Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    IronMan suit and a light saber.
    This made me laugh

I'd take (from my house):
    1) Katana - I have 8 and know how to use them
    2) My multi-tool - I'm like MacGuyver with that thing!
    3) Sunglasses - I've got everything I need already, so why not look cool?

As for where I'd go, it would be to the South of where I live into the countryside. Plenty to eat, clean spring water is bottled a few miles away and a choice of open fields or dense woodland close to each other. My first zombie kill will also be used to make a custom t-shirt, where I'll write in blood across my chest "No, I wasn't bloody bitten"

1. Steve Jobs. Not even zombies will f*ck with the turtle neck.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

I talk about these situations with my friends all the time cause its fun to think about it and speculate.

Here would be my realistic list.

1 - My work backpack - I keep an extra pair of clothes, a flashlight and batteries, my swiss army knife, pens and a notebook, and my mp3 player in it.

2 - My functional Katana - best weapon to be in close range with and I don't have to wory about ammo. I know how to use it well enough to be able to chop a zombies head off in one swing.

3 - Max Brook's Zombie Survival Guide - Despite the fact that it is purely fictional, it contains information that could be extremely useful based on the events and actually has some decent wilderness survival tips.

Food - a box of meal replacement bars - I eat these on nights when I come home from the gym and aren't feeling hungry or when I don't feel like cooking dinner.

Where would I go?

Mountains of North Dakota. Its remote, there aren't a lot of people around and it is easy to make defensible positions and plenty of wildlife to be able to hunt for my own food over the course of however long I need to last out there. The mountain passes would be easy to close off from anyone or thing that would try to come up there.

1. A woman
    Because, who cares if you survive if you're by yourself.

2. Couple of leatherman tools
    Very useful tools and would help for all manner of situations, also small, compact, and light weight

3. First aid supplies
    Always being stocked on alcohol and something to bandage yourself with is good in any long-term survival situation. Without proper care, one cut could lead to a crippling and ultimately fatal infection.

4. Cooking supplies
    Small, lightweight pan for universal cooking of anything you need to eat, a single fork, spoon, and knife for eating convenience, a metal container to store water in as well as safe to boil water in to purify it

5. Compound bow
    Because conserving energy is important in a survival situation and anyone who has ever actually used a real bow can tell you that you need a lot of strength and endurance to use it reliably. This can serve as a silent, ranged zombie killer that won't alert other zombies as well as a hunting weapon for rabbits and deer without having to spend valuable survival time building traps then waiting on them to catch something. Arrows are reusable in both situations, but I wouldn't mix up my zombie killing arrows with my hunting food arrows.

6. Stainless steel sword
    Good way to ensure a zombie is dead is when it is missing it's head. Single edged swords like katanas are poor choices, and actually decapitating a zombie in a single strike would not be an easy feat. The strength, speed, and accuracy involved against the zombie's movement writhing toward you would be a difficult task. Double-edged swords that are capable of stabbing as well as slicing would be more ideal and also have less chance of getting "stuck" inside the zombie should your strike have less than sufficient force to go all the way through their body.

7. Axe
    One powerful hit can split a zombie's skull in half. Also serves as a backup weapon for yourself, or a companion you meet along the way. And the most important use of an axe would be helping to chop your way through doors. Locked door to a building holding valuable supplies? No problem! Cut through it easily with your handy axe just like firefighters use to get people out of burning buildings.

8. Riot shield
    Riot shields provide massive protection against zombie close encounters. This would be the only piece of gear you couldn't simply attach yourself, you'd actually have to carry this one around with you but once you settled on a secure location to "settle in" at, you could leave it there

9. 2x 9mm pistols
    Zombies aren't the only enemy in a post zombie apocalypse world. Sometimes you need to defend yourself against other survivors who might just kill you on sight just to take any resources or supplies you may have. 9mm pistols are effective personal defense against such things, as well as a handy backup weapon against zombies in emergency situations. Also, only an idiot would try to dual wield pistols, the purpose of having 2 of them is so save the time of having to reload in a pinch, not to fire both at once wildly.

10. Lightweight, collapse-able fly fishing pole
    Fly fishing is easy, requires no bait, and even if you lost a lure you could just make an decent enough replacement on the go. After all, you don't have to catch many fish to eat well. There are poles that can separate and collapse to be very compact and lightweight and even with no previous fishing experience, this style of fishing is exceedingly easy and requires nothing special and can quite quickly net you a meal if you're near water.

11. A harness made to hold all these items on your person to easily carry with you and provide quick access to them. All of these items would be attached to your harness to allow maximum portability. With the proper harness, you could carry all of these things hands-free, including the riotshield.

