Is there anything useful I can do with the duplicate PvP armor I'm getting from achievement chests?

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there anything useful I can buy with badges of honor x.X Kind of wish achievements chests would stop giving me pvp stuff ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Is there anything useful I can do with the duplicate PvP armor I'm getting from achievement chests?
    Use PvP Salvage Kit: "Double-click to salvage materials from a PvP reward item in your inventory. These materials can be combined in the Mystic Forge. " http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Salvage_Kit
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Is there anything useful I can buy with badges of honor x.X Kind of wish achievements chests would stop giving me pvp stuff ><
    Buy exotic / ascended gear from WvW map vendors (alts instantly geared). http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Badge_of_Honor
    - Laurel merchant sells ascended amulets and rings requiring 10 fewer but with the additional cost of 250 .
    - armor from the Armor Master

Slot Rarity Price Badges of Honor
    Head Exotic 88 150
    Shoulders Exotic 94 165
    Chest Exotic 1 200
    Gloves Exotic 80 120
    Legs Exotic 96 185
    Feet Exotic 86 130
    Complete set 5 44 945

Armor is available with following stats: Invader (Soldier), Knight, Carrion, Cleric, Berserker and Rabid.
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2013-07-19 at 09:25 AM.

Not a single one of the PVP chests has given me any item useable to a Guardian, Ranger, Engineer or Warrior. Which are the only classes I play.

Well, I am half lying-

I did get the PVP Heavy Coat armor. Which is exactly the same armor as the default armor Wars and Guards get upon entering PVP and sold by the PVP armor vendor for 0 moneys.

I just can't help but roll my eyes over how sloppy Anet are when it comes to almost every system in their games.

Deleted
    Thanks for the suggestions though I'm not sure I really expressed myself correctly. I am participating in a wide variety of content I just wondered which events I was likely to stumble across people.

Also with regard to the bleed cap, I want to be doing the best I can regardless of whether I'll get a gold just auto attacking. I must admit that it's something that bugs me; I was excited at the prospect of being rewarded based on contribution but not keen on there only being three tiers, top tier so easily obtained and that it only rewards XP / Karma / Silver.

Deleted
    If you salvage, you can make dyes once got the mat`s. Only way you can make monies in battlegrounds, or use & collect.

1 Consumable Token + 1 Arcane Orb + 10 Arcane Powder + 1 Arcane Sliver = Unidentified Dye

To make more slivers:
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcane_Sliver

P.S. (courtesy of Chronicles of Tyria)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps382db5af.jpg
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-07-19 at 03:05 PM. Reason: no memes or image macros.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiera28 View Post
    I am participating in a wide variety of content I just wondered which events I was likely to stumble across people.
    Most likely you will find loads of people on "boss events", there is web page tracking these through game API.
    Dragons:
    - Claw of Jormag
    - The Shatterer
    - Tequatl the Sunless
    Starter area meta events:
    - The Frozen Maw
    - Shadow Behemoth
    - Great Jungle Wurm
    - Fire Elemental
    Orr temples:
    - Temple of Balthazar
    - Temple of Dwayna
    - Temple of Grenth
    - Temple of Lyssa
    - Temple of Melandru
    Other big events:
    - Modniir Ulgoth
    - Dredge Commissar
    - Eye of Zhaitan
    - Fire Shaman
    - Foulbear Chieftain
    - Gates of Arah
    - Golem Mark II
    - Karka Queen
    - Megadestroyer
    - Taidha Covington

You can see all of those event statuses from here (click your server for more info):
    EU: http://us.gw2stuff.com/en/events/eu
    NA: http://us.gw2stuff.com/en/events/us

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    With the removal of mf from items/gear, they said that they would compensate players for gear with it. The question then becomes, how.
    Thoughts?
    my guess: they use the same system they use for Legendaries... for a one-time choice of turning that MF-gear into any other stat-combo gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Use PvP Salvage Kit: "Double-click to salvage materials from a PvP reward item in your inventory. These materials can be combined in the Mystic Forge. " http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Salvage_Kit
    It looks like you can only buy them with glory and I have none.

It looks like you can only buy them with glory and I have none.
    Do a little bit of random SPVP. I haven't done much yet I have 2970 glory.

Just delete your pvp gear that's double. I've started deleting "reward" chests since there's nothing to be gained anyway.
    PvP salvaging also sucks donkey dick and since you get 6items per chest that means 18clicks for salvaging. I had 125 victory chests which would take me 2250clicks just to get rid of it and another 250 clicks for opening the god damn chests.

I really don't get why a-net's so keen on destroying mousebuttons (thirstslayer/salvaging/)...

10+ Year Old Account
    or you could just ignore the above user and just salvage the gear and make dyes and other gear you don't have yet. move your inventory position so your mouse does not need to move as much when you have to select "yes" to salvaging. yes, not having a toggle for salvaging make salvaging masterwork items + a pain, but to actually destroy stuff out of protest or laziness is just silly.

(haha @ complaining about opening a mere 125 chest)
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Just delete your pvp gear that's double. I've started deleting "reward" chests since there's nothing to be gained anyway.
    PvP salvaging also sucks donkey dick and since you get 6items per chest that means 18clicks for salvaging. I had 125 victory chests which would take me 2250clicks just to get rid of it and another 250 clicks for opening the god damn chests.

I really don't get why a-net's so keen on destroying mousebuttons (thirstslayer/salvaging/)...
    Don't you need PVP salvaging kits for that stuff too? I was told this was so but never even bothered to look out of disinterest.

These reward chest are probably the most lackluster reward system I know of... I got the default PVP heavy armor coat twice lol.

I don't open the individual chests either. I just throw them all out. What-effin-ever.

Yes you need pvp salvage kits for those.

@odeeze

Open all 125 chests and then start salvaging (knowing you've opened loads before and have all skins already so everything you get needs to be salvaged) and time how long it takes from start to finish...

It's simply not worth it since you can just use glory to buy the parts you need and then craft w/e you want...

+ who cares about skins anyway? I'm r36 and still running around in my basic gear, it doesn't change anything so why bother?
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-07-21 at 01:10 PM.

Deleted
    Anyone know if there's a way of reducing the pre-cast time? On my Thief I find myself sometimes double tapping Death Blossom to evade an attack only to find that I use it twice and land back in the same attack!

Deleted
    I have to agree, this game is RSI inducing.
    They should`ve made Enter & Escape sensitive popups.

Colin Johanson interview, a good read through (nothing about pvp though)

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/coli...ons-and-chairs

Wow, so the WvW maps don't even automatically rotate, they're fixed based on how your server placed? Ugh. Mine was second place last week and second place this week, so the same damn map. And we never, ever seem to own the green map Garrison, which is the last thing I need for 100% map completion.

Deleted
    So what server are all the MMO-C'ers on nowadays? I've just come back to playing and I'm going to start fresh somewhere but don't want to play alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there is a specific mmo server/guild. Im pretty sure there was an attempt once but not sure what happened.