In PvE the only class I actually like to play is ranger since not being allowed to dodge is fun and you can do a lot for the team.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

It's cause whats his name mains warriors

Though I never touch my mesmer anymore in PvE. The whole purpose of this class is 100% negated in PvE (interrupts and deception). I mean the new recent traits don't have any value in PvE except for maybe Bountiful disillusionment but it's not that great.

I guess I'll try ranger but I hate pets.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    but I hate pets.
    amen

10char
    "it's being bound to work or study that allows us to live like people." Illya

I think everyone hates pets. They don't scale with you, they hardly listen (it's a lot better now though) and if your team doesn't stack it's useless.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

It's cause whats his name mains warriors

Though I never touch my mesmer anymore in PvE. The whole purpose of this class is 100% negated in PvE (interrupts and deception). I mean the new recent traits don't have any value in PvE except for maybe Bountiful disillusionment but it's not that great.

Mesmers were marginal in GW1 PVE too. Anet even made an April fools joke out of the Mesmer's unwanted presence in pve groups.

Fundamentally, Mesmers are made for PvP. The class does not "work" fully in any other context. GW1 PvP was centered around the titanic struggle between a Mesmer and Monk. All other classes were effectively enabled by the Mesmer/ Monk dichotomy.

It was pretty glorious. I really enjoyed GW1 PvP, GW2 not one bit.

Though I do like my GW2 Mesmer in PVE. He's a Charr in a pinstripe purple suit. Very dapper. I play it as melee. Lots of fun.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-06-10 at 04:43 AM. Reason: originally typed on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Meh, staff ele is also incredibly strong and comes down to pushing 2. Guardian is just a spam skills fest and then run away while you have 15 blocks and an immunity.

I still agree that for a melee toon it's the class with the lowest skill step in point though, but that still doesn't stop people from playing the prof absolutely terribly.
    I feel staff Ele requires more skill on my part than War does, especially considering WvW play. You're still a low health pool with low base armor.

War just doesn't have many trade-offs for its advantages. Until they put in all those condy cleanse traits, condies were a general counter to Wars. Now they can shed condies like crazy, so I am not sure what I really have to worry about when I play War.

Imo all wvw fights are pretty meaningless. I have a thief that uses healing gear in wvw for shitz and giggles. I just can't take that game mode seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Mesmers were marginal in GW1 PVE too.
    Really? I still remember 6x http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Energy_Surge +2 monks teams.

And http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Panic heroes! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Visions_of_regret was pretty good for heroes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Really? I still remember 6x http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Energy_Surge +2 monks teams.

And http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Panic heroes! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Visions_of_regret was pretty good for heroes too.
    Really.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedb...0100401#Mesmer

Sympathetic Visage: changed functionality to: "While you have this skill equipped, pick-up groups must let you join."

But so cute!

I think everyone hates pets. They don't scale with you, they hardly listen (it's a lot better now though) and if your team doesn't stack it's useless.
    Is it really a lot better now? I have been playing my necro a lot more lately but it still feels like there is a 5 second delay between when I tell my pet to roar and when he actually does it. Though I will say doing the Queen's gauntlet on my Ranger is much easier than my Necro, though that might just be because my Ranger has MUCH better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post

Is it really a lot better now? I have been playing my necro a lot more lately but it still feels like there is a 5 second delay between when I tell my pet to roar and when he actually does it. Though I will say doing the Queen's gauntlet on my Ranger is much easier than my Necro, though that might just be because my Ranger has MUCH better gear.
    Necro's minions are worse than a rangers pets by far. Only thing I use them for when I play my necro is to blow them up.

Don't play my Ranger as much anymore but I feel the pets are pretty terrible for any serious content. They just die too fast and are a chore to control for the relative so-so benefits provided. Ranger pets don't do enough damage or provide boons/conditions with enough regularity to make me take a Ranger to a Fractal or World Boss over a Warrior, Thief, Elementalist, etc.

The AI has improved somewhat since launch (where Ranger pets were uncontrollable) and the tanking pets are nearly game breaking in solo PVE. For anything else, I usually feel like its a waste of my and my party's time bringing my Ranger to a session.

I would really like the class design in GW2 to be not as is currently- which is my biggest dismay in the transition of GW1 -> GW2.

Though I am pretty picky about class based play systems in that I dislike singularity of purpose a lot. So most MMORPGs do not satisfy me in this regard. GW2's classes are perhaps unfairly treated in my view because the first Guild Wars was so open in it's class system. Where as I sorta resent having to drag a pet with me as a Ranger in GW2.

Also I just really want to play a War/Para or Para/Monk again.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-06-10 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Necro's minions are worse than a rangers pets by far. Only thing I use them for when I play my necro is to blow them up.
    Really? I mostly just ignore my minions on my Necro they don't require anything of me and I rarely seem to need to sacrifice them. I even use the Asura Golem for an extra one. Whereas on my Ranger I have to actively manage them for their on use abilities and to make sure I swap them before they die consistently. I do like having that much control over my pets (would be awful if I didn't).

I actually don't have a whole lot of issues with my rangers pets. Biggest gripe would be their lack of response sometimes as I am pretty active with my pets skills and movement.

Responsiveness has gone up a lot, I remember having to spam the f2 and my pet would just not use it. Now 90% of the time the pet uses it's skill, the problem is that many skills just take really long to cast (especially shouts) and have an insane after-cast on top of that (birds/carrions/spiders/...).
    The shout thing is a bit weird since all other shouts are instant.

DPS-wise the cats do pretty good dps at 3-4k (ranger does 9k on it's own) but as Fencers said it's just not handy to keep pets alive unless you're in certain conditions (PvP/Dungeons where ppl know how to stack).

That said there still are some issues with pathing and the return command (running around in big arcs or zigzagging). I hate that the pet's standard distance from you is quite far from your toon and seemingly random.

I hate that the pet's standard distance from you is quite far from your toon and seemingly random.
    Can't see the images, but that right there is a major annoyance. At some point I tried to figure out how the distance was determined but I gave-up ><

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Though I do like my GW2 Mesmer in PVE. He's a Charr in a pinstripe purple suit. Very dapper. I play it as melee. Lots of fun.
    I saw a charr in the zodiac armor, was quite neat with his clones and such.

Yeah, ranger pets >>>> necro minions. Ranger pets attack target rather quickly and stay on target. Minions seem to forget what their job is half of the time.

Deleted
    I always knew our big guy in the air was the Shatterer.

But something caught my eye.
    A claw. And then a tail. Are we looking at Kralkatorrik here?

[bodyparts]
    [full body]

I never noticed ._.

I did see the tail before, but never gave it any attention.

EDIT: Extra creepy, I suddenly stumbled on this picture hahaha [x] Kotaki drew this in april 2009. Kind of interesting. But it's either possible he never intended to draw the dragon, OR he was already working for Anet but they wanted the Shatterer in it instead. This picture is called 'stormlord', tho...
    Last edited by mmocd7e9667945; 2014-06-11 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    You have a good eye, Silver.

Stormlord fits Kralk quite well: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kralkatorrik (concept arts included there)

"When Kralkatorrik flew, a terrible storm of black clouds and lightning was formed around its body." & "It is often referred to as both a hurricane and sandstorm. It has the ability to create and even become the latter."

However Kralk is supposed to be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE. So I expect him to be way bigger than Shat.