the same. I don't even have words for how much better those zones are post-nerf.

Yeah, I daresay Orr is too easy.

@Fencers:

so we get blues and greens instead of nothing sometimes... yeah I think that the loot system in this game is flawed. It doesn't take backscaling into account, most of the time you play with your lv.80 gear (a rare set in a few days, an exotic set in a few days more) in lower level zones and all you get is irrelevant. Haven't seen a single one exotic drop besides the map-completion rewards and the Southsun Cove 1 time event. Once you have the best loot everything else you get is vendor-trash.

Anet did take risks in many aspects of the game, not in this one. I've asked myself many times: why the hell do I still get loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Yeah, I daresay Orr is too easy.
    I'll admit they nerfed it a lot harder than I expected they would, but I think it better suits the lack of player traffic. Malchor's Leap especially. I never see anyone out there doing anything other than map completion or harvesting. Pre-culling trying to get the objectives in a perpetually contested Temple of Lyssa was a nightmare.

This is awesome.

http://guildwarschef.blogspot.nl/

All food made using GW2 cooking recipes!

hmmmm, are there really people who farm their lodestones themselves? ... the droprate is so damn low... . Legendary Bold, see you in 3 years.

No maarius nobody farms their lodestones.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    No maarius nobody farms their lodestones.
    well most of the people I know play tradingpost and earn money faster than any droprate could achieve... of course someone has to put up all those stones

"someone" = the entire community that doesn't buy their lodestones, people who go for legendaries/special weapons will usually sell everything they have that is of no worth. Say I need 100destroyer lodestones and I have 10destroyer/onyx/vile/molten/charged lodestones. I'll sell every lodestone that isn't destroyer to buy more destroyer lodestones. Since people want different things there are always lodestones available.

Taylorism ftw

Interesting statistical analysis on reddit

a_long_painful_analysis_of_effective_power

Someone in the comments there mentioned that +crit damage should have never been put in as a stat, I'd have to agree with that (along with magic find).

I like crit dmg, it adds more weight to things and makes the formula more complex. The fact that zerker is itemised so well is the issue not that crit dmg scales greatly with crit/power.

Deleted
    i actually got 3-4 dodges for the daily, from the Risen giant dude at the end of Plinx chain in Cursed Shore. he does that charge and i timed a backwards-dodge in the correct direction. Was kinda epic to see!

I'd much prefer if crits were just used to trigger secondary effects rather than increase damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'd much prefer if crits were just used to trigger secondary effects rather than increase damage.
    Why?

What is your exact opposition to critical strike multipliers?