Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Guys, don't argue with Duster. If you look back a few pages, you'll see that he argued that Blizzard should not use the money they earn from WoW to fund other projects. Instead, he thinks that every cent they make from WoW should go back into WoW and not into other games. Clearly, he does not understand how finances and development works, or he is just a troll. Either way, arguing with him is a waste of your time and sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    Guys, don't argue with Duster. If you look back a few pages, you'll see that he argued that Blizzard should not use the money they earn from WoW to fund other projects. Instead, he thinks that every cent they make from WoW should go back into WoW and not into other games. Clearly, he does not understand how finances and development works, or he is just a troll. Either way, arguing with him is a waste of your time and sanity.

i laughed pretty hard reading those....and was like you know for a person with no background in any of this it all made sense to me...but clearly not to him...was a good laugh.

Good gods. So much nerd rage.

I'm pretty happy with the look of the patch. Not much major added, admittedly, but they tried to address a ton of stuff and added a bunch of pretty nice utility and UI stuff. The content stuff itself is okay. I'm happy enough for it if it means guild mates get gear and can manage to be something approaching competent. We were about halfway through regular modes when raiding turned into a never-ending stream of trying to replace one person after another and get the new guy geared up and up to speed, anything that improves that is good in my book and will hopefully help us get past the perpetual stall we've been in. My guild has always been pretty much bottom of the chart on our server, but we do at least make the rank. It's like PotC. "You're the worst pirate I've ever heard of!" "Ahh, but you *have* heard of me." Anyway, point is, it may not be much to be proud of, but it means that probably 60-70% of the server has seen even less of the current raid content than we have, leaving only like 20% with *any* legitimate reason to complain about the delay on raid content, and like 5% at best who've really cleared all content.

Quote Originally Posted by Madrail View Post
    Good gods. So much nerd rage.

I'm pretty happy with the look of the patch. Not much major added, admittedly, but they tried to address a ton of stuff and added a bunch of pretty nice utility and UI stuff. The content stuff itself is okay. I'm happy enough for it if it means guild mates get gear and can manage to be something approaching competent. We were about halfway through regular modes when raiding turned into a never-ending stream of trying to replace one person after another and get the new guy geared up and up to speed, anything that improves that is good in my book and will hopefully help us get past the perpetual stall we've been in. My guild has always been pretty much bottom of the chart on our server, but we do at least make the rank. It's like PotC. "You're the worst pirate I've ever heard of!" "Ahh, but you *have* heard of me." Anyway, point is, it may not be much to be proud of, but it means that probably 60-70% of the server has seen even less of the current raid content than we have, leaving only like 20% with *any* legitimate reason to complain about the delay on raid content, and like 5% at best who've really cleared all content.

68% of percentages are made up.

summoned hunter pets will start with 100 focus, but when will a summoned pet start off with 100%hp? each time i come off my mount and my pet has been on defensive stance and i attack my pet charges in with about 6k hp and dies straight away if he gets critical hit seems to take like a second or 2 for it to get full hp!

a video for this patch? Odd. I thought they only did videos for patches containing new raid content. Does that mean we won't get a firelands video?

So did the patch go live in US or not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    Is the Zandalari just giving the Amani and Gurubashi money or what? Held back for the inevitable future troll raid?

And whatabout that "prophet Zul" thats mentioned? He dont feature as a boss, so whats the deal with the zandalari anyway?
    The deal is that they are setting things up for the next expansion (the South Seas one), where you will go to Zandalar and deal with King Rastafari , prophet Zul and so on, probably in one of the first tier raids plus some 5-mans.

EU login screen doesn't say anything about a patch tomorrow so I guess a certain someone was wrong or we should be getting ready for the apocalypse!

Hey, its the guy who voiced Tosh!

Trailer was great! but that made me realize. Why they didn't make a raid for that lore? Would be nice to see troll stylish raid again

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    I suggest you should go and ask Blizzard directly what they do with our Sub money. Is it going into Starcraft ? Diablo 3 ? Titan ? Cause I sure can not play those games for my sub money atm.

You guys do not have a clue what obligations follow a subscription playerbase game. Absolutly zero idea. You like to think BLizzard can do whatever they want - Including sending out patch like 4.1. They can not. Go read the official forums over the last 3 months. Read post after post of long term WOW players telling them what they think about this. Most of you started playing less than 3 years ago and have zero idea what what has been going on in the game from start. And you are proving it again and again. Most of you do not even know how many ppl were in each ZG and ZA raid... Hell ... you dont even know that lvl 60 dungeons in Vanilla were all 10 man isntances... Absolutly zero idea...

And again - this is not a Guild Wars 2 funding project. This is a SUB based game where ppl count on the DEVS to provide ONGOING long term UPGRADE of Tech and systems to hold the game compatible with the latest releases in the genre. Like EQ is still doing and has been doing for years - including total rewamp of armor - graphic - and sound engine. And EQ is not 12 million sub based game! Blizzard is not doing they same -they are totally ignoring it. And thats why alot of ppl (note not all but alot) that have been paying sub for 6 years are VERY unhappy to see patches like 4.1 - lack of innovation and tech improvemns in cata and then hear that most of the innovative design work has been moved over to another game. Thats not acceptable.

You guys have zero idea - absolutly zero idea what 12 million sub game can do in terms of design if they wanted. BLizzard chooses not to. They get plenty of money to finance other projects but subscription money is not part of that - It never should be.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2011-04-26 at 05:12 PM.

The video is pretty cool, but I could not help thinking to myself throughout it, I am pretty sure I came to both of these places more than enough times in the original version of the game and the second expansion....

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    I suggest you should go and ask Blizzard directly what they do with our Sub money. Is it going into Starcraft ? Diablo 3 ? Titan ? Cause I sure can not play those games for my sub money atm.

You guys do not have a clue what obligations follow a subscription playerbase game. Absolutly zero idea. You like to think BLizzard can do whatever they want - Including sending out patch like 4.1. They can not. Go read the official forums over the last 3 months. Read post after post of long term WOW players telling them what they think about this. Most of you started playing less than 3 years ago and have zero idea what what has been going on in the game from start. And you are proving it again and again. Most of you do not even know how many ppl were in each ZG and ZA raid... Hell ... you dont even know that lvl 60 dungeons in Vanilla were all 10 man isntances... Absolutly zero idea...

And again - this is not a Guild Wars 2 funding project. This is a SUB based game where ppl count on the DEVS to provide ONGOING long term UPGRADE of Tech and systems to hold the game compatible with the latest releases in the genre. Like EQ is still doing and has been doing for years - including total rewamp of armor - graphic - and sound engine. And EQ is not 12 million sub based game! Blizzard is not doing they same -they are totally ignoring it. And thats why alot of ppl (note not all but alot) that have been paying sub for 6 years are VERY unhappy to see patches like 4.1 - lack of innovation and tech improvemns in cata and then hear that most of the innovative design work has been moved over to another game. Thats not acceptable.

You guys have zero idea - absolutly zero idea what 12 million sub game can do in terms of design if they wanted. BLizzard chooses not to. They get plenty of money to finance other projects but subscription money is not part of that - It never should be.
    Psst: after you give someone your money it isn’t “your money” anymore and you have no say in how its used.

Quote Originally Posted by Supern3rd View Post
    68% of percentages are made up.
    My god, so original and witty. Aren't you precious? And so true, except, y'know, for being completely and utterly bullshit unrelated. Admittedly I can only speak from experience with my own server, but I know where my guild rates on wow-progress, I know approximately how big most of the guilds above my guild are, and I know approximately how many people play on my server. With this thing called math one can then figure out rough estimates of how much of the server population have progressed farther, and how many haven't. It's amazing how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Madrail View Post
    My god, so original and witty. Aren't you precious? And so true, except, y'know, for being completely and utterly bullshit unrelated. Admittedly I can only speak from experience with my own server, but I know where my guild rates on wow-progress, I know approximately how big most of the guilds above my guild are, and I know approximately how many people play on my server. With this thing called math one can then figure out rough estimates of how much of the server population have progressed farther, and how many haven't. It's amazing how that works.
    don't worry, i understand you're angry. but 34% of servers should be up soon, then you can be happy again!

Did i miss something or they are not giving you a new raids only ZA and ZG as 5 man?Haven't played WoW 8 months or sth and I'm just being curious,would be weird introducing major patch without new raids.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyotoole View Post
    Psst: after you give someone your money it isn’t “your money” anymore and you have no say in how its used.
    Would be true if I payed for my sub in 1 large sum for 6 years (about 1000$). I dont .. antoher 1000$ for the next 6 years is not going to Blizzard to create another MMO game and leave WOW shelfed with recycled dungeons. Get it ?

BLizzard is failing the big test of the future of MMOs... TO maintain a hugely populare game with millions of subs to the standard and tech of latest released MMOs. And thats when ppl realise that their subs are worth absolutly jack shit over the long run.

Problaby the biggest reason RIFT is played this much atm - cause ppl were more than willing to give money to another developer rather than pay BLizzard sub for 4.1.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glorn View Post
    Did i miss something or they are not giving you a new raids only ZA and ZG as 5 man?Haven't played WoW 8 months or sth and I'm just being curious,would be weird introducing major patch without new raids.
    Welcome to WOW Cataclysm... Its just recycled content. I suggest you dont botehr to sub for the next 2 years and then pay 1 month just before next expansion. THen play the 5 man dungeons few times and .. you have seen all the content.

psss - this way they can finance Titan for the sub money and dont have to do jack shit with WOW. Its sounds like most subscribers of WOW are perefectly fine with that if you read these forums at least.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2011-04-26 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is it confirmed that 4.1 has dropped yet? I am not getting any definite answer from anywhere yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Welcome to WOW Cataclysm... Its just recycled content. I suggest you dont botehr to sub for the next 2 years and then pay 1 month just before next expansion. THen play the 5 man dungeons few times and .. you have seen all the content.

psss - this way they can finance Titan for the sub money and dont have to do jack shit with WOW. Its sounds like most subscribers of WOW are perefectly fine with that if you read these forums at least.
    That's some dumb commentary, even by your standards.

Many, perhaps most of us are just fine with 4.1 and what Blizzard is doing. If you're so put off by it, go away.