eh I'm bored so I'm making random builds

Theif weakness build:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=...RX6;2KJW7XoHAg

Gear is power precision gear with a mix of healing power till acceptable levels and toughness

Eat rare veggie pizza for +40% condition duration with that plus sigil of weakness plus trait line you should get 90% condition duration which means weakness will work on bosses (it cuts the duration in half on bosses or something)

Offhand pistol for blind when venoms are down also since it's main hand dagger your leap finisher will put you in stealth with black powder. Shortbow is foe aoe - put a poison patch down to inflict weakness then spam cluster bomb for damage and blast finisher will produce more weakness.

It might be better to do d/d because blind making weakness redundant thus gaining cloak and dagger though I'm not sure why cloak and dagger could be better and heartblossom will never be used since you have shortbow.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-03-26 at 02:37 AM.

Is there any way to tell what server you're guesting on? Everything I've thought to try either only shows what servers others (guild/friends) are on or doesn't say anything at all (char/social pane).

So during the interview about dragons in future expansions, Colin mentioned "jungle dragon." Now, it's not Zhaitan, it's not Jormag, it's not Kralkatorrik, it's not Bubbles so either it is Primordus (which i doubt, because Primordus is a flame dragon)..so calling it now, Sylvari are the 6th dragons minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Is there any way to tell what server you're guesting on? Everything I've thought to try either only shows what servers others (guild/friends) are on or doesn't say anything at all (char/social pane).
    I think you can only see it when you are at the character screen. Apart from that I'm not sure if you can tell that you are guesting sadly.

@Exroyal - yeah this theory has been around for a long time now I believe. A lot of people think that Sylvari are minions of this Jungle Dragon. Interesting stuff awaits!

Deleted
    I posted this to videos too, but I would like to hear what people think about it. I am quite hopeful when I see that Anet has loads of untold stuff. I also think that at some point we will start to see stories geting together. I mean, we had karka event and now we have living story... at some point these "loose ends" will get together... hopefully.

WoodenPotatoes talks about sixth elder dragon

There is book in Divinity's Reach called "The Elder Dragons", it tells about four known dragons:
    This book has been well-thumbed. In the introduction, it says, "They are ancient and unfathomable. They embody concepts of nature-fire, ice, crystal, even death-but their very presence threatens to destroy the world. We know not when these Elder Dragons came to be, only when we came to be aware of their awakening.
    • Fire: Primordus (1120 AE)
      Primordus was first to awaken in our time. Its previous awakening is the only one still known to history. Dwarven texts tell of "Great Destroyers," now believed to be a reference to Primordus and his army. Primordus rules over fire. As of this writing, his minions, known as destroyers, plague the wetlands in the southwest of Tyria.
    • Ice: Jormag (1165 AE)
      Jormag and his army arose in the Far Shiverpeaks. Even in sleep, their influence could be felt, as seen in the norn legend of Jora and Svanir. Jormag has the power of ice that creeps and consumes the world around it. Those corrupted by him become icebrood, casting aside their own will to serve their master.
    • Death: Zhaitan (1219 AE)
      Zhaitan's awakening caused the once-lost island nation of Orr to rise from the sea, flooding many coastal lands in the process. More accurately a master of the undeath, Zhaitan has the ability to convert corpses into minions with his very breath.
    • Crystal: Kralkatorrik (1320 AE)
      Kralkatorrik awakened in the charr land and flew south to the Crystal Desert. In his wake, a scar of crystal appeared, creating the Dragonbrand. Those altered by Kralkatorrik are named "Branded" after this landmark. Survivors of the Branding say the conversion occurred instantly, those affected turning powerful and violent.
    Then we have mysterious "deep sea dragon".. and now this new jungle dragon.

Deleted
    If fights with others dragons will be as dissapointing as fight with Zhaitan then I don't care for them. Hope they won't...

Well i made this thread about the Pale tree being the sixth dragon, but now i take that back. I'm guessing the dragon is currently slumbering in Maguuma Wastes and the Husks and Nightmare sylvari are its minions. Will probably not be the last dragon we fight, last one will be either Primordus or Bubbles which will then prepare for next expansion, but then again, same could be said about Kralkatorrik. DSD would open up for Cantha expansion and Kralkatorrik would open up for Elona.

Me personally i would liked Elona expansion first, my first GW game was GW: Nightfall so yea, kinda love that place.

Is there seriously a dragon named Bubbles? :P

I always assumed there was a dragon behind the Nightmare Court, but I never gave it any more thought than that.

15+ Year Old Account

I always assumed there was a dragon behind the Nightmare Court, but I never gave it any more thought than that.
    Bubbles is just his nickname. ArenaNet hasn't said what his actual name is.

Not the nightmare court the sylvari as a whole. Since sylvari and husks are the minions of the jungle dragon it is actually the non-mightmare court sylvari who have strife away from their original path (dragon minions). In a twisted way nightmare court are fulfilling their purpose.

