Deleted
    I also hope they leave keyfarming intact. Even tho it's boring as fuck and I try to avoid it, it's nice to have the option.

Just noticed this on Dulfy: http://dulfy.net/2014/08/28/gw2-silv...w-in-gemstore/

Wow. Talk about dumb. Less gems than the copper one, but waaaaay more expensive to use than the normal kits. I feel sorry for people who get gypped on this.

Yeah the Mystic Salvage Kit kind of renders the silver salvage-o-matic pointless.

I should point out that which I already showed in the landscape thread: The box of chocolate is great for hiding yourself for screenshots. Though some of the tonics that farce first-person view may still be better.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Just noticed this on Dulfy: http://dulfy.net/2014/08/28/gw2-silv...w-in-gemstore/

Wow. Talk about dumb. Less gems than the copper one, but waaaaay more expensive to use than the normal kits. I feel sorry for people who get gypped on this.
    WoW and I thought the copper salvage was a rip off, this is beyond stupid for them.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Wowza. That salvage kit is a real rip off. 1 silver per use? Get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wowza. That salvage kit is a real rip off. 1 silver per use? Get out.
    indeed

I'm not sure who is in charge for making some of these cash shop items but they really want to rip off their customers, the last few times they have come up with some whoppers of items

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    WoW and I thought the copper salvage was a rip off, this is beyond stupid for them.
    and yet there are enough people who have enough money and buy it because it's a good convenience item; you'll never have to craft mystic forge kits again... ever.

Have you seen your posts lately, your negativity is quite... sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    indeed

I'm not sure who is in charge for making some of these cash shop items but they really want to rip off their customers, the last few times they have come up with some whoppers of items
    Arena.net contracted some of the developers of the publisher I used at for consultation on virtual store pricing, incentives and itemization.

We did not run a "cheap" cash shop. Only Gpotato and PWI were more expensive than our pricing model.

You don't know exploitative MTX until you know Rappelz.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-08-29 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    and yet there are enough people who have enough money and buy it because it's a good convenience item; you'll never have to craft mystic forge kits again... ever.

Have you seen your posts lately, your negativity is quite... sigh.
    Convenience at the price of your intellect. 500 gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Arena.net contracted some of the developers of the publisher I used at for consultation on virtual store pricing, incentives and itemization.

We did not run a "cheap" cash shop. Only Gpotato and PWI were most expensive than us.
    well I mean the bundle item that was offered in the last cash shop update was more expensive as a bundle than if you bought all of the individual items. Isn't it supposed to be the opposite?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well I mean the bundle item that was offered in the last cash shop update was more expensive as a bundle than if you bought all of the individual items. Isn't it supposed to be the opposite?
    Hey, not having to purchase 6 items separately is a huge convenience and needs to cost more because of it.

You are paying not to waste time pressing buttons. Huge convenience.

The copper-fed salvage-o-matic is a nice convenience item as it's cheaper to use than buying basic salvage kits, which are all I use unless I'm going after a rune/sigil, then I use a BLSK. I just keep one in my bank and take it out on whatever char I'm gonna play at a given time to use.

10+ Year Old Account

Death and Taxes is hosting their 2nd Dungeon Speed Clear Tournament!

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ear-Open/first
    Valar morghulis

They are getting it in before they nerf Ele greatsword stacking hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They are getting it in before they nerf Ele greatsword stacking hehe
    Nope. FGS nerf is coming Sept. 9th with the Feature Pack, the Tournament is Sept. 27 + 28th
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    I think all bosses / champs should be immune to all CC in general. Works in other MMOs, don't see why it wouldn't work here.

Interrupting is kinda meh in GW2 since we don't have enemy cast bars or even proper wind-up animations, would take a lot of development to solve this.

The risen giants in Orr are quite well done I think; they are big enough so you can see their animations, and their attacks all have proper wind-ups that you can react to.
    I think it's a bit dull in MMOs to have an entire class of monsters not susceptible to CC, even more so in a game where you can't avoid having CC on your action bars. I wouldn't say their CC design is perfect, but it's much better than immunity. Cast bars and field of effect timers would be nice though.

Actually tootsie in dry top has a cast bar, think the first boss to have one

Design approach I'd like is thus:

Boss Normal - Boss does normal damage. Does increased damage after taking a CC. Stacks three times.
    Boss Powered Up - Boss does powerful attacks. Takes increased damage when taking a CC
    Boss Rage - After three stacks of interrupts, gains rage and cannot be interrupted. Can cross over into Power Up phase.

Basically, you can CC but there's a punishment mechanic, and there's parts where you really want to CC.

Someone on reddit mentioned that PvP is a good way to gain transmute charges. I think I'll go test it out soon.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rney-reference

So the molten facility final boss was inspired by dark souls.... I'm glad Anet didn't make dark souls or else it would of sucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Well mesmers nerfed again.

/sigh

PU will grant swiftness and might (wtf 1 stack of might? for 3 seconds?) and debiliating dissiation is being mega nerfed. Can be blocked, dodged and blinded and it's now 2 stacks of bleed for 4 seconds down from 3 stacks for 5.

Both are waste of points now.
    Last edited by zito; 2014-08-30 at 01:08 PM.