Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Saving my face? You flatter yourself. If such a silly troll was able to do as much as put a dent in me...

I'll say this once more: if you don't need a healer in the dungeon it means you do not pull enough at once. A tank holding 5,6,10 or however many groups you'd pull at once without overcharging the healer, allowing the group to AoE them all at once will always work better while leveling than going in dps gear and outputting a bit more DPS of your own thanks to few % of crit, haste and hit... And you know what? Said tanking gear might just account for an extra group or two.

And Cata heroics... If you seriously intend to tank them in DPS gear then thank god I am from EU, diminishes chances of meeting you in LFD to 0%. There's nothing I hate more when I heal a random than the tank that forces me to spam heals to keep him up, running me oom and forcing to drink despite some 372 pieces in healing set.
    Don't you know? Spam healing and ending up with the group at 10% is the only fun way to heal, according to him.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Regardless of any particular boss experience, I am vastly more experienced with the concept of tanking than you are. You are definitely outmatched here, my friend.
    Bask in the hilarity, mmo-champion.

Actually leveling dungeons are even easier than Wrath heroics were at the end of Wrath. Kind of my whole point
    not when cata dungeons first came out,maybe they are now.but seeing as how im not a casual and care more about the 10-25 man content i dont really care all that much in the first place

the only reason why im even running them lately is jp for heirlooms for a druid i made,but meh.ill run the troll raids,and if pugs are as godawful as they were when the cata heroics first came out.ill be like "well,that was ok i guess.back to being bored out of my mind the entire day"
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2011-04-25 at 09:36 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that threat has a linear relationship with damage done, right? That you hold threat using a threat modifier which directly results from the damage you do? That the more damage you do, the faster things die?
    The thing is, it's really easy to hold threat in lvl15-75 bracket. Usually tanks outDPS every other calss/spec. Just Cons/HotR and mobs stuck on you forever util you hit lvl80 content.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I define them slightly different. Oh noz. I must know nothing!
    What?!?!

You DEFINE them differently? AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

We're done here. That was quite possibly the most idiotic thing I've seen said on these forums.

People have always hated those that are obviously smarter than them.
    Then I'm not surprised that you hate everyone here.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Anyone else having a blast embarrassing "Silkforcalde" post after post?
    LOL? I've embarrassed you. You have said nothing of worth. You've done nothing but some armory creeping which is laughable and the first sign that you have no idea what you are talking about.

What?!?!

You DEFINE them differently? AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

We're done here. That was quite possibly the most idiotic thing I've seen said on these forums.
    I define avoidance as something that's not 100%. That's actually how it was in wrath/ bc when I was tanking.

You seem to think a chance on not taking damage is mitigation, which classically has been a flat decrease in damage taken. That will always be avoidance for me.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Then I'm not surprised that you hate everyone here.
    That was weak bro, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Bask in the hilarity, mmo-champion.
    I'm rly starting to think this guy is some sort of terrible comedian....with down syndrome. Like he just doesn't understand how wrong he actually is.

He's a snowflake. That's for sure.

No, it's not a disadvantage. It's well known that 5 man heroic bosses do not hit raid geared tanks enough to generate enough vengeance to cover 30k+ dps. VERY well known.
    i'd like to point out, i tank heroics for my guild on my dk, my dk reforges out of every single hit/expertise to maximize avoidance/mastery.
    the dps in my party is all raid geared, some are in their heroic raid gear, they pull from 24k dps, up to 29k dps

i have _NEVER_ had any issues with threat on ANY 5 man dungeon boss with my avoidance/mastery set, EVER. and they go full out with cooldowns from the start. i'm betting more tanks in here can quote me on this, and they have the same experience. if you fail to keep threat, it's a l2p issue, it really is. the only time i ever loose threat in boss fights, are fights which consists of adds that spawn mid fight and you tank, and i do not have a lot of runes off cooldown. (like that first boss in throne of tides)

threat is a none-issue so far in cata, even with heroic raid geared dps and a tank in avoidance set. if you really were an expert on tanking, you'd know that... but you aren't.

Why do these heirlooms exist?
    We know Blizzard wants to encourage people to play tanks. Giving them access to gear appropriate to the role (like every other role generally gets) is not only smart for the sake of helping players identify with that role, it also fosters gear/stat awareness. People leveling with these heirlooms are going to be far less inclined to try and tank in DPS gear. They will know the difference, and perhaps most importantly, will have experienced it.

This should also have a positive effect on healers, since they will have a less difficult time healing through leveling instances on the average, and will probably be more willing to heal in max level instances and endgame content.

The real question is why does this bother anyone? It's another option being given to the player. If you don't like it, don't use it; DPS plate heirlooms are not being eliminated as a result of this inclusion.
    Contrary to popular belief, I do not eat babies... I merely gnaw on them.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I define avoidance as something that's not 100%. That's actually how it was in wrath/ bc when I was tanking.

You seem to think a chance on not taking damage is mitigation, which classically has been a flat decrease in damage taken. That will always be avoidance for me.
    No, that's never how it was defined. Avoidance has always been avoiding an attack and mitigation has always been removing a portion of the damage. Always. All you've said here is that you've never known the proper definition of the terms you use. Nothing else.

You do know that threat has a linear relationship with damage done, right? That you hold threat using a threat modifier which directly results from the damage you do? That the more damage you do, the faster things die?
    Racehorses have their eyes patched so they don't see anywhere else, but what's in front of them. You're not a racehorse, are you? You're trying desperately to prove something obvious while ignoring everything else. There's more to this game than the linear relationship between threat and damage.

Anyone else having a blast embarrassing "Silkforcalde" post after post?
    Oh, Oh!

I do.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...random-heroics

I thought you knew everything about tanking?
    Now im sad :-(
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rly starting to think this guy is some sort of terrible comedian....with down syndrome. Like he just doesn't understand how wrong he actually is.

He's a snowflake. That's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    i'd like to point out, i tank heroics for my guild on my dk, my dk reforges out of every single hit/expertise to maximize avoidance/mastery.
    the dps in my party is all raid geared, some are in their heroic raid gear, they pull from 24k dps, up to 29k dps

i have _NEVER_ had any issues with threat on ANY 5 man dungeon boss with my avoidance/mastery set, EVER. and they go full out with cooldowns from the start. i'm betting more tanks in here can quote me on this, and they have the same experience. if you fail to keep threat, it's a l2p issue, it really is. the only time i ever loose threat in boss fights, are fights which consists of adds that spawn mid fight and you tank, and i do not have a lot of runes off cooldown. (like that first boss in throne of tides)

threat is a none-issue so far in cata, even with heroic raid geared dps and a tank in avoidance set. if you really were an expert on tanking, you'd know that... but you aren't.
    Hah. I'd pull threat off you in seconds. Easily. Trust me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Seriously. Blizzard can't fucking win.
    agree. Blizzard gave us Heirlooms in the first place to aid in the leveling process, and although someone like you may not like them- trust me, every player who has/is or wants to level other characters rather than the main one they play really appreciate them. i fail to see how adding a few pieces with actual tank stats can make anything worse.. how exactly does "tank gear gimp you in dungeons"?

...aren't tank stats.. for tanks.. to tank with?

/confused
    "Yogg keeps sending me tells, and I can't figure out how to put him on ignore.. >=\ "
    "Don't bother, he'll just make another toon."

Deleted
    This thread should be stickied and then used as an example in:

"How To Make Sure That Everyone Thinks You Are A C**t" Guide

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan3002 View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...random-heroics

I thought you knew everything about tanking?
    Now im sad :-(
    A YEAR ago? Wow, that's some dedicated stalking. Boring day?