12. Strong fishing line
    Lines are extremely valuable and not just for fishing. You can do all sorts of things with then including, but not limited to, making traps and other makeshift constructs out of natural materials you find in the area.

13. Large tarp
    Highly portable and can be laid out to collect rain water as well as dew.

Ideally before entering a zombie apocalypse you'd have some rudimentary survival training such as how to hunt, clean, and cook food in the wild. How to identify plants that are poisonous, safe to eat, or have medicinal properties, etc. As well as common sense.

Get out of civilization as quickly as possible. Leave cities, sleep only in secure locations that have an escape route in case the main entrance is compromised. Make your way out into the wilds where there are no people. If you can get access to a boat, that would be an ideal home. Small enough to paddle so you don't make much noise, but with a motor on it in case you need a quick getaway. You can sleep anchored in the middle of a lake and only venture to shore when necessary for food.

The most ideal survival "home" would be a large ship like an oil tanker or cargo freighter. There is physically no possible way that any number of zombies could ever climb up the hull of such a ship. The main decks are very large and you could bring soil for planting and have a massive garden up there to provide food. The ship it's self already has sleeping quarters, bathrooms, and recreational facilities. With a few modifications, the bathrooms could simply dump out into the water and maintaining working plumbing is not a difficult task, even for a laymen. Many ships already have distilleries that can turn sea water into clean distilled drinking water so that is another resource you wouldn't have to worry about. You could just live up there till the end of your days if you really wanted to.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2011-04-25 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    -snipittysnip-
    I said 3 items hun.

In the UK the whole zombie scenario is particularly terrifing for a few reasons. 1) We lack the abundance and availability of guns that the US has, only military personnel will have them really. 2) Brain eating chavs aren't good. 3) In the rural areas where I live, there are just acres and acres of open fields, no forests to hide in.

I'd probably drive to the local Morrisons with a big ass knife, gather up alcohol, jaffa cakes and various other confectionary, return home and barricade the place, stay quiet and get pissed.

for fun list
    1) A hunting crossbow with a shiton of different headed arrows
    2) a broad Axe with reinforced head that can be used to chop wood/chop doors/chop zombies
    3) a big arse towel for comfort and sleepy time
    food) water and coconuts
    place ) DTU in Denmark, cus I know I can barricade that shit down

Real stuff
    1) big metal pole or other long spearish thing I can use for keeping zombies at bay /help me walking and so forth while I run for my life.
    2) my black leather jacket with sunglasses in the pocket + ipod with zombie slayer theme
    3) my emergency backpack filled with some books, some medicin, playing cards, big arse rope, notebook/pet (for diary) /laptop with like 6h worth of energy + recharger and ipod cable, a radio, a shitton of matches, and some pictures of my family : (

as for food I would grab whatever I've got left of my stash of jerky/müsli bars and water bottles

plan? straight for my pals house, seeing as he is most likely as smart as I am when it comes to this sort of shit he WILL be alive, and we are going to head out on a journey worth writing several novels about.

1. a chainsaw (its multipurpose =D)
    2. an AK47 with so much ammo it is unbelieveable
    3. a combat survival knife
    food: no food,, a flint
    place: where i live now, south eastern norway

Deleted
    1) A couple of maces, nothing with spikes I don't want them stuck just break the bones so they can't move.
    2) m16 with attached grana launcher.
    3)Light armor made out of kevlar, full body not just armor.

Food: Water and Some bread, dark bread not light.

I'd seek out near the african desert, so I can grab a horse and ride away if needed I get swamped.

Dying is for whimps.

1. AA-12
    2. 12 gauge ammo
    3. Gerber LMF II Survival Knife

Food - Poutine

mmmmmmmmmmmmm cant wait

Travel to British Columbia - North American homefront for the best chronic. If I'm gonna slice and dice my way to anywhere - its there.

1st. buy a ton of food
    2nd. buy this http://failblog.org/2011/04/22/epic-...ss-protection/ or steal it i dont really care im a aive and ur gonna die in the next few days.
    3rd. open a weapon shop in my new home that only i can use and if they try and takle it back..once agian there dead soon.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

1. a double bladed swallow (serge from chrono cross' weapon) cuz theyre awesome and i like the way those kinds of weapons feel.
    2. sawed off shotgun for extreme close quarters
    3. chainmail so hopefully if i get scratched or bitten on accident it might not pierce me.

i would go and try to find my friends and family then come up with a plan after that.

as for food i would take pre prepared cuban sandwiches nom nom nom :P