Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    I noticed some changes regarding Transmutation: I seem to "unlock" certain pieces by equiping them and sometimes by salvaging them, but the latter not always
    I believe many items share the same appearance, but are only listed as one item in your wardrobe space. Once you've unlocked that specific appearance you cannot unlock it again regardless of your method. Everything I've ever broken down that I didn't have was appropriately unlocked. I just started playing about 5 days ago after a few months break, so I may be totally wrong.
    BAD WOLF

I noticed some changes regarding Transmutation: I seem to "unlock" certain pieces by equiping them and sometimes by salvaging them, but the latter not always ?
    You now unlock skins account wide so you can continue to reuse the skin how many times you like (as long as you have transmutation charges)

I noticed that the trainers now offer Traits ? Are those traits that I can only obtain there or can I still get them the "oldfashioned" way ?
    You now unlock traits via objectives in the world (like killing a certain boss) or by buying them. This is for newly created characters though not old ones.

I also ran into some "toxic" guys while leveling, are those part of the Living Story ? They seem to hang out in groups, around a big toxic plant that basically works like a catapult and there are a bunch of veterans and elites haning aroung. There also was an event where you needed to blow one of them up with bombs.
    Yes a new foe has appeared during S1 the toxic alliance, if you go into kessix hills you will see the changes to the world.

I also noticed that there seem to be much less elites running around, have those been "toned down" to just be veterans ?
    It goes veterans - elites - champions. Elites being the "boss" of an event with only a handful of players being around or champion for a large group.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

Curious, how is the elementalist now? haven't played them since last year sometime. They were a pain to level and I always died.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Curious, how is the elementalist now? haven't played them since last year sometime. They were a pain to level and I always died.
    I think it is in a good place. Don't quote me though I haven't played one in awhile. From last I understood Staff countered conditions, d/d was very mobile and scepter has high burst.

My best geared character is an staff elementalist, she wrecks stuff.

So I'd say that they are in a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I believe many items share the same appearance, but are only listed as one item in your wardrobe space. Once you've unlocked that specific appearance you cannot unlock it again regardless of your method. Everything I've ever broken down that I didn't have was appropriately unlocked. I just started playing about 5 days ago after a few months break, so I may be totally wrong.
    Soulbinding and salvaging unlock the transmutes. I know there was a bug with one skin not unlocking at one time that was fixed, not sure about any others. All items now say what skin they are, and if the skin name is greyed out, you haven't unlocked it.

Also, you can unlock all the profession-specific skins(like the Necromancer and Elementalist headpieces)by rolling a new alt that chooses those skins for their origin story then tossing them. They don't count for the Fashion Collector title, but they're nice to have(I enjoy having my Charr Ranger sport the Thief Intimidation Headband, for instance, and my Sylvari Mesmer with the Air Element headpiece).

And if you haven't gone to Heart of the Mists since they added the Wardrobe, be sure and do so, in case you had some skins in your old PvP Locker to enable still.

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    I also noticed that there seem to be much less elites running around, have those been "toned down" to just be veterans ?
    They nerfed a few of the Champs to Vets in the lower level zones.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They nerfed a few of the Champs to Vets in the lower level zones.
    Ah yes, meant Champions, of course, it's been a while.

So was getting pretty sick of SPvP and decided to do one more just to hit rank 39 and got a milestone PvP chest.

I open it up and it gives me The legend.

IT GAVE ME A MOTHER FUCKING PRECURSOR

I am happy