View Poll Results: Who will take the series?

Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • Tampa Bay Lightning

6 46.15%
  • Pittsburg Penguins

7 53.85%
    10+ Year Old Account

Penns/Lightning, Series winner?

So as most hockey fans know the series is now 3-2 Penns. My question is who is going to win the series? Up until now the penguins have been pretty dominate but it seems like they can play like #30 with the flip of a coin, its not as bad for the Lightning but after the 8-2 win in Pittsburgh its is almost sad for the penns.

So will the lightning win game #6 + #7 to advance, or will the penns take #6 or #7 and advance?

Let me know what you think?

---------- Post added 2011-04-24 at 08:06 PM ----------

No opinions? :O
    Last edited by Aeriedk; 2011-04-24 at 09:31 PM.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Stamkos takes the Lightning on his back, and rolli the goalie pulls out all the stops to shut down a meager Pitsburgh offense.

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on which Tampa team shows up again tonight. If the offensive powerhouse that Tampa can be shows up I really think they can win the last two games. If Stamkos disappears again I think the Pens will finish the series in 7. Bylsma is a ridiculously phenomenal coach though so I really don't doubt that he can get the Pens focused again.

If the Penguins get their heads out of their butt going in to tonight and chose not to play "let's have 4 people on St. Louis/Stamkos at all times," they will win without a doubt. Overall, the penguins have more depth and they have the ability to shut down Tampa. Every game between the clubs this season has come down to keeping Stamkos and St Louis off the board. When Stamkos and St Louis get started, there is pretty much no stopping them. Not to mention Lecavalier. However, Penguins defense has been able to manage those two big guns and it took the rest of Tampa to step up their game tremendously to create the games we've had so far. Game 5 was dumb. (I was there). The penguins had 2 good moments in that game. The first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes.

As for the Penguins offense, so far this playoff series they have been producing. Asham has been ridiculously good, Stall has lacked in points but has been creating offense sometimes one touch beyond getting an assist, Tyler Kennedy has been a man possessed, and the 3rd and 4th lines have stepped up in a big way. If the 1st and 2nd lines featuring Kovalev and Neal can be more consistant outside of the game 1 goal and the game 4 over time winner (which will NEVER happen again from ANYBODY in the league,) then the Pens have a chance at doing something more than first round.

If the penguins decide to show up for an entire game, they win without a doubt. If Tampa plays with the fire they had in the past two games, it is a coin flip. As a coin flip, it's a 50/50 chance for Tampa to win game 6. Another coin flip for game 7.

1/4 chance of winning this series.
    Pens win tonight in game 6.

EDIT: Forgot to mention how good of a road team Pittsburgh has been throughout the entire season.
    Last edited by Vladimeir; 2011-04-25 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling Lecavalier's name.

I'm hoping the Pens, but as others have already said...it depends on which two teams show up tonight. I have all the faith in the world that Bylsma will get the boys back on track...but Pens need to take the body all night, and Stamkos, St Louis and Lecavlier all need shut down. Refs need to call an even game (as they have yet to this whole series).

We'll see what happens. My heart says Pens will close it out tonight. Who knows, though.

Were I a betting man, money would be riding on the Penguins.

Refs need to call an even game (as they have yet to this whole series).
    Agree. Both teams have been shafted numerous times on calls. If you look around the league, games have been all over the place in terms of calls. One man's boarding is another's high-five haha. There have been I think 3 or 4 suspensions so far and it's only the first round! I digress, that is another story.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Really hoping Tampa pulls through, or I'll lose 3 guys on my office pool...

Already lost two last night when Aneheim lost. Might lose 3 soon if Vancouver gets kicked down, and another 2 if Buffalo doesn't pull through.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    I haven't followed this series that closely, but the times I've watched Fleury has not been stable at all. Pens will need him to step up big time if they're gonna survive the rest of the series. On the other side of the rink the Lightnings got a bit of a fairy-tale-in-the-making going on with the change to Yzerman etc.

It's pretty open, but I think Fleury will make the big saves needed tonight and pull the Pens to a 4-2 series win.
    I'm rooting for Tampa though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Really hoping Tampa pulls through, or I'll lose 3 guys on my office pool...

Already lost two last night when Aneheim lost. Might lose 3 soon if Vancouver gets kicked down, and another 2 if Buffalo doesn't pull through.
    who do you have out besides anaheim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting first period. I'm watching it on my comp due to it being blacked out in my area. I'd like to make a judgement on tonights game but so far I'm not sure who decided to show up.

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 08:32 PM ----------

Update: Damn 6th penalty shot in playoff history. Connor reminds me a little of Tim Tebow. "There's no crying in Hockey!"

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    who do you have out besides anaheim?
    No one. I didn't take anyone from Phoenix.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Tampa takes game 6. I can't wait to watch game 7, and then the day after I go on a cruise!