So, about Savage Defense...

Hello fellow bears,

I have searched all over the internet for an answer to this question but no one seems to have it yet. I have seen the patch 4.1 changes for SD and I think it's pretty cool that it finally doesn't have one unique charge, which makes it great for AoE packs and mobs that hit for very little. Now, I have a doubt...will the 4.1 version of Savage Defense stack? I mean, will it still be ONE unique absorb only? If we have SD up and we get a few crits that would supposedly proc SD, will the shield that's already active be boosted or will it stay the same? 'Cause if they're making this change I'd really like to see this in a system similar to Divine Aegis where SD can still be boosted by crits that we do while the absortion shield is up but only until a certain amount (maybe 40% of the druid's HP?).

Don't quote me on this but... I think it won't stack, it will just overwrite the previous shield.

Crit - Bear gets 10k shield
    *Bear gets hit for 7k, shield is now 3k*
    Crit - Previous shield goes off, new 10k shield is created.

At least it's what I'm understanding :>

That would make sense too, refreshing the shield if a more powerful one gets created and/or if the shield goes down in value. Would be very good too. :-)

If you proc another shield while one already exists it will be replaced.

However it remains to be seen if a lower value shield can replace a higher value one.

Well, in my opinion, the shield should stack until a certain amount like Divine Aegis...but that's up to the developers. It'd be really bad if a lower value shield replaces a higher one, I think that won't happen (then again, when it comes to feral spec design, one can expect anything... :|)

the holy paladin mastery shield is more likely what itll be like, changing it to divine aegis would be a huge change
    holy pally model: larger crits would override the shield, smaller crits refresh the shield

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
    Well, in my opinion, the shield should stack until a certain amount like Divine Aegis...but that's up to the developers. It'd be really bad if a lower value shield replaces a higher one, I think that won't happen (then again, when it comes to feral spec design, one can expect anything... :|)
    Fire mage's ignite munching says hello. At least, I think it does.
    Ssunflash- Feral Bear

Reesi's Beartank Guide - the guide all bear tanks should read
    Theincbear.com - the other thing you should read, too.

Quote Originally Posted by oathslayer View Post
    Fire mage's ignite munching says hello. At least, I think it does.
    Can you explain for the non-mages?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My understanding of "ignite munching" is when a smaller crit's ignite debuff on the target replaces a larger crit's ignite debuff on the target. This results in lower dps. I don't play a mage, but that's my basic understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmzuay View Post
    My understanding of "ignite munching" is when a smaller crit's ignite debuff on the target replaces a larger crit's ignite debuff on the target. This results in lower dps. I don't play a mage, but that's my basic understanding of it.
    Pretty much. They killed Ignited rolling back in TBC.

Heya! Thanks a lot for that! That was posted yesterday only a bit after I made this post...and yes, I had checked that blog. Oh well! The buff isn't that good for SD, but still good for HCs, I guess...!