Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
25
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Of course you strip threat off if you burn your cooldowns the second tank engages the boss. With "proper" gear, I'm using the term loosely, it just takes tad bit longer to generate the vengeance. Unless of course you are that crazy paladin who got unhittable with T11

    Patience is gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    I do miss the guild tag above my head mattering, back when I would get invites over other tanks on my warrior simply based on respect for the guild I was in and my reputation

  2. #282
    Herald of the Titans Varyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,741
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    My characters aren't garbage though. Why do you keep saying that? I still know many people that struggle with downing Magmaw on normal. In fact, the majority of people have never even killed a Cata raid boss. You do know this, right? You haven't become so out of touch with most WoW players that you don't know anything about what's been going down since Cata was released, have you? Sure seems like you have.

    Again, you've posted nothing worth responding to. It's like you don't even know what this thread is about. You're just babbling. It's a bit depressing actually. You think this is how people argue?
    Whatever helps you sleep at night sweetheart.

    Why are you bringing up other people? Change the subject more, why don't you? This is about you claiming to be an expert on tanking when you are in-fact...Not (at all). You've done nothing but dodge other people's arguments the entire thread. Saying "you don't have a point" Isn't making a point. It's you being so blatantly ignorant that you can't even begin to think that someone else out there could be right or that you are wrong.

    You obviously don't know what this thread is about either, otherwise the entire thread wouldn't be full of people providing facts that have proved you wrong time and time again. You weren't even aware that anti-magic shell didn't refund runic power, AND you argued it. It just shows that you don't know more than someone else. Something that you have claimed repetitively.

  3. #283
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Руссо Туристо
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    You'd have to be cruel to recommend for a new tank to wear these heirlooms. All they'd do is make that tank's job MUCH harder.
    You know that Paladins use mana instead of rage? So they are not affected with "rage" starvation. Stop QQing.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    I was actually talking about bosses. I can easily, without trying, strip boss threat off a tank in a 5 man unless he prioritized threat over avoidance. Real tanks gear for the content they are tanking.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but people (including you) suck. I can probably pull threat out off you on any class at any level. I also bet you can't pull threat off me (w/o taunts and shizzle like RF/BP etc) while I wear avoidance gear. Stop thinking you are God, you are not me.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Why do these heirlooms exist? They aren't necessary at all. Maybe a shield and a weapon. Nothing else is even remotely wanted.
    Speak for yourself, I want these badly, I have maxed JPs on 3 toons now so I can make sure to get them all tomorrow. I am rolling a new Warrior tank and leveling it up.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    I was actually talking about bosses. I can easily, without trying, strip boss threat off a tank in a 5 man unless he prioritized threat over avoidance. Real tanks gear for the content they are tanking.
    Really any dps worth their weight can probably out-threat a tank if they really wanted so I fail to see any value in this point. Again if you are having a problem keeping threat as a tank without wearing DPS gear you are doing it wrong.

  7. #287
    Epic! Masqerader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Where did I say I was upset? I'm curious as to why Blizzard wasted time and resources creating something that has zero use. That's all.

    shouldn't you be asking them on their forums? instead of making one here? or are you banned?

  8. #288
    High Overlord Alan3002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    189
    I've never seen so much hate on one person in a thread!
    I can see why though...

    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

  9. #289
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Welcome to Cata. That's not going to happen for a while. Probably not 2-3 more tiers for ret tanks, and groups will still be DESTROYED by not understanding mechanics. I'm looking at you, Stonecore...

    As for tanks "taking more damage to tank 5 mans better", that's blatantly WRONG. They're not changing gear to tank more damage. They're shifting to threat sets, which have the DISADVANTAGE of taking more damage. It's viewed as a disadvantage. It's KNOWN as a disadvantage. But it's part of being a tank - you have an avoidance set, a threat set, maybe even on that's a mix of both. Or maybe you have a block set for Anub heroic. Or a resist set for SSC/ Sindra. Or maybe a stam-set for a magic boss.

    See the trend? Different sets of gear for different things. NONE are focused on "taking more damage".

    Also, using wrath heroics, particularly near the end of wrath, is just silly. That's not the same as leveling AT ALL. Especially not cata normals WHILE LEVELING. Bring in 85s and it changes.
    No, it's not a disadvantage. It's well known that 5 man heroic bosses do not hit raid geared tanks enough to generate enough vengeance to cover 30k+ dps. VERY well known. Because Cata changed it so that a tank's threat is directly, linearly, related to the amount of damage he takes. Blame Blizzard for this one. Again, it's not a disadvantage. It's one of the primary reasons to strip avoidance from your gear. I'm sorry, but what you say leads me to believe that you don't know anything about tanking. You didn't even understand the difference between avoidance and mitigation, which is one of the most basic of basics. Regardless of any particular boss experience, I am vastly more experienced with the concept of tanking than you are. You are definitely outmatched here, my friend.

    Actually leveling dungeons are even easier than Wrath heroics were at the end of Wrath. Kind of my whole point. Funny that you missed it so much.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreth View Post
    This is the fastest moving thread, because your ignorance is entertaining

    Edit: Not ignorance, but arrogance
    This. I don't think i've ever seen someone as goofy as you Silk. DURR I'VE LEVELED EVERY TANK SO I KNOW THINGS. YOU SHOULD TAKE ALL THREAT STATS AND NO AVOIDANCE SO YOU CAN GET POUNDED BY BOSSES AND OOM THE HEALER BECAUSE I'M TOO DUMB TO WATCH MY THREAT AS A DPS.

    /popcorn

  11. #291
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Руссо Туристо
    Posts
    238
    Lol, OP having buttheart for no reason. You know, there are 3 plate tank specs, not 1 that you are talking about. And those heirlooms would be really nice for new Blood DKs as well.

  12. #292
    Epic! Masqerader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,520
    IDK maybe some who played a warrior on a different server might actually like being able to lvl another tank on a new server with the benefit of these items... just saying

  13. #293
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrius View Post
    You know that Paladins use mana instead of rage? So they are not affected with "rage" starvation. Stop QQing.
    You do know that threat has a linear relationship with damage done, right? That you hold threat using a threat modifier which directly results from the damage you do? That the more damage you do, the faster things die?

  14. #294
    People also seem to be neglecting we also get a str 1h now as part of the tank suite (maybe someone mentioned it but I'll admit I skipped some of the flamewar). That is more than worth it by itself. Not to mention it looks awesome.

    Edit: Also consider what you're doing with the heirlooms. My tanks don't by any means level exclusively in dungeons with healer support and associated threat necessities. Near-death aoe farming prioritizes survival stats, as does extensive 5 man solo work (Ring of Blood/Ampitheater of Anguish and just 3-5 player group quests in general). If you're doing just dungeons, you can use sp cloth if you want and not have a problem unless you get a reroll from Paranition.
    Last edited by Nightstormer; 2011-04-25 at 09:34 PM.
    Nightstormer of Azuremyst

  15. #295
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokiron View Post
    This. I don't think i've ever seen someone as goofy as you Silk. DURR I'VE LEVELED EVERY TANK SO I KNOW THINGS. YOU SHOULD TAKE ALL THREAT STATS AND NO AVOIDANCE SO YOU CAN GET POUNDED BY BOSSES AND OOM THE HEALER BECAUSE I'M TOO DUMB TO WATCH MY THREAT AS A DPS.

    /popcorn
    We're talking 5 mans here. Remember that. You posit a situation where a tank in a 5 man will take too much damage from a boss because of a lack of avoidance stats. Pardon me, but that's absolutely fucking hilarious. That would never happen. You must have never leveled a toon before to say something so laughably stupid.

  16. #296
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,932
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Nice attempt at saving face. I just wrecked your post man. Of COURSE tanks try and take more damage to tank 5 mans better. They've been doing this for years! This is obvious! If you don't know this, then you don't know anything about tanking. In Wrath, I would actually "tank" my daily 5 man in ret spec. Or I would stay a tank and my healer would go dps. We would never do 3 dps, 1 tank, 1 healer. We would do 4 dps and 1 tank or 4 dps and one healer. Why? Because the damage input was too low to be threatening.

    We are almost at that point in Cata heroic 5 mans. We've always been at that point in leveling 5 mans. Durp.
    Saving my face? You flatter yourself. If such a silly troll was able to do as much as put a dent in me...

    I'll say this once more: if you don't need a healer in the dungeon it means you do not pull enough at once. A tank holding 5,6,10 or however many groups you'd pull at once without overcharging the healer, allowing the group to AoE them all at once will always work better while leveling than going in dps gear and outputting a bit more DPS of your own thanks to few % of crit, haste and hit... And you know what? Said tanking gear might just account for an extra group or two.

    And Cata heroics... If you seriously intend to tank them in DPS gear then thank god I am from EU, diminishes chances of meeting you in LFD to 0%. There's nothing I hate more when I heal a random than the tank that forces me to spam heals to keep him up, running me oom and forcing to drink despite some 372 pieces in healing set.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    No, it's not a disadvantage. It's well known that 5 man heroic bosses do not hit raid geared tanks enough to generate enough vengeance to cover 30k+ dps. VERY well known. Because Cata changed it so that a tank's threat is directly, linearly, related to the amount of damage he takes. Blame Blizzard for this one. Again, it's not a disadvantage. It's one of the primary reasons to strip avoidance from your gear. I'm sorry, but what you say leads me to believe that you don't know anything about tanking. You didn't even understand the difference between avoidance and mitigation, which is one of the most basic of basics. Regardless of any particular boss experience, I am vastly more experienced with the concept of tanking than you are. You are definitely outmatched here, my friend.

    Actually leveling dungeons are even easier than Wrath heroics were at the end of Wrath. Kind of my whole point. Funny that you missed it so much.
    I define them slightly different. Oh noz. I must know nothing!

    Did you know that vengence scales with your health? Yeah. So you'll get hit for less, but your vengence stacks higher. It's more related to his health than damage taken.

    And yes, taking more damage is always a disadvantage as a tank. The SCALE of it may be different. In 5-mans, it might not be as much as it would be in raids.

    But why are we talking about raid tanks? I thought this was about leveling, as you've said quite a few times. So let's forget about those raid geared tanks and their threat stats.

    Let's talk about 80-84 in cata dungeons. Where they CANNOT EVER outgear the content. Where they CANNOT EVER get gear that makes them take more damage for threat because they are going to die. Their healer cannot make up for it. Their health cannot make up for it. They need avoidance, not "omg uber threat".

  18. #298
    Brewmaster Voidgazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Silent Hill
    Posts
    1,269
    Tanking heirlooms would only be useful fro people who want to level a tank and didn't get the plate heirlooms yet. Stats on DPS plate heirlooms are enough for tanking, and essentially it isn't what people buy these items for. The main benefit of using heirlooms is in experience gain boost, not the leveling stats on the gear.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

  19. #299
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan3002 View Post
    I've never seen so much hate on one person in a thread!
    I can see why though...
    People have always hated those that are obviously smarter than them.

  20. #300
    Herald of the Titans Varyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,741
    Anyone else having a blast embarrassing "Silkforcalde" post after post?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •