[Music] Bands that change.

Some bands change lineups, some change their musical styles, and some change...nothing, and you end up disliking them. Other, thought, change and you still love them even they don't even sound the same. Examples, for some of you that knows them;

Escape the Fate (original) > New singer (2nd album) > New sound (3rd album) = imo, they still sound good
    Bring me the Horizon > New sound (2nd album) > New sound, again (3rd album) = I love all three of their sounds
    Metallica (original sound) > New sound = Utter shit. I used to like them very much.
    Avenged Sevenfold (old stuff) > Newer stuff = Crap. Remember their old sound? More punchy, overall better.

TL;DR - When a band changes, are you still loyal to that band because you used to like it, or you say "fuck it" and just listen to whatever you like?

Thanks,

Chicken

I give it a try and then decide if I want to keep on listening or not.
    I loved the first album by Atreyu, the second was alright and when the third album came.. well..

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    I give it a try and then decide if I want to keep on listening or not.
    I loved the first album by Atreyu, the second was alright and when the third album came.. well..
    A buddy of mine loved a band for a very long time, until they put out a bad album and decided to go see them live anyway...ended up they played older songs from previous albums, and it was a very good show. Mixed opinions.

(lol, reminds me of African Child)

Linkin Park is probably the most popular and current demonstration of how a band can change, Minutes to Midnight was dreadful in my opinion, vastly different from Hybrid Theory or even Meteora.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Marillion, a brittish prog-rock band is an excellent example o this. The old singer, Fish (Fish isnt his real name, but everyone calls him that) left in the late 80's and they got a new singer, Steve Hogarth. Hogarths singing is different and the band has changed completely, and the old Fish-fans hate him. Honestly, i dont see why they dont like him, "new" Marillion is fantastic! Just as "old" Marillion. Just read the comments on any song and I can guarantee that you will find either Fish or Hogarth hate there.

A song with Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QxzGVPGIU

A song with Hogarth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfAPLPJwfdw
    Last edited by mmocafde2babc7; 2011-04-25 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Linkin Park is probably the most popular and current demonstration of how a band can change, Minutes to Midnight was dreadful in my opinion, vastly different from Hybrid Theory or even Meteora.
    I , as many others, like the Old LP much more, I personally think that some songs for Minutes to Midnight were OK, from A Thousand Suns I only like The Catalyst.

On topic now, I think that this ( a band changing its' sound ) isn't something that should be criticized, or looked down , artists ought to experiment with their style, plus, imagine if LP kept the same sound for all those years , their newer songs wouldn't be so original, would they ?

I listen to the songs I like? I don't get the problem, someone makes one bad album and you stop listening to them? (like: OMFG this album is shit, I don't listen to them anymore even if I love their previous songs. fuck them!). I loved the early Metallica and I still listen to AJFA, kill em all, MoP, RtL etc even though they made such a crap as St. Anger. (And I even like some of songs from Death Magnetic)

Drowning Pool got a new signer, and they sound, imo, MUCH better now.

Also, there are win-win situations. For instance;

1. Escape the Fate's signer quit the band to go to jail.
    2. Blessthefall's signer joins Escape the Fate.
    3. Escape the Fate sounds much better with their new signer (band musical style fits in).
    4. Blessthefall gets a new signer who's MUCH better than the previous one.
    5. Win.

Deleted
    Most people forget the most important in ETF lineup before Craig was Omar Espinosa, he was the sound of the first album :P

And though I agree that the old Avenged sound was better, but it wasnt exactly choice :P

Deleted
    The Bee Gee's, man did they change.

(p.s. I don't like the Bee Gee's.)