Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    What if you like both cats and dogs like myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Or allergic
    That's not a dislike, so much as a lack of ability to co-habitate. (with comfortable anyways)

:P

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 01:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Procadin View Post
    what r u talking about ? he's wondering if people should be judged for the pet they own that means its race, specie, behaivor, etc. not about animal haters vs lovers. ppl should stop missunderstanding things and make a flamewar by themselves
    Actually, you're wrong.

He doesn't specify anything about judging the owner based on the characteristics and traits of his/her pet.

He asks if people do/should stereotype what ALL dog owners are like, or ALL cat owners are like.

Deleted
    I have 4 ferrets what does that say about me?

Quote Originally Posted by HavaanSoup View Post
    I have 4 ferrets what does that say about me?
    maniac trying to take over the world with an army of ferrets

I own both dogs and cats, go ahead, judge me.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but having or not having pets does not really dictate a person's personality. If a person is unable to open up their heart to an animal though, I wonder if they could really open up their heart to another human being? Dogs (and to some extent cats) offer unquestioning loyalty, they do not judge, they will accept you in all your flaws and imperfections and all they ask in return is shelter, food, water, and love.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can a person judge somebody by the pet they own? You already showed that it's possible to form an opinion or their own personal stereotypes based off nothing besides what types of animals they own, but I don't think they are valid enough to decide what type of people they are.

Out of curiosity, I wonder what opinion the OP forms if I state nothing other than that fact that I own 3 dogs, 3 cats, 1 horse and a tank full of fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    Yes you can, people that dont like pets are unable to see cute.
    I like pets, a lot, but I'm allergic, so I can't cuddle them
    Seriously, F AW ck allergies.

Deleted
    Nomnomnomnom, flames.

Don't people that prefer the loyalty of dogs and to not be judged by animals seem a little... control-obsessed? I don't know but this far the only thing I agree with is the bunny's comment. I'm a green-ideologist so I bet my love for all sorts of life could be far more than many people's single love for one or many specific species.

But hey! This is about YOUR personality and values, not about your pet. I'm just analyzing people's awesome view and defence of their beloved domestical animals while they give a shit about other animals. So yeah, from what I've read in this thread so far there I can still point out control-obsessed, nonchalant, traditional and one-in-a-million simple people. There is indeed something interesting about small details... Oh, and yaaaay for the cat+dog owners, you must have a big heart.
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2011-04-25 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    And what if you are a bunny person?

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    Nomnomnomnom, flames.

Don't people that prefer the loyalty of dogs and to not be judged by animals seem a little... control-obsessed? I don't know but this far the only thing I agree with is the bunny's comment. I'm a green-ideologist so I bet my love for all sorts of life could be far more than many people's single love for one or many specific species.

But hey! This is about YOUR personality and values, not about your pet. I'm just analyzing people's awesome view and defence of their beloved domestical animals while they give a shit about other animals. So yeah, from what I've read in this thread so far there I can still point out control-obsessed, nonchalant, traditional and one-in-a-million simple people. There is indeed something interesting about small details... Oh, and yaaaay for the cat+dog owners, you must have a big heart.
    I like pretty much any animal that is kind, and clean.

I've had a few Dogs, and I currently have a Rabbit, and I eventually want to get a Jet Black Ferret.

Please, Zoltar, tell me my personality. *Extends Hand, Palm-up*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    Please, Zoltar, tell me my personality. *Extends Hand, Palm-up*
    Hmm. *ponders as sweet smoke fills the room* You... you have no life-line! You don't belong to this world. You were never born!

Hmm. *ponders as sweet smoke fills the room* You... you have no life-line! You don't belong to this world. You were never born!
    I said personality, not fortune.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a dog and cat. theory busted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    I said personality, not fortune.
    You don't exist...

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    i have a dog and cat. theory busted.
    You could either possess the good, bad or mixed treats. I can't judge you with my awesome mind with such little text. But still, if you only own a cat and a dog then there are other animals you don't have and thus I can still judge you. Unless you have a zoo in your house. That would take you off my radar.
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2011-04-25 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've kept cats and dogs for the last 25 years, and i don't think i'd really use any of those words you used to describe myself

i have a love of animals of almost all kinds, i'll walk up to dogs in the street tied up and barking like mad, and show them affection, same fo cats wandering about, hell, even fish, birds etc

you CAN judge people, but all you're doing is being prejudice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice), without getting to know someone, it is unfair for you to judge them by what basic knowledge that you do know (they own a dog seems to be the only thing you need know of someone)

and as for your comment about cats looking after themselves, it basically seems like all that it is, is that you consider loving and caring for an animal as a burden upon yourself, which is fine if you don't want to keep animals

but consider that you yourself are a "dog owner" in so far as you seem to be simple, narrow-minded and a control-obsessed person (depending on how you define such control)

edit:
    I can't judge you with my awesome mind with such little text.

yet you can judge someone on such little a thing as "that person owns a dog ... /avoid"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    i've kept cats and dogs for the last 25 years, and i don't think i'd really use any of those words you used to describe myself

i have a love of animals of almost all kinds, i'll walk up to dogs in the street tied up and barking like mad, and show them affection, same fo cats wandering about, hell, even fish, birds etc

you CAN judge people, but all you're doing is being prejudice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice), without getting to know someone, it is unfair for you to judge them by what basic knowledge that you do know (they own a dog seems to be the only thing you need know of someone)

and as for your comment about cats looking after themselves, it basically seems like all that it is, is that you consider loving and caring for an animal as a burden upon yourself, which is fine if you don't want to keep animals

but consider that you yourself are a "dog owner" in so far as you seem to be simple, narrow-minded and a control-obsessed person (depending on how you define such control)

edit:

yet you can judge someone on such little a thing as "that person owns a dog ... /avoid"
    1) I said it on my first post and even the title says "prejudges", so I'm aware of what you're trying to teach me. And I'm glad that you consider yourself as an animal-friends, since we need more of those in these modern days. And I have no problem against prejudges as long as they do not cause any harm to any creature both psychologic and physic. Chances are earned, not given.

2) I like the cats because they can take care of themselves. If something happens to the owner and he/she isn't home for a long time, the cat will try to leave and survive while the dog would starve and rott. I just pity dogs and all animals that don't have the opportunity to survive by themselves. It has nothing to do with me not being willingly to take care of them, I just don't waste my feelings on something that is too delicate.

3) Hm, yeah. I can "throw prejudges" on you for such "little thing" as owning a dog. Though, being responsible for a life isn't something little at all. Now where did those 25 years of loving and caring go when you made such statement to degrade an animal's life to "little thing".

Nothing to it. Seems like an ignorant OP to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never like pet myself, if a friend of mine (even female) want me to look after their pet, I will warn them I am Chinese, and we DO eat anything.

Most of the time they change their mind about asking me to lok after any pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    lets just hope the OP never has any kids...

It's true that people develop different traits depending on their pets. If you observe their personality, u can set apart cat owners from dog owners quite easily, so yes.... you can judge someone based on what pet they have (if any), but make sure it's not the only thing you judge them by.