Deleted
    As a general tip for people who dislike the abundance of updates, I can only give you this :
    -does the new update reward an item you like/need/must have?
    -no?----> ignore it! you're not missing much in achievement points either.
    -yes?---->complete it, it's usually fast.

Deleted
    I would actually say that whilst each update might not in itself be a lot of achievement points (some actually were a decent amount, though), if you kept ignoring going for them then you'd be missing out on the chance to get those awards that come with reaching the chests.

It's like a trail of small pieces of candy - once you get the next piece, you've pretty much forgotten about the one before.

It's not the continual updates that I'm knocking - it's the time-scale at which it's done. I think an update every four weeks would allow people not to feel like there's a rush on completing things and also, once they have done the meta stuff, to return to the rest of the world.

Deleted
    Yea I agree with you Triage. To be honest, these 2 week non-permanent updates seem kind of lackluster. It would make way more sense to create larger patches with a longer time frame inbetween of, let's say, 3-4 weeks.
    For example, the Tower of Darknerss or whatever it's called does not even bring something new outside the achievement points a hunter would be interested into. I wish they added some new content with interesting skins that weren't bound to the gem-shop in one way or another, like the claim-ticket weapon skins which only drop from BLC.
    I know the gem shop is the primary way of making money for Anet, but concentrating 90% of the new skins into it brings more harm than good.

/just my 2 cents

As someone who has an abundance of time to play, I don't find the two-week cycle to be difficult if I care about the achieve goodies. I'm not hugely pressured to chase every achieve I can get, just make a steady progress forward on dailies and whatever I happen to pick up as a result of that and my other activities. And for me, it feels like Tower of Nightmares is a larger patch, it's just coming out in phases. Phase one was the reveal and the build-up; phase two, starting Tuesday the 12th, is the heart of the matter. Combine that with the fact you still had Halloween going on in the background and I'd say they gave you plenty of options besides the general game content.

As for the skins thing, it's not something that really bothers me. They wanna make money and they offer players a way to do it by buying gems directly from them, or from other players in search of gold for their money to use on other stuff not in the gem store. IMO everyone wins with that model. You don't wanna spend real money, earn gold and do it. Don't wanna earn gold, spend real money to do it. You like cool thing number 531 that was added to the Gem Store? Buy it with your real money via gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    I wish they added some new content with interesting skins that weren't bound to the gem-shop in one way or another, like the claim-ticket weapon skins which only drop from BLC.
    I know the gem shop is the primary way of making money for Anet, but concentrating 90% of the new skins into it brings more harm than good.
    I was just thinking about this the other day. It's really lame that the actual cool new stuff (like weapon skins) are always tied to gems.
    It would actually make sense to, lets say, after completing the current living story meta we'd get 1 guaranteed weapon skin. Could always get more from gems/BLTC anyway, but 1 guaranteed skin per account would be nice. :/

I feel like they should make the skins hard to obtain skill-wise instead of god damn RNG all the time. RNG just turns it into "grind out the gold" which is simply boring.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Deleted
    Lot of folk predicted it would be an RNG mess re:skins prior to release.

Anet hired someone (Crystin Cox) that was/is well known for "messing" with games, from Nexon (Nexon also bought shares of NCSoft/anet), someone that was given the blame big time from another game (Maplestory, Atlantica etc) for putting things in the game/stores which players raged over.

One of many many rants to be found.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Meleagar...xon-Investment

Alas, despite lot of folk asking for a change when it was found out she`d been taken on, anet decided money beats happier customers.

I think they could`ve stuck to Guild Wars version, have an NPC for any skins you looted (make some harder in game etc) or some special skins via the gem store. All character bound so the farmers/grinders are happy or sellable via tp etc.
    They could`ve still made money as the skins would be per character & players`d still need tranny stones/crystals to use on their gear.

Also, town clothes.....
    Such a complete waste of real money & pixel money.

Well, that tends to be a rule of MMO's: one person's waste of time/dev resources is another's reason for playing. Keep a wide net and you catch more fish. Of course, some argue if it goes too wide then shit starts slipping through, but that's a hard point to nail down.

Deleted
    I shouldn't ask it but are there any non-fixed glitches allowing you to go outside of some zone etc?

Deleted
    Wanted to share what I'm working on right now ^^ I might consider selling them, and I have no idea if anyone is willing to pay for it XD I mean, since I put hours into those, they won't be very cheap either.
    Would be nice if that's an option, because my Sunrise is still pretty far away since all I need is the precursor and T6 mats, but I'm absolutely broke. And I can't play as much as I can draw.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by mmocd7e9667945; 2013-11-11 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    She's flat and that makes her look silly. Draw breast and it'll be much better

Deleted
    Ehm, no. First of all it's a chibi. Second, since when are small breasts silly? I prefer those.

looks pretty good

Deleted
    I'll give it a try once I finish this one, then. *Crosses fingers*

15+ Year Old Account
    She looks cute! WTB your skills T_T I can't draw on the computer (or in real life) for the life of me. Will you post the final product? If not, please do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    Wanted to share what I'm working on right now ^^ I might consider selling them, and I have no idea if anyone is willing to pay for it XD I mean, since I put hours into those, they won't be very cheap either.
    Would be nice if that's an option, because my Sunrise is still pretty far away since all I need is the precursor and T6 mats, but I'm absolutely broke. And I can't play as much as I can draw.

What do you guys think?

[IMG]
    You could always try here if you haven't already: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/community/fangen

Deleted
    Ehm, no. First of all it's a chibi. Second, since when are small breasts silly? I prefer those.
    There's nothing wrong with small breast. But she doesn't have them at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    There's nothing wrong with small breast. But she doesn't have them at all.
    1. Why does it even matter? 2. She does, it just isn't emphasized. If you looked at her chest piece, the curved lines indicate (show? Idk can't think of good word usage here) they are there.

What do you guys think?
    It looks really cute. I love it.