However something happened to the 6th dragon which is why the once lush jungle turned into a wasteland. Perhaps it is slowly dying taking the earth along with it.

I did some testing with the salvage kits. The average Ecto for the masters salvage kit was about 0.7 ectos per rare. On the Black Lion ones it was about 1.9. Often I received 2 or 3 ectos per salvage and if it wasn't for the odd occasion where I received nothing then the average would have been much higher. Almost every time I use the black lion I received the rune back.

By my estimate the returns would be something like this

Cost of black lion: 7.6g
    Cost of 25 rares: 6.5g
    Total Cost: 14.1g
    Income (Ectos+runes): 14.87g
    Profit: 0.77g

You can maybe make a bit more by buying the gems and rares at the right price. I ignored the other mats from the salvaging.

For the masters salvage kit

Cost of 25 rares: 6.5g
    Income (Ectos+runes): 5.35g
    Loss: 1.15g

That ignores the other mats and the cost of the masters salvage kit. I assumed a ecto price of 30s and an average rune price of 2.5s.

I don't think I will be salvaging any more rares with masters salvage kits. Will test again now with a full 25 pack on the black lion kit.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 11:16 PM ----------

Ok results of second test.

Salavaging 25 rares (27s each) with black lion salvage kit (total cost - 14.35g):

30 Ectos - Price 30s each
    21 Runes - Average price 4.7s each
    5 Hardened Leather Sections - 0.20s each
    5 Silk Scraps - 0.07s each
    1 Gossamer Scrap - 1.41s each
    17 Thick Leather Sections - 0.07s each
    20 Mithril Ore - 0.53s each

Total Sales (without TP cut) - 10.13g

IMHO, it's not worth salvaging the rares at all. There is a lot of RNG involved. In this case, it was a 4g loss. Would only have been profitable at 10s per rare. Last time around I made just under 1g profit. The masters are not worth it either from my tests so far. Not really in the mood to waste 7g on rares to test. Maybe someone else has the time. If the ectos go up in price then it becomes more worthwhile. Going to start selling my rares again. I got 65 odd ectos out of the test so at least I have a few in the bank if I need them.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 11:21 PM ----------

If anyone is interested I did a test with jewelry boxes using my Karma. I started with about 415k karma. Only bought jewelry boxes and use the Karma found in the boxes immediately. I had 2 karma boosters (+50% and +5%). I got about 18g worth of the different lodestones types which I put on the TP. Will lose a bit from the TP cut. I also got 42 obsidian shards and 2g in junk which I sole immediately. Lastly I got 3 Risen Priest of Balthazar minis. I opened about 160 boxes in total.

My numbers sort of jive with yours. I had 90 BL salvaging charges and since the Feb 26th patch, I got 210 ectos from rares and that was in the first week and a half. I used master salvaging kits since then and have gotten another 120. Thinking of just selling rares from now on. I'm going to see what the ecto value goes to after the single guaranteed rare condition with this patch.

I get 3 ectos every other time I salvage a rare with a BLK. So about 1.5 every time. I've never tried using a master kit so I don't have any data to compare it to.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Thinking of just selling rares from now on.
    I've been selling all my rares. Every time I think I've been making a mistake not salvaging them I read about someone who hasn't gotten any ectos in the past ~7 or so salvages and I think, yeah, that would be me. I never have any luck with RNG and I'm not a gambler, so I'd sooner take the guaranteed sales profit. I figure it probably evens itself out in the end anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    I posted this to videos too, but I would like to hear what people think about it. I am quite hopeful when I see that Anet has loads of untold stuff. I also think that at some point we will start to see stories geting together. I mean, we had karka event and now we have living story... at some point these "loose ends" will get together... hopefully.

WoodenPotatoes talks about sixth elder dragon
    [video=youtu.be;Ab_yqVVDM0k]http://youtu.be/Ab_yqVVDM0k[video]
    There is book in Divinity's Reach called "The Elder Dragons", it tells about four known dragons:

Then we have mysterious "deep sea dragon".. and now this new jungle dragon.
    Thats was a really nice video. Liked the one where he was talking about the connections between sylvari and the elderdragons aswell

I was looking at all of the legendaries yesterday and the most interesting look for me is the Trident. It's a shame that you can only see it underwater. Kind of a waste to make a legendary if you can't really show it off.

They need to make a solely underwater zone.

Eh, I don't know about that. Much like downed state, some classes have much better underwater skills than others. Hell, I have some alts that have no useable elite skill underwater whatsoever.

I do wish making the underwater legendaries didn't take as much as a normal one though. Yeah, the precursors are cheaper, but I think everything else is the same. Not really worth it for something used so relatively rarely.

I can just imagine how good an underwater zone would look like with ArenaNet's artists though. I'd very much like to see it, as long as there are no risen there.

My brain is just stuck on Vashj'ir.