Poll: Do you still play Rift?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Tryed it during the free weekend and didn't like it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syero View Post
    i want to keep playing it but i got hacked and trion never responded back so i cancelled.
    Dude how could this happen ? really, with the coin lock feature and the authenticator!!!!
    Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaesimvrotos View Post
    L2Read a couple of lines more without whining... Seriously...

OT: No, I value my money...
    It's not about that there's a few more lines to read, it's just that it makes the results look ridiculous as a whole.

It might not have "killed" Wow, but I'm sure it made an impact. There are so many things that Rift did that WoW still does not do for who knows what reason. Rift shows that things could be better, they just missed the mark at making the game fun to play past level 20. WoW needs to step their game up and make a few changes or one of these next MMO's will take even a bigger chunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawlisse View Post
    Dude how could this happen ? really, with the coin lock feature and the authenticator!!!!
    before that

edit: like a day before.... talk about luck lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's not about that there's a few more lines to read, it's just that it makes the results look ridiculous as a whole.
    Again, I'd like to point out, it's simply for the purpose of more accurate data. It's alot easier to understand the progress, or lack of same, about the game if you know more details to why the player is, or is not, playing the game still.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    It might not have "killed" Wow, but I'm sure it made an impact. There are so many things that Rift did that WoW still does not do for who knows what reason. Rift shows that things could be better, they just missed the mark at making the game fun to play past level 20. WoW needs to step their game up and make a few changes or one of these next MMO's will take even a bigger chunk.
    There's a lot of things each game could pick up from the other. However trion's speed of change and tendancy to do things like say "you want more specs, okay we're going from 4 to 5" and the like means that if they can make questing more fun and fully realise the class system, they're going to threaten to blow WoW out the water in quality terms, soon. I stopped playing rift a while because my friends were slacking but we're doing experts now and they're fun. However I'll be honest, WoW's content is better. Blizzard's attitude is worse, their way of fixing things, well I realise how bad it is now, but they have refined their content and realised their classes *so well* at this point that while I'm still playing rift, it's secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Again, I'd like to point out, it's simply for the purpose of more accurate data. It's alot easier to understand the progress, or lack of same, about the game if you know more details to why the player is, or is not, playing the game still.
    Why, are you writing an essay on it? Tell me why you want to know the specific details so badly, that yes and no are not enough?

Get to the point, if you want details, read what the posters say.

i tried it as well during the free weekend and Rift is just a WoW clone with better and more gory graphics.
    So no I'm not going to pay of the same game I'm already paying for

Quote Originally Posted by EKAA25 View Post
    Was way too boring and slow paced.
    boring no repetitive yes there was always something to do
    slow paced far from it you can get into rift raid events at LV 9 +
    questing while its typical "kill this/loot this" is tons more fun than WoW (since thats the only thing people can compare to )

If your a dedicated player its a fun game I just dont have the will to play mmo's anymore WoW killed my social life for 6 years also I am very unhappy with the way the game has transformed over the years. Rift is very fun from my short experience with it but real life is beckoning and there is no time to mmo it up anymore
    So yes if i decided to keep playing an online game it would be Rift not WoW
    Not touched wow for a month or 2 whats to look forward to in 4.1 for a person thats been raiding and clearing 90% of progression content? We get to see more recycled raids made into....5mans...sooo 4.1 i would be farming for a mount? Ill pass ill keep in check of the progress of things to see how the game develops over the years but WoW is killing its self imo it doesn't need another game to do it.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I play it. Not sure where people get the wow-killer thing from, but meh. The more rabid "anti-anything not wow" folks will take what any retard says about "OMG X Y Z GAME IS GOING TO KILL WOW!!!!111"(which happens every couple months or so) and use it to paint everyone that dares play anything other than wow with the same brush.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked RIFT when I played it but I am not returning to it because I just don't have the graphics card to run it. I'm always at 10-20 FPS, 25+ if i'm lucky, and in dungeons 10 or less fps. How can anyone enjoy the game when playing with tat FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift is terrible.
    My friends have stopped WoW for a while and went to it... about 6 of em.
    I left the guild on my hunter and went horde. The guild fell apart and now they are getting burnt out of rift.
    Seems like it's pretty common now, kinda reminds me of warhammer and age of conan.

Tried during the free weekend, meh wasn't impressed, maybe if I played more I would grow with it but a few of my friends bought the game for good and have come back to WoW already.

With all the issues WoW has, I was surprised by their decision. Maybe if they decide to give RIFT another chance I will join them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Why, are you writing an essay on it? Tell me why you want to know the specific details so badly, that yes and no are not enough?

Get to the point, if you want details, read what the posters say.
    Alright, i've been Mister Niceguy so far, but here goes...

Look, the reason there's several options which are more detailed is because, unlike you, I care about people. You remember people, right? When you brush that last cheeto off your shirt, pull away the curtains and look outside, you might catch a glimpse of one. Guess what? Their oppinions matters just as much as yours! So instead of sitting there like a whiny little prick, just fill in a check or GTFO because unlike your usual love-letters to the guys down the swimhall, this poll can't be answered with 3 checkboxes saying "yes" "no" or "maybe".

Grow up and learn to be constructive. It'd suit you nicely.

My 2 cents... I have played many mmos from UO to WoW, and I have played Rift since launch. I even tried DCUO. Honestly, Rift isn't bad. It isn't great. It is not going to kill WoW. It is almost WoW. The 2 major things Rift has going for itself is the indepth talent trees and the dynamic rifts. Sadly, the game falls behind in several areas that really should be common for these games (dungeon finder). I felt sad for some poor soul spamming for a tank for about 4 hours. The game offers little at end game beyond gear grinding (PvP, Dungeons, Raids, Rifts) and professions. Regardless, the game is polished and has some fun. PvP isn't too bad, but I believe that with the huge talent choices Trion is going to be working on balance for years to come.

Talking with a friend of mine today, he said he logged into WoW today, and his words to me were, "yeah, I am not going back". It wasnt because Rift was so much better. We are both using Rift until we find something better. We are tired of WoW. I played WoW since launch. Been there done that for several years. Grinded tier from every set... The appeal is gone. I think folks are missing the point. Rift is not a WoW killer. It is a clone of the best of mmos in the current medieval genre. The only thing that will kill WoW is time. Folks will get bored. Endgame in just about every mmo I have touched is repetitive and boring. I don't hate WoW. I have many fond memories, but I wish the end game was more than grinding gear and looking like a clone, and just like my friend, even if Rift fails, I am not going back.

/wave

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syero View Post
    before that

edit: like a day before.... talk about luck lol
    man this sucks... and they never replied ... damn ...
    Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was originally going to try it out, but I completely disagreed with every move they made in the last few beta builds. So, I decided to not spend 50 bucks on a game that is basically WoW with a few tweaks, most of which got "fixed" out of relevance.