Page 1 of 33
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Tanking heirlooms - why?

I've leveled four tanks. Two, warrior and druid, I leveled before heirlooms existed. The other two, death knight and paladin, I leveled using dps heirlooms, which were more than adequate for tanking while leveling. My warrior, which I leveled before heirlooms existed? Back at level 70, I tried to tank Utgarde Keep when it was released. I found it to be frustrating because the mobs weren't hitting me for any notable damage so I was rage starved completely. In response, I threw on my pvp gear to tank with and all problems dissipated. Because? Leveling dungeons don't want or need tank gear. All tank gear does is gimp you in those dungeons.

Why do these heirlooms exist? They aren't necessary at all. Maybe a shield and a weapon. Nothing else is even remotely wanted.

Don't speak for me, I am glad tanking heirlooms are being put in.

They are being introduced because people asked for them. It's okay that you won't use them. They weren't intended for you anyway.

Also understand that the gear is helpful for level 85 players as they are equivalent to 333(?) or something close. And the BOA gear only presents an option for people to actually feel like a tank and not feel like a DPS that's taking the hits for the group.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Seriously. Blizzard can't fucking win.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't wanna use them, don't use them? I for one will be looking beast mode with my might set

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Why do these heirlooms exist? They aren't necessary at all. Maybe a shield and a weapon. Nothing else is even remotely wanted.
    I believe quite a few people disagree with you there, me included.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

I really don't see how these heirlooms negatively affect the game, or even keep it at the same level. The heirlooms might be helpful for someone making their first tanking character and need the stats to help push them along.

Try seeing things from an inexperienced player's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerhunter247 View Post
    Don't speak for me, I am glad tanking heirlooms are being put in.
    I'm gonna go with this one.

Just because you don't need them, doesn't mean they shouldn't exist. Hell I'm probably not going to use them simply because I already have all the heirlooms I need, like you said but that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flamejackal View Post
    Also understand that the gear is helpful for level 85 players as they are equivalent to 333(?) or something close. And the BOA gear only presents an option for people to actually feel like a tank and not feel like a DPS that's taking the hits for the group.
    Feeling like a tank IS taking the hits for the group. It's almost impossible to tank as a warrior using tanking gear while leveling because of how the mobs are tuned. You are speaking to someone that is an absolute expert at leveling tanks. No one out there has more knowledge than me about leveling tanks. Maybe as much knowledge, but no more.

You do not EVER want tanking gear while leveling. Trust me. It'll do nothing but gimp you and provide not even the slightest shred of benefit.

A lot of people leveled with out heirlooms for a lot of specs... they honestly really necessary for anyone at all. They are nice and some people enjoy them. That's why we have them.

Hopefully we will eventually get the new legs and ring.

Okay short answer... to make it easier to heal the dumbasses that don't know how to tank and wear dps gear in dungeons.

Also heirlooms exists to make lvling go faster. I don't you about you but some people don't like gathering X number pieces of shit and killing X number of mobs for 85 lvls even if it only takes about a week to grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    If you don't wanna use them, don't use them? I for one will be looking beast mode with my might set
    This 1000X...
    Remarkable how people find so many things to complain about. It almost seems people wait for something new to come out and immediately hate it regardless of what the benefits might actually be.

Edit: Apparently I cannot type today...
    Last edited by Suidoreh; 2011-04-25 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Seriously. Blizzard can't fucking win.
    haha so true..

tomorow they could nerf the launcher sound and poeple would cry cause they dont have a warning that they can log into WoW ...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    I really don't see how these heirlooms negatively affect the game, or even keep it at the same level. The heirlooms might be helpful for someone making their first tanking character and need the stats to help push them along.

Try seeing things from an inexperienced player's perspective.
    You'd have to be cruel to recommend for a new tank to wear these heirlooms. All they'd do is make that tank's job MUCH harder.

For tanking.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavko View Post
    Okay short answer... to make it easier to heal the dumbasses that don't know how to tank and wear dps gear in dungeons.

Also heirlooms exists to make lvling go faster. I don't you about you but some people don't like gathering X number pieces of shit and killing X number of mobs for 85 lvls even if it only takes about a week to grind.
    Errr you are supposed to wear dps gear while tanking leveling dungeons. That's what I'm saying. That's exactly what you are supposed to do. Tanking gear is the LAST thing you want to wear while tanking a leveling dungeon.

Well see, the OP feels like he knows more about tanking than anyone. It is pretty common to have 4 tanks and leveling them up, he wants to feel special so he wouldn't feel so pathetic when he shows off his 360 ilvl gear after 5 months of Cata. So I guess he has to level alts to feel like he's better than other people, when in reality pretty much most people have all 4 tanking alts.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    I believe quite a few people disagree with you there, me included.
    Then you're wrong and speaking out of ignorance.

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kimchii View Post
    Well see, the OP feels like he knows more about tanking than anyone. It is pretty common to have 4 tanks and leveling them up, he wants to feel special so he wouldn't feel so pathetic when he shows off his 360 ilvl gear after 5 months of Cata. So I guess he has to level alts to feel like he's better than other people, when in reality pretty much most people have all 4 tanking alts.
    No, most people never tank. Durp? What a weird comment. And your first sentence is obviously false and a direct indication that you don't know how to read.