Anyone know when Clockwork Chaos ends? Have a few more achievements to get for the meta and was wondering how long I had.

tuesday, not sure exact time, but if you want stuff I'd make sure it was done before going to bed Monday.

Anyone know when those zodiac skins are supposed to go up in ticket cost? Is that going to be Tues?

I love that Ascended weapons work time gated. This way people will see that they don't have to amass tons of materials in a few days but actually can take their time and craft the weapon piece by piece. Those who have the money will still create in a slow pace which brings people more on the same level and non-gold hoarders won't feel a disadvantage much. Sure, now all those who grind hours a day will whine, because their chosen playstyle is for naught... but I don't care about those guys honestly. Anet made clear that GW2 shouldn't feel like a daily grind, so they introduced bonus xp for moving on and diminishing returns for farming the hell out of a good farming spot, to disencourage people to play like that. Well some still do, but they won't feel rewarded for it, which is totally ok for me.

It sounds harsh, but I see it that way because people complain that Anet lied about their grind philosophy. They say: Anet said there would be no grind in GW2. Well, how should they hinder people in killing mobs over and over? When there is loot, there is potential for grind. But Anet can disencourage people to do so, to make Legendaries (as example) long term goals. I work towards a Legendary. I DON'T grind. I play the game nearly everyday and accumulate the mats automatically. Some day I will get mine, and I will then say: I didn't grind.

Ascended weapon cater to that playstlye. You can not get them too fast, so you have the freedom to take your time and work towards this goal slowly. You don't have to play 8 hours a day, it's totally fine to play a bit a day and get it in the same rate. LOVE this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I love that Ascended weapons work time gated. Anet made clear that GW2 shouldn't feel like a daily grind
    Are contradictory statements.
    It sounds harsh, but I see it that way because people complain that Anet lied about their grind philosophy.
    You think it's great that a-net is completely ignoring their promises? You think that the people who expected them to hold their promises are whining "just because"?
    Well, how should they hinder people in killing mobs over and over? When there is loot, there is potential for grind.
    Grinding is simply repeating repetitive actions to attain a goal. That action was "Log in kill X log out" now it's "log in DAILY gather X log out" it's still a grind. You're confusing "grinding" with "farming".
    Ascended weapon cater to that playstlye. You can not get them too fast, so you have the freedom to take your time and work towards this goal slowly. You don't have to play 8 hours a day, it's totally fine to play a bit a day and get it in the same rate. LOVE this.
    You do not have the freedom to do anything. The only difference is that people who play in 10h on one day in 2weeks are punished for being just as dedicated to the game as someone who plays 1h on 10days in 2weeks.
    Those who have the money will still create in a slow pace which brings people more on the same level and non-gold hoarders won't feel a disadvantage much.
    BS, they'll just get a legendary weapon... What this does is the exact opposite.

Everything you said was wrong, not a single shred of it was close to right. Sure you explained their reasoning but sadly it's very easy to point out a-net's errors and incompetence.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-09-02 at 05:09 AM.

Did I misunderstand or is not the time gating tied to a daily achievement of some kind?

Which would make it a daily grind- like literally.

Not sure if I got all the details right because I don't care about crafting at all.

I fail to see how doing a jumping puzzle today and capturing a tower the next... is grinding. If you don't enjoy doing anything in this game, then go to another one. Doing different stuff every day isn't grinding.

@Fencers: just because you do something every day you log on this activity is grind for you? Seriously? Why does these daylies "happen" to me without grind and when you do it, it suddenly turns to repetitive grind? How can you NOT get the daily automatically by plaing GW2 in any way? (except you define playing as standing around in town and chatting all the time).
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-09-02 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Did I misunderstand or is not the time gating tied to a daily achievement of some kind?
    You missed nothing, people simply eat anything that gets presented and then shit it out everywhere without bothering to properly digest it. It's sadly a worldwide issue which is created thanks to evolution.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-09-02 at 05:42 AM.

Hold on now. I am admittedly confused.

So performing a daily task, um... daily, is not part of the means in crafting an ascended weapon?

I am asking in genuine ignorance on the crafting specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Anet
    There are two types of Tier 7 material: those refined from lower tier materials plus ectoplasm and a new reagent, and those refined from brand new materials rewarded from specific content plus Obsidian Shards and the new reagent. You’ll also note the inclusion of a cooldown timer on the Ectoplasm Refinements. Each one can be refined only once per day, per account.
    You need those t7 mats to craft Ascended weapons.

Why don't nested links works?

@Fencers: just because you do something every day you log on this activity is grind for you? Seriously? Why does these daylies "happen" to me without grind and when you do it, it suddenly turns to repetitive grind?
    As I've already said, you're confusing "grinding" with "farming". All farming = grinding but not all grinding = farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Grinding is a term used in video gaming to describe the process of engaging in repetitive tasks during video games.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-09-02 at 05:49 AM.

Deleted
    I think the arsended weapons is yet another fine mess Stanley.

It is good that those with leg ends get stats boosted, but imagine a thief with D/D or D/P leg ends, roughly 11% boost per weapon against someone still running 1/2 exotics.
    Whilst it`s not quite pay2win that gw2 forumers are saying, it clearly is an advantage.

Now combine that with it`ll take two weeks to make one weapon, assuming you get rng lucky with getting the required mats & don`t take a day off. Then you also have to wait another two weeks to make your second weapon just to have a full set.
    Also, how many of you need more then one weapon constantly? Everyone if using properly.

Side note, someone on gw2 forums made a list of all the stuff you need to make the weapons. It is an incredibly huge list of shit you need & worse, you need nearly as many mats to make a one handed weapon as you do to make a two handed one. That is terribad straight out.

I main a D/D ele (staff is a joke) so on reset nights, I either solo roam & scout or I`m forced to log an alt (necro usually) to do better on/below walls. Now this alt will have sub par weapons until months after my main is geared. Now imagine having to grind mats that are time gated for six bits of gear, for every character.

Bad, really really bad!

Personally, I mainly WvW, never do dungeons & rarely farm champions, so I`m also skint.
    I`m screwed over the lack of mats to even get all my crafting upto 500 to even start with (which is worse, most crafting is on my main, costs to swap every time now)..

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2749916

10+ Year Old Account
    why do people always want to blow stuff out of proportion? you guys don't realize that time gating stuff actually gives EVERYONE time to craft this stuff so they can not feel rushed to stay at the "bleeding edge". it also gives everyone enough time to gather other mats and money to facilitate the process, which leads to there being a far lesser disparity between people. it also gives people a goal they can work on everyday so they log in; how many people crafted/bought their legendary then did not know what to do with themselves afterwards? i dunno why people all of a sudden want insta-ascended items yet EVERY other ascended item that has been released has been time-gated.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    1. why do people always want to blow stuff out of proportion?

2. you guys don't realize that time gating stuff actually gives EVERYONE time to craft this stuff so they can not feel rushed to stay at the "bleeding edge".
    3. it also gives everyone enough time to gather other mats and money to facilitate the process, which leads to there being a far lesser disparity between people.
    4. it also gives people a goal they can work on everyday so they log in; how many people crafted/bought their legendary then did not know what to do with themselves afterwards?
    5.i dunno why people all of a sudden want insta-ascended items yet EVERY other ascended item that has been released has been time-gated.
    1. Why do people always want to down play stuff like it's insignificant?

2. Already countered before

3. Already countered before

4. Already countered before

5. Not true, back and rings weren't time-gated. They introduced a time-gated way of getting them afterwards.

why do people always want to blow stuff out of proportion? you guys don't realize that time gating stuff actually gives EVERYONE time to craft this stuff so they can not feel rushed to stay at the "bleeding edge". it also gives everyone enough time to gather other mats and money to facilitate the process, which leads to there being a far lesser disparity between people. it also gives people a goal they can work on everyday so they log in; how many people crafted/bought their legendary then did not know what to do with themselves afterwards? i dunno why people all of a sudden want insta-ascended items yet EVERY other ascended item that has been released has been time-gated.
    exactly what I'm thinking... nothing more to add

exactly what I'm thinking... nothing more to add
    Ofcourse, since he's spewing out the exact same wrong info you spewed out.

Jeeez people what's with all the agressive "no u r retard lol" type of conversation on this sub-forum lately?
    I don't like this trend the tiniest bit.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Jeeez people what's with all the agressive "no u r retard lol" type of conversation on this sub-forum lately?
    I don't like this trend the tiniest bit.
    For me it's a couple of things.

1. people don't digest nor reflect upon given information
    2. people reproduce already known information
    3. people do not engage in a discussion, instead they simply do points 1 and 2 and create a circle-jerk

Lately this has been happening a lot more and thus animosity/annoyance rises.

In short: If you act like a retard/robot/zombie/... I will assume you are one of those and treat you accordingly. I don't care about making friends, I care about getting (and providing) correct information.

The reason I reacted the way I did on this little topic discussion is because
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Got debunked here
    Yet got reproduced here
    And then reaffirmed again
    So instead of reaffirming my own points I simply pointed out that both posts 3 and 4 add nothing to the conversation, they also don't disprove post 2. The only thing they do is create a circle jerk with a "nono you're wrong" sort of attitude without anything to back it up.

As I've already said, you're confusing "grinding" with "farming". All farming = grinding but not all grinding = farming.
    All games will have grind. It's not physically possible to create unlimited content and the moment content is repeated it becomes grind. One can exclude PVP to a certain extent but even there there is an element of grind.

I have no problems with the new ascended weapons with one exception, I believe they should be tradable. I agree with the time gating. I think it could be done in a much better way like 7 per week instead of 1 per day but I still agree that it's necessary. There is a big flaw with the gold economy at the moment and that is because nothing has any value. People just grind the game into oblivion and because of the single trading post, everything ends up being worthless. Time gating things has an effect of increasing their value. Only x can be created every week. That's a good thing. It makes things valuable, provided you can trade them and that's my problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    stuff
    you debunked nothing man, quit acting like you are a dev and the fact that you are referring to grind as just a repeatable task is crazy yet in MMOs it specifically entails a repeatable task that is NOT enjoyable just to get something you want at the end.
    Last edited by Odeezee; 2013-09-02 at 02:57 PM.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

1. you debunked nothing man, quit acting like you are a dev and
    2. the fact that you are referring to grind as just a repeatable task is crazy yet in MMOs it specifically entails a repeatable task that is NOT enjoyable just to get something you want at the end.
    1. Then reply to my points and explain how I didn't debunk anything. You're still just screaming "nononononononono" without backing anything up, atleast I backed my things up.
    2. Both wikipedia and urban dictionary contradict your claim. I haven't found anything supporting it yet and I find it hilarious that I'm required to debunk my own proof, that's your job since you disagree.

Now you can do a couple of things.
    1. say "Yea my bad, I was wrong the entire time and didn't mean any disrespect"
    2. cower in fear and never reply again
    3. react to my post and lay out why I'm wrong
    4. keep repeating the same stuff that has been said already and write that off as new statements that clearly debunk what I said.