Was killing Taidha the other day and it just hit me again for the 100th time just how stupid this looks.
    Gotta love all these effects combined with a human-size boss, mmmmhm.
    Somewhere through that white fog of death lies the carefully designed gear that I'm supposed to appreciate. Zooming out further would totally ruin it.

Deleted
    I am pretty sure the part of Craftsmans Tools and a Fresh Start could be something about the precursor scavenger hunt.

I wonder how they will do the precursors. And most of all... without an angry mob.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    I am pretty sure the part of Craftsmans Tools and a Fresh Start could be something about the precursor scavenger hunt.

I wonder how they will do the precursors. And most of all... without an angry mob.
    I am not going to get my hopes up on that

I guess one way of implementing it would be if they kept the legendarys that we have now as they are, and added new skins to the ones that we will be able to get from the scavenger hunt.

Unless it takes a year to craft, nobody will be happy.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Unless it takes a year to craft, nobody will be happy.
    I wouldn't mind if it takes long when I can see the progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Was killing Taidha the other day and it just hit me again for the 100th time just how stupid this looks.
    Gotta love all these effects combined with a human-size boss, mmmmhm.
    Somewhere through that white fog of death lies the carefully designed gear that I'm supposed to appreciate. Zooming out further would totally ruin it.
    Most of that crap you can turn off yourself by adjusting the settings. I know there's some that think turn everything up cuz moar is better!!! but the truth is if you turn up all the effects you will SEE all the effects. You can eliminate most of that by adjusting these settings.

1. Post processing - Turn it off. Seriously, why do you want to add more effects to that scene?
    2. Shaders - Set shaders no higher than Medium. Higher shader settings only enhances lighting effects.
    3. Shadows - Play around with the Shadow settings, they can enhance the difference in light effects.

Here is the difference I get between having those 3 items turned down or turned up.

And on Sweet FX.... Unless you have found the 1% of presets that actually tone down effects rather than enhance them I would turn that crap off. It's great for screenshots but it's cancer for combat.
    Valar morghulis

Craftsman's tools will be the backpacks from China. Fresh Start will be the new early level tutorial stuff they've been talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Craftsman's tools will be the backpacks from China. Fresh Start will be the new early level tutorial stuff they've been talking about.
    speculation, I guess. I hope it's more than this, I'm surprisingly disappointed by that feature patch so far... and don't tell me "I told you so"

So the next CDI is about Guilds! MEH

Hi All,
    We will starting a CDI soon on…….Guilds.
    It will be broken down into time boxed discussion sections such as Guild vs. Guild, Guild Activities, Managing Guilds, Guild Content etc.
    I will update when I have more details on when we start. I am very much looking forward to it.
    Chris
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...21#post4340746

Meh 2 main things people want is GvG and guild halls. So pretty lame discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    main things people want is GvG and guild halls. So pretty lame discussion.
    I don't think so, maybe a few loud hardcore GvGer from GW1 want GvG, most of the people are annoyed about GvG from my experience.

"... most of the people are annoyed about GvG from my experience. "
    Can you expand on this? The only times I see people complain about GvG is when WvW guilds butcher the term to name their skrims.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I imagine most that PVP'd in GW1 would like to have GvG. It was a major, major component of the PVP game modes open to you in GW1. And extremely popular.

I think either the ultra casual "FA/JQ scum" or "new" Guild Wars players (those for whom GW2 is their preferred game in the franchise) that would be at best mildly interested in GvG. Anyone else serious about PVP in the GW franchise I think would be interested in the continuation of true GvG PVP game modes.

Like those people that didn't understand what a Mesmer was in GW1 but were excited somehow to play a Mesmer in the gameplay modes of GW2. The enthusiasm was ill gained and likely foolish.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-08-28 at 03:52 AM.

I think more people would be interested in Guild Halls than GvG, a place to have goods and services for your Guild and to meet and gather privately in.

PvPers were really interested in GvG. However, that boat has passed. It's not something they should be discussing now. It's something that should be released by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    speculation, I guess. I hope it's more than this, I'm surprisingly disappointed by that feature patch so far...
    Yeah me too, the changes are nice but they should just have called it a Quality of Life Pack.

Oh well at least I have my cake gun to comfort me xD

Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    Yeah me too, the changes are nice but they should just have called it a Quality of Life Pack.

Oh well at least I have my cake gun to comfort me xD
    Well, it IS a feature pack, but they could have been more forthright in the announcements. "We're going to have take a break from the living world for a month, in the middle there will be a small feature pack with some nice additions to the game!"

The word Galore should never have been used...

Kind of a noob question from me, but I never really put any thought into this until now...

So I see champions / bosses with these two buffs

Unshakable
    Gains defiance when targeted by crowd-control skills. Blind is 10% as effective. Weakness and vulnerability last 50% less time.
    Defiance
    Immune to crowd control. Crowd-control skills remove stacks of defiance
    So using a crowd-control skill gives the boss defiance, but at the same time removes defiance? I'm confused.

*edit*

Ok nvm it's explained properly on the wiki site.
    Still the wording is kinda... meh.
    Last edited by nevermore; 2014-08-28 at 03:24 PM.

it builds up from 0, so every cc ability used will build up defiance up to a certain amount (scales, depends on how many people are around) and then the cc skills remove a stack of defiance each use until 0, then it builds up again

at least that is how I understand it. It's a shitty system and one that is a short cut by the devs due to not enough development time or they couldn't think of anything else or whatever. It is one the of main reasons why berserker builds are the most effective in pve

Anet recently stated they also hate defiance and have been experimenting with fights where bosses are immune in general except for certain periods of time where they do a "big attack" in which you can interrupt them.

Personally that's an even worse solution, they really need to learn how to fucking design bosses instead of using retarded things like defiance.