Ah, I haven't read the books so I thought they had only hinted at Glint. Even without glint PWJ+Kral should be worthy foes/allies

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Snip
    I see a lot of logic in your post, limiting expansions to 5 zones only seems to small for me. I mean we're talking about GW. They released Nightfall 6 months after Faction and both of them were huge expansions. I expect the same from GW2. EotN wasn't that big because Anet was planning on making another expansion called Guild Wars Utopia which would feature aztec landscapes and stuff like that, but then they decided they wanted to do GW2 so they just made EotN to give the players something to do while they made GW2. Like, it wouldn't be balanced at all if they released an expansion with 5 zones just for Jormag, then they released an expansion featuring whole of Elona.

We only have 5zones now as well. I don't mean one zone as in Fire heart rise=1 zone, what I mean with a zone is Ascalon (which then has multiple maps in it being, Plains of Ashford, Diessa Plateau, Fields of Ruins, Blazeridge Steppes, Iron Marches and Fireheart Rise).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zone Might be more clear on what I mean.

So, last day of the sale is revive orbs. Apparently advertising "upgrades" was just a ruse to get people to arbitrarily buy gems at the beginning of the month.

Oh well. I guess I'll just be sitting on my gems awhile. I refuse to buy anything at retail price with all the "Surprise!" sales they have. Getting burned once by that was more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    We only have 5zones now as well. I don't mean one zone as in Fire heart rise=1 zone, what I mean with a zone is Ascalon (which then has multiple maps in it being, Plains of Ashford, Diessa Plateau, Fields of Ruins, Blazeridge Steppes, Iron Marches and Fireheart Rise).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zone Might be more clear on what I mean.
    Ah now i see, but i still feel they wouldn't be enough, but then again we're talking about expansions so it naturally they should expand on the current one which would mean that current Maguuma would get expanded with the addition of Maguuma Wastes. The Shiverpeaks would get expanded with Far Shiverpeaks and etc. Hmmm, guess we'll just have to see, but i agree with you that they won't add an expansion this year, MAYBE in December but i doubt it.

It depends, Exroyal. In GW1 they were able to, by the end, make NF in only 6 months. They mentioned that part of the reason GW2 took 5 years was because they spent a large part of that creating tools to create content; if that's true, and assuming a dedicated team for expansions, they could probably start an expansion now and release it before Halloween.

It all depends on whether a new expansion would just contain new content or whether there'd be new systems that would need to be created alongside that content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

i think they have the tools to make the expansion and get it released in 6months, I simply think it doesn't make sense for them to do it since a lot of the "promised" stuff still isn't in and they are expected too.

You could say "but do it with the new expansion" but this greatly limits one of the best points of GW, you can pick it up anytime you want. If you also need to buy the expac for certain fixes ppl will rage.

Wonder what gameplay systems they could potentially include in an expansion(s). Also I think their staff is likely too small and their pipeline too poor to push out any content rapidly. Anet are pretty crummy developers all in all.

I feel like there might be a level cap increase at some point. Which is way antithetical to GW as a series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wonder what gameplay systems they could potentially include in an expansion(s). Also I think their staff is likely too small and their pipeline too poor to push out any content rapidly. Anet are pretty crummy developers all in all.

I feel like there might be a level cap increase at some point. Which is way antithetical to GW as a series.

300 employees seems pretty robust to me. Remember they are being led by a Game God.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_O'...ame_developer)
    Valar morghulis

I've met O'Brien IRL.

He is no god.

But I am god, that's why he isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    300 employees seems pretty robust to me. Remember they are being led by a Game God.
    If only two of them are on the class balancing team, it begs the question what the non-existent 298 other employees are doing. Assuming you don't count the part-time forum moderators, and then account for ticket support, and how they had three people working non-stop on a culling issue...

Yeah no, this is no studio of 300 devs unless 2/3 of them are nothing more than artists (that can't design decent looking headpieces, footwear, or a dress in their life).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

well armor appearance is purely subjective

Well, they said they wanted to focus on building on the current world for the next 6 months in December. That'll bring us to June, but knowing ANet they'll come up with something so don't expect them to stop working on the current world until July/August. Then we'll maybe see a new zone added or something along the lines of that, but then what? New zone after new zone or the announcement of a new expansion?

I don't lend much credence to staff sizes or game profits. The only MMO I've played that reliably put out new content was Rift. It's all just a bunch of numbers that don't particularly mean anything.

well I'm not sure if 300 employes is a large number or not. For a comparison, Blizzard has 4700 employees (of course that includes more than just WoW). When WoW first came out in 2004 there were a bit more than 500 just working on that game. So ArenaNet's staff is significantly smaller than the one working on WoW for example.

What does everyone here think of the Super Box?

I haven't played yet today. I'll take a look after the basketball game is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    What does everyone here think of the Super Box?
    Looks like a jumping puzzle. Zero interest.

Tabbed back to TSM vs. GGU.

I think its BS that I need "continue coins" from somewhere else.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 01:15 AM ----------

I think its BS that I need "continue coins" from somewhere else.
    If this is the giant "Jumping Puzzle" they said they would be bringing in and if there was enough interest they'd bring the other tiers I have to mock their design model/thinking pattern: "so erm we're making this big JP but we'll release the retard version first and if retard mode had enough followers we'll implement the rest. Good plan, now lets put in some silly coin system to put people off it to begin with. Thats a great plan, let's implement all of that."