Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Why do you assume I have no idea about soccer?

How so?
    4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 3-5-2

pressure, cover, balance

possession, penetration, combination play, off the ball runs, diamond midfield, wingbacks, flat 4 or stopper/sweeper, short corners, direct play, overloading a side or switch the play or both, do you pressure full field or retreat in your own half, how many options are ideal with the person on the ball, do you play into space or to foot, do you have your outside backs overlap your wings to create space, do you play an early ball to the back post for that runner?, do you play through the middle or use the flanks, if you suspect a long back from the back do you pressure or drop back

just a few tactical decisions and formations in soccer, I can name more if you wish

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    snip
    And I know all that, why do you assume I have no idea about soccer?
    Formations can be translated to team builds in GW2. There are quite a few more "formations" in GW2 than soccer (which makes it more complex and that works the other way around, makes soccer simpler).

Most options in soccer(any real sport actually) are binary "playing in the foot vs in the field", "go through the sides or through mid",... Which are very easy to understand and respond to. Compare that to chess where you have infinite amounts of possibilities.

Now let's (for giggles) that chess is the most complex "sport" out there and let's compare soccer, GW2 and SC2 to how similar they are to chess (and thus how complex they are). It's probably quite obvious that SC2 is most like chess, then GW2 and lastly soccer. Meaning that in comparision to sports soccer (and as said earlier most real sports) are rather simple.

The number of starting positions in soccer are finite, in chess they're infinite...

right so flippant comments on how the only tactics in soccer are diving for penalties and playing bunker after you score is just you trying to be funny eh?

I didn't think anyone would get so butthurt for a simple comment regarding a sport that really isn't the pinnacle of tactical decision making...

I didn't think anyone would get so butthurt for a simple comment regarding a sport that really isn't the pinnacle of tactical decision making...
    don't make stupid comments then

Excuse me..what is this "soccer" you Americans speak off?

don't make stupid comments then
    Same to you.

Same to you.
    see you make flippant comments like that and then it's hard to take you serious on any topic that you actually know something about

see you make flippant comments like that and then it's hard to take you serious on any topic that you actually know something about
    "You shouldn't make comments you know nothing about" is a statement I agree on, but when you say that make sure you actually know significantly more than the person you're addressing. That isn't the case so that's why I advise you to not make stupid comments like that.

Its like Messi telling Ronaldo off. Which you probably agree on is quite silly...

P.S.:You seem to be having a very bad day and are taking everything very poorly. Maybe your bloodsugar is low so I advise you to eat something, preferably something with sugar like cookies.

ahh being patronizing now as well

P.S.:You seem to be having a very bad day and are taking everything very poorly. Maybe your bloodsugar is low so I advise you to eat something, preferably something with sugar like cookies.
    "Trevor, have you eaten today? You sound a little grumpy."

lolCommercials

ahh being patronizing now as well
    I wasn't being patronizing at all, you're simply taking everything as an insult even though I'm not trying to insult you.

@bovinity, I have no clue what you're talking about. I'm genuinely trying to help doozer...

I wasn't being patronizing at all, you're simply taking everything as an insult even though I'm not trying to insult you.

@bovinity, I have no clue what you're talking about. I'm genuinely trying to help doozer...
    I would probably rely more on posting intelligently like normal instead of trying to be funny (I assume that was an attempt to be funny) and certainly avoid demeaning a sport people are passionate about in such an childish way, definitely your worst post you've done, just take it as a learning experience. I certainly wont bother discussing football, you clearly have no clue. LEave the stupid posts to people like me.

The depth of soccer is also quite minimal and the only real "tactics" are falling for penalties and putting your entire team on defense after you've scored...
    Just posted this on my football forum, lets just say the response were incredulity/laughter at just how bad it is.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-07-01 at 05:46 PM.
    On one hand I feel bad that Jennifer Lawrence's privacy was invaded but on the other hand...well that hand is busy.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Just posted this on my football forum, lets just say the response were incredulity/laughter at just how bad it is.
    If I really wanted to belittle a sport's complexity I'd make a remark about the average IQ of pro-soccer players(and any other "real" sport). I didn't do this for a very simple reason, I don't mean to insult people.

The reason I talk about diving and the italian defense is because one clearly shows the tactical mind of the player and the other shows the tactical form of a team. I could've made a lengthy post talking about positioning and what not but not everyone is into soccer so explaining it all is rather hard in comparison to a simplification. Another example would've been running in at the right time to put another player off-side but then you have to explain off-side to people who have 0 knowledge of soccer.

IMO the main reason people responded poorly is because I use the term "soccer" instead of the common (European) name of "football". To clarify: I do this so that our American readers know I'm not talking about American Football.

If I post that pong is a simple game in the pong forums I'm pretty sure the response will be laughter too...

bad alternative at the end, really bad. Amway shits getting derailed, ill leave it as a it is. in response to shout casting I rarely enjoy or have any interest in what most commentators say, it's all a bit ott to me.
    On one hand I feel bad that Jennifer Lawrence's privacy was invaded but on the other hand...well that hand is busy.

i like how when i post off topic on a thread i get infracted or warned but everyone else gets away with it..

Yeah no. Stop anytime now, thanks.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Something you achievement chasers have been waiting for...
    "
    Account Achievement Reward System

Put your account achievement points to good use! From now on, you’ll be able to unlock rewards like exclusive new armor skins, weapon skins, and permanent account bonuses as you earn achievement points on your account. You’ll also earn laurels, gems, gold, powerful items, and PvP and WvW rewards as your achievement score grows. These rewards will be retroactively awarded for any tiers of account achievement rewards you’ve already earned on your account."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga.../july-09-2013/

It's on sale at the moment at www.greenmangaming.com. Picked it up for 27 euro's

Cheers!
    My recently created science blog about ants: AntyScience

hey guys i need help, i am looking for a client mirror for a friend who lost their GW2 info, there is no CS over the weekend, but he want to get the game patched beforehand so that he can just jump right in. appreciate it.
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)