Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb Pet Owner Prejudges

So I was chilling on my couch and slurped some noodles when I got a message from a chick I never got along with there she said that she needed someone to take care of her dog. I wrote back a simple "Hmm, no." and she enraged. Kept thinking for myself how dependant dogs are and why I always seem to get annoyed by every single dog owner I've met in my whole life. I'm not much of a cat lover either, but atleast they can take care of themselves and don't smell like wet and old jelly roll cake plus cat owners seem somehow more open-minded than dog owners. I've even come to a point that I don't even date women that likes or own a dog. So I'm wondering:

Can you judge someone by the pet they own?

Somehow I see dog people like narrow-minded, traditional, simple, nonchalant or control-obsessed persons, judging from my life experiences. Meanwhile cat people seem creative, shallow, hysterical, social or deceitful. I'm not sure about other kind of pet owners.
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2011-04-25 at 03:58 PM.

If they got a big dog it compensates? You mean stuff like that.
    And you're really cool for denying your chick ;o

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, you can't. Is someone who likes cats and dogs just a complete mess of a person then?

For example, I own cats. I am creative, but you'd be hard pressed to define me as shallow, hysterical, social, or deceitful.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if you own a cat and a dog?

Silly argument.

Deleted
    Yes you can, people that dont like pets are unable to see cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    \Can you judge someone by the pet they own?

Somehow I see dog people like narrow-minded, traditional, simple, nonchalant and control-obsessed persons, judging from my life experiences. Meanwhile cat people seem creative, shallow, hysterical, social and deceitful. I'm not sure about other kind of pet owners.
    Didnt you just answer your own question there? Clearly you can and are, though I would call that thinking irrational.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    ehehe, I like this answer too! See example of Scotia's avatar. Cuteness overload right there.

3 points for Scotia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    Didnt you just answer your own question there? Clearly you can and are, though I would call that thinking irrational.
    I think the question was probably intended either as "SHOULD you judge people by the pets they own", or asking if you personally judge people by their pets. Either one, I happen to answer "no" to. :P

Deleted
    Im a dog person,and nothing from what u wrote above.

Pets provide a kind of unconditional love that can't be found in humans, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Deleted
    Well, I haven't named anything about multiple pet owners. And yes, I can't help to judge pet owners and are interested if there are others that do this - as well as I would like to change my view on them by being wrong. The personalities I named shouldn't be taken as a whole.

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 06:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nemre View Post
    Im a dog person,and nothing from what u wrote above.
    So what are you? Simple and nonchalant? Looks like that in a poor reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    It is really hard to put a finger on the word "rational" in a subject about psychology and behaivor. Everything floats down here, you know.
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2011-04-25 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    hmmmm. im not sure if u can just judge the person by looking what pet they have. but i know that the animal's character depends on how the owner raises it, atleast for dogs. so if the pet is an asshole then the owner must aswell be an asshole. anyway, im against having pets locked inside houses or tied to chains/belts/anything...

i sometimes feel cat owners being false and oportunists. if ur prejudge is not hurting anyone then its cool

i got 2 dogs...

ohwait i have 2 cats!

See, i decieved you!

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 06:37 PM ----------

Btw, if the person has a stick in a jar called Herman then you can prejudge him to be crazy

For me, being a cat/dog owner means that a part of you (be it big or small) just wishes that sometimes your significant other simply didn't have the capacity to talk.

You CAN judge anyone by anything they do, own, have, look like...that's all your opinion and up to you.

In MY opinion, you can't judge solely by the pet they own, but you might by the way they treat it. I'd think a person who treated their dog well and had a well trained dog was a good person in terms of the care and affection they give to their animals. I'd think a person who always yelled at their dog, had a mess of a dog, an untrained or bad dog, or beat/mistreated their dog would be a bad person in a lot of ways.

Not to say I think people who don't like animals are bad, but there is NO fine line, and in fact a gigantic line, between loving and caring for animals, not liking animals, and mistreating animals. It's all totally different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

Deleted
    I prefer dogs over cats, but I recognize traits from both stereo types

after cleaning my old friends nasty cat piss encrusted house i have to say in my mind people with cats always seem like slobs to me so i think it all depends on what experiances you have with animals i cant stand cats i really cant after smelling cat piss rooms at his house.

Most dog owners I know are annoying douches. Almost all of them LOVE to tell you non stop about how great their dog is and why dogs are better than cats and that dogs seem to make them better people. Most of them are the type of person you'd see wearing shorts in February (In Scotland) Where as most cat owners I know are just like "Hmm, yeah, there are a few cats kicking about the place, watch out for their claws"

Saying that though, anyone who DOESN'T want a puppy or a cat is evil.

Deleted
    This whole threads purpose seems to be to start another flamewar between pet-lovers and pet-haters. Just warning.

From my experience, people who don't get along with animals, also don't get along with other people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    Or allergic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wed View Post
    This whole threads purpose seems to be to start another flamewar between pet-lovers and pet-haters. Just warning.

From my experience, people who don't get along with animals, also don't get along with other people.
    what r u talking about ? he's wondering if people should be judged for the pet they own that means its race, specie, behaivor, etc. not about animal haters vs lovers. ppl should stop missunderstanding things and make a flamewar by themselves