Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Still not going to believe the touch screen on the controller.
    Seems like a bad idea an. Nintendo really do not need another Gimic console.

But I think everyone knew the new console would be shown off at E3. But its nice to see its confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzme View Post
    People are missing the biggest implementation.

Imagine sitting in the living room and having to go to dinner, the bathroom, really just anything that would stop your play. Now with this controller screen you press a simple button and are able to simply stream the game straight to the controller and continue your play without having to be at the console.
    Off-Topic sorta - It seems like blizzard is doing something similar with WoW and the "mobile" functions they have implemented (Armory, Auctions, GChat). Imagine porting wow to your phone and being able to raid while having to drive somewhere.

OT - I wonder what the range would be (would the controllers have to stay within wifi?)

Quote Originally Posted by Latitude View Post
    Off-Topic sorta - It seems like blizzard is doing something similar with WoW and the "mobile" functions they have implemented (Armory, Auctions, GChat). Imagine porting wow to your phone and being able to raid while having to drive somewhere.

OT - I wonder what the range would be (would the controllers have to stay within wifi?)
    If WoW had the ability to stream the full game to mobile platforms would be amazing. Obviously there would be limitations, due to lack of keys and a mouse. But to be able to walk around the city and say visit the AH and chat with you guild in person would be amazing

to the OT question, I think it would be very good, the 360 and PS3 have a large range, 30ft i think, and this is going to be more powerful so I would imagine that that range could be more although 30ft is a fine range for me.

I know for a lot of people this is a step in the right direction and Next Gen powerhouse is definitely better than a gimic like 3D or Movement controls but Nintendo's profits are down and the 3DS I don't think was as successful as they had hoped I don't want Nintendo to be the next Sony or Sega and make a system that costs too much to be able to turn a profit on it by selling at a reachable price point. I know they have to compete and be different in some way but what most people want seems to be for nintendo to be like the xbox or playstation + have the great first party games and be able to play competitively online against others which is limited since Nintendo wants to be a family friendly system and doesn't want racist 6 year olds cursing across chat in call of duty which is understandable. I know I am a pessimist sorry but believe it or not I am a bit excited too and can't wait for E3 to hear more.

Hmm...two sticks and a touchpad. Could be neat, as you can move a pointer without having to actually point at the screen,

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzme View Post
    If WoW had the ability to stream the full game to mobile platforms would be amazing. Obviously there would be limitations, due to lack of keys and a mouse. But to be able to walk around the city and say visit the AH and chat with you guild in person would be amazing

to the OT question, I think it would be very good, the 360 and PS3 have a large range, 30ft i think, and this is going to be more powerful so I would imagine that that range could be more although 30ft is a fine range for me.
    Actually I think you can do this, I believe it was Fuzzy. And you can stream WoW onto your ipod, andriod or iPad through your computer. it is an app that lets you use your computer from home, and it streams to your mobile device. Though it is very lagy, and I believe he said he had to use the click to location method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Nintendo will be in the lead for a while because Sony and Microsoft aren't making their new consoles until 2014. I doubt the hardware will jump as much as it did from Xbox/PS2 to Xbox 360/PS3 either

I'm also hearing that GTA 5 will be a Nintendo launch title haha.

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 10:42 AM ----------

This might be the new controller, but it isn't confirmed yet.

Looks very retro but it looks very uncomfortable to hold. It all depends on the size of it I guess.
    I was trying to think how this may work for games that use analogue sticks (that is IF this is what the final product may look like) and the only idea I could come up with is maybe you are suppose to put your thumbs on the touch screen and use a digital touch analogue set up. If they make it just the right size so it fits in your hands but leaves enough screen area for menus and such then I think this could definitely work out.

Or I just realized that perhaps those speaker looking things arnt actual speakers and are some kind of touch analogue controls like the PSP has or the dial on a ipod.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2011-04-26 at 06:08 AM.

i read a description of the controller on ign a few days ago, they described it as a tablet style controller with a toucher screen, duel analog sticks and abxy buttons. i dont remember if they said it would feature a D-pad. as for the 3ds im sure it would have sold better on its release date if it had more solid titles released with it. ive never really enjoyed street fighter so i didnt take to it, so until OoT comes out it will collect dust on my shelf sadly .

God i hope not, those are the same sticks as the cube and the cubes sticks blew.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Anyone figure out how an on-controller screen is useful for a console game yet? the only thing I can think of would be taking advantage of the current trend (one that Nintendo knows all too well and pioneered even..) the Touch-Screen.
    Give the controller internet access
    Give it a browser
    Get stuck on a level
    Go to GameFAQS
    Find Walkthrough
    ????
    Profit

Also it could be used for real time stat monitoring and screen clutter reduction. It would be great for like a 4 player game on 1 TV but you have the skill selection screens on the controllers themselves

really so many things you could do with it

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    God i hope not, those are the same sticks as the cube and the cubes sticks blew.
    I'm gonna get alot of hate for this but Gamecube is my second favorite console of all time (Excluding PC, behind N64)
    I just loved the controls overall (Dual-Analog hater here) and it had some really fun games (SSBM, Metroid Prime etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Miggetmagic View Post
    This will most likely be the controller.
    http://gearmedia.ign.com/gear/image/...5053115064.jpg
    I'm gonna have to call BS on their design for the controller because
    A: They make it look like a DS that doesn't fold
    B: They call it the Wii 2 despite nintendo saying they want to move away from that and be mroe hardcore
    C: It just looks like a wavebird with a DS top screen glued on.
    Last edited by zakayron; 2011-04-26 at 03:41 PM.
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon