I realized this is the first event you had to do every achievement for in order to get the rewards. I think that's what threw me off about it. I know I didn't have to do everything for Mad King's or Wintersday. I'd put off Secret Contact and Molten Facility in particular because I really didn't want to do either one and didn't think I was ultimately going to have to either.

The mad king was the last time I did any dungeon content. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and find an active guild so I can experience the whole game.

I'm just so damn picky on guilds though that I end up just playing solo most games.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm just so damn picky on guilds though that I end up just playing solo most games.
    Same. Most of my guild experiences haven't been pleasant, mostly due to personality differences. Admittedly, I have a sense of humor that you either find hilarious, but is more often than not met with dead silence. :P Very uncomfortable. At that point guilds just turn into a more condensed LFG since I'm not really making friends. I hate that "alone in a crowd" feeling so I usually end up /gquitting.

I had an amazing guild during WotLK, but that was after about 5 years of kissing frogs, so to speak. I actually wouldn't have met any of them if the LFG tool had existed at that time. This was back in the day when people added players to their friends list to look up for groups later.

The past few times I've tried guild shopping since WoW have been colossal failures. I'm very up front about the type of person I am and what group of people I'm looking to surround myself with, but most guilds are only interested in padding their numbers and want to recruit regardless of whether or not it'll actually be a good fit.

The higher level dungeons have more interesting mechanics to them imo. Except waves and CoF 1 and 2.

TA, AC, CM? No... just no...

Jellyfish fractal? Hell fucking no.

I have never been more bored in a game ever and it's because of that stupid boss. Who is just an HP soak.

Deleted
    I`m happier just pottering about on my own. Probably because used to get nagged for arena/dungeon etc boosts in warcraft, constantly /shudder.

In warcraft I was in a few quiet guilds to start with, but got a random whisper/invite when I was in middle of something. Staved off my usual silence/rant & ended up joining. Was with them for a couple of years & even moved servers with them. Still in contact with the gm & other fellow officers.
    Even though I left in the end, it was only because I`d gone purely pvp & ended up joining a guild I`d gotten to know the players in there. Well, that & my gm of old guild got banned lol

In Guild Wars I didn`t bother with a guild until around a year after starting & even then it was a quiet one. Still play Guild Wars minus a guild, same in Aion.
    In gw2, not even bothered joining any despite plenty of invites, all from fellow WvWers, even made guild just for spare storage (& to stop from being nagged ;p )

I rushed the whole Living Story yesterday because for some reason I thought I'd get the ticket for a weapon skin in the end... Was pretty disappointed when I got a fug pair of gloves. :/

That's what I get for not reading up on stuff properly.

Tbh making the weapon skin tokens a rare drop from black lion chests was pretty dumb... I mean, I don't mind having to grind/"work" for a cool skin but I mean come onnnn.

I don't like it either, nevermore, but that seems to be the pattern they are using.

Deleted
    Shame they don`t do it ala Guild Wars, like when you got to the end of the story, you would receive a token to exchange for your weapon & could still get them afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Shame they don`t do it ala Guild Wars, like when you got to the end of the story, you would receive a token to exchange for your weapon & could still get them afterwards.
    What? You get your choice of Pact weapon at the end of your personal story in GW2. They're pretty nice too with the animations and glowing blue balls of energy.

"Each weapon costs 1 Pact Victory Token, awarded at the end of a character's personal story."

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_weapons
    Valar morghulis

They don't look too bad. A shame about the last part of the personal story though but that seems to be the pattern for ArenaNet here.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    What? You get your choice of Pact weapon at the end of your personal story in GW2. They're pretty nice too with the animations and glowing blue balls of energy.

"Each weapon costs 1 Pact Victory Token, awarded at the end of a character's personal story."

People are talking about the oppressor weapons I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post

True, but that is just for the main "story", which oddly Arah story was my first dungeon in gw2 & ye gads, that sucked sphericals big time
    That combined with I`d already got my exotics & had no use for a rare (which surely it should`ve also been an exotic..?)

But the new story parts they keep adding, it is just random/rare chance or BLChest skins/tokens, which I think is wrong.
    So everyone who does this & doesn`t get extremely lucky, will miss out for good as they`ll obviously not be seen again once the temp` dungeons etc are gone.

Guys, what is your take on Cantha maybe never coming back?

Personally, i feel the reason from NCSoft is so bad and illogical, i don't even know. I very much would like Cantha back, not before Elona of course, but as a second expansion. That place is still where my OP Ritualist originated from.

I've always despised cantha and ritualists so I can't care less.

Cantha is probably never coming back. GW2 aims to be far more mass market than GW1. Concessions had to be made.

I would love a return of Paragon. However, I think we won't ever see stuff from Guild Wars 1 whole in the sequel.

Ouch. Sold some ore, mats and globs yesterday so that I would have enough to buy 6 more picks. I bought the other two before but decided that I would take the plunge and get one for all of my other non existent professions. I already had 2 from before. Goodbye to 200g but I thought what the hell, I won't ever be able to get them again. I hate it when stuff is on sale for a limited time.

Knowing my luck they will release a new profession with the next expansion.

I've been gone for a while (due to other games/getting a tad bored) and yesterday came back to play some GW2 again.
    I'm a lvl 36 (? dont even remember properly) Sylvari Mesmer (I can do the second game-mode of that ascalonion ghost dungeon).
    My question is: Did they add a new dungeon? I got an ingame message that put a new door on the map. What is it and how/what lvl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Heh. That dungeon is gone. it was called Molten Forge and it was a temp dungeon for the Flame & Frost event.

Well, there's also fractals, which probably weren't in game when he quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Goodbye to 200g but I thought what the hell, I won't ever be able to get them again. I hate it when stuff is on sale for a limited time.
    As popular and I assume profitable as those picks were I'd be surprised if we didn't see them again, just with a different skin & effect.