Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Did Anet decide against giving out 200 gems to players who logged in yesterday?
    Didn`t occur on my account, did you get some achievement points chest? Those can give gems.

It was data-mined a while ago that everyone who logged on Aug. 28th would receive 200 gems, but I guess they decided not to do it. :\

Edit: Ugh, I knew I should have invested in dyes when I was worried about gold devaluing. They're up 10s/ea. over what I could have bought them for at the time. -_-
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-08-29 at 12:59 PM.

It was data-mined a while ago that everyone who logged on Aug. 28th would receive 200 gems, but I guess they decided not to do it. :\

Edit: Ugh, I knew I should have invested in dyes when I was worried about gold devaluing. They're up 10s/ea. over what I could have bought them for at the time. -_-
    Thx for reminding me I need to buy some from the laurel vendor :P

I still think gems are probably the best item to hold value. I can't see the price ever dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I still think gems are probably the best item to hold value. I can't see the price ever dropping.
    They will never drop. If they keep adding things to the store the price will never drop.

I keep gems just because I'm not buying anything with my gold :/

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    There's a lot of speculation right now that gold->gems is about to drop. Most people are going to have already converted whatever gold they wanted to gems for the sales and with 500 crafting coming up more people are going to be trading gems->gold to level it. At least those are the theories.

There's a lot of speculation right now that gold->gems is about to drop. Most people are going to have already converted whatever gold they wanted to gems for the sales and with 500 crafting coming up more people are going to be trading gems->gold to level it. At least those are the theories.
    The mats to level to 500 seem to be time gated, it shouldn't effect the market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo, big announcement re WvW at PAX
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ry-Bash-Panel/

plus

Devon's tease on the livestream the other day (at 28:00)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXC3f...p_VsM0UfrL-DxA

I'm thinking some kinda GvG on a WvW map.
    Valar morghulis

I'm thinking they are finally finished with new WvW maps or something. I don't think GvG is coming back.

Is it too much to hope for a better matchmaking system? :P

Is it too much to hope for a better matchmaking system? :P
    Try not sucking and be consistent on winning and losing.

I don't know how the matchmaking system works exactly, other than it seems like you can lose week after week and still gain tiers. O_o Honestly, we should be in T3 or T4, but we keep getting matched with T2 servers who grossly outnumber us. We get slaughtered, yet our matchups don't change. It's just another T2 server (or servers) the next week. I really don't understand why we're not matched against equivalent servers. It makes no sense to me.

I know they say points don't matter, but when 4 weeks in a row you're being beat by 100k-200k points? Why are we in this tier again? >_<

I think it's imbalanced if you lack the manpower to hold your own borderlands most of the time let alone anything else. :P

Edit: Judging by the matchup threads the winning servers are bored too. Our "zergs" look like havoc teams to them. >_<
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-08-29 at 09:49 PM.

Deleted
    The so called matchmaking was bad before, but it isn`t any better now either.

Just look at this:

http://mos.millenium.org/eu

Just look at the bottom lot to show how bad it can get.
    & this is a good week, I`ve seen the scores split by a much higher amount.

As it is, I`m on Underworld & we`re 18th placed against 11th & 12th.
    It is regularly ten of us v 30+ of them & golems & they still call out the SR shite to boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I think the real problem is that WvW just isn't engaging enough on a gameplay level, and really just comes down to timezone coverage above all other factors, so people are just never really happy with it.
    23 million doylaks beg to differ with you ;-)
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Gee, I'm shocked. How are you not getting paid? =O
    Aw, you hurt my feelings. So much so that I went into WvW and kicked some JQQ arse to work it out.
    Valar morghulis

I remember a shot time ago they said they would be announcing something big at PAX, and now they come with something fro WvW, is it going to be the same announcement or 2 big announcements?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statu...76441574633472

Today's #GW2 Developer Livestream will feature Linsey Murdock giving an Ascended Crafting preview at Noon PDT on http://ow.ly/oq6Ij ~RB2

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/
    Valar morghulis

Haven't had too much opinion on the new gears. I don't want to judge before I see how it all works. But I am somewhat curious what sort of design direction new gears and crafting tiers imply within the context of the game's philosophy.

Somewhat interesting, potentially.

Deleted
    Bleurgh.
    Yet more time gated crap & some of it is also bound.

Guess anet`ll never listen.