Quote Originally Posted by Shortcut View Post
    Well, IIRC, Exalted markings and Nuhoch hunting were required to progress in the personal story as well (as in, you can't get to the next story step without them, much like gliding after step 1). However, you should train the Nuhoch mastery track up untill level 2 anyways, since Nuhoch wallows will reduce your travel time significantly in some maps (auric basin and tangled depths come to mind here). Exalted Markings is somewhat less useful, but you need it to join the minigames that are used to determine who gets an exalted armor.
    They backed those requirements out a week or two after the Xpac launched You need very few masteries to get through the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    They backed those requirements out a week or two after the Xpac launched You need very few masteries to get through the whole story.
    You still need Exalted Markings and Nuhock Hunting (assuming those are the level 1 masteries respectively) before you can do much in the story in each of those zones. They backed off the poison one, but I don't recall any others getting pulled off.
    "Nonsense repeated, does not become truth."
    SW Referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/LqNC8G

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You still need Exalted Markings and Nuhock Hunting (assuming those are the level 1 masteries respectively) before you can do much in the story in each of those zones. They backed off the poison one, but I don't recall any others getting pulled off.
    They basically made it so only the first lvl of masteries (Gliding, Exalted Markings, whatever the Nuhock one is) and then updrafts is all you need to finish. They took out the poison one and one other I've forgotten about now. I had already done all of it when they changed it so I didn't pay attention as much as I normally would have.

They basically made it so only the first lvl of masteries (Gliding, Exalted Markings, whatever the Nuhock one is) and then updrafts is all you need to finish. They took out the poison one and one other I've forgotten about now. I had already done all of it when they changed it so I didn't pay attention as much as I normally would have.
    Right, Exalted Markings and Nuhock Hunting are the first ranks, which is what Shortcut said above.
    I noticed them since I had to grind them out in order to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Right, Exalted Markings and Nuhock Hunting are the first ranks, which is what Shortcut said above.
    I noticed them since I had to grind them out in order to progress.
    So he did... idk how I failed so hard at reading there. I thought he was saying there were masteries further down the trees needed ><

Also as a side note to leveling the Tyria masteries... I get why people do the CoF farm, but that just seems super painful to me. I generally prefer to work on those by doing Silverwastes for awhile. I enjoy the meta there and it is very much more interesting than farming one part of CoF for a few hours.

So he did... idk how I failed so hard at reading there. I thought he was saying there were masteries further down the trees needed ><

Also as a side note to leveling the Tyria masteries... I get why people do the CoF farm, but that just seems super painful to me. I generally prefer to work on those by doing Silverwastes for awhile. I enjoy the meta there and it is very much more interesting than farming one part of CoF for a few hours.
    Well, I did mention that you would get Nuhoch hunting anyways since you would want to grind for Nuhoch wallows, but wallows aren't neccesary for the story (even though they do make travel in auric basin and tangled depths so much easier).
    Accusing someone of breaking the forum rules is backseat moderating.
    Accusing someone of backseat moderating is backseat moderating.
    Therefore, due to its nature, backseat moderating will lead to nothing more than circular discussions.

real off-topic but this made me think of a jumping puzzle in guild wars 2 (hidden strawberry patch maybe?): http://imgur.com/gallery/yiTn9

Reminds me of the one ascalonian vista right as you exit Black Citadel.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    real off-topic but this made me think of a jumping puzzle in guild wars 2 (hidden strawberry patch maybe?): http://imgur.com/gallery/yiTn9

Pretty cool. Do you know where this is located?

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Pretty cool. Do you know where this is located?
    Hawarden Mill in Wales (England) according to the comments

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    Hawarden Mill in Wales (England) according to the comments
    So it's a Welsh....Gearbit? *drumroll*
    BAD WOLF