Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    /facepalm

You DO realize we are talking about tanking using tanking heirlooms vs dps heirlooms, right? THEY BOTH HAVE THE 10% BONUS, GENIUS.

You failed 9th grade, didn't you?
    The point was it would be faster than using non-heirloom gear. You've got a real attitude problem.
    Last edited by madyrn; 2011-04-26 at 12:13 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    ya im sure all the best guilds on blackrock invite in druids in full pvp gear
    Yes, because there's NEVER been another player that had more than one set of gear. Never. No one EVER logs out in their PVP gear when they have PVE gear in their bags. Never been done before.

Durp.

/facepalm

I can't believe you just posted that. And you people wonder why I talk so condescendingly to you all. This is why.

If you used these heirlooms outside of dungeons, and you had the dps heirlooms, then I'm sorry but you don't have the ability to think.

YOU CAN PULL AS MANY MOBS AROUND YOU AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN BEFORE LEASHING WITHOUT EVEN WEARING HEIRLOOMS WHILE LEVELING A TANK.

Because this isn't a single player game.
    That may be the case now, I haven't checked everywhere post shattering. That sure as hell wasn't true pre shattering, if you went to places with concentrated mobs for that purpose.

Let me break it down nice and simple for you. Don't want to use them? DON'T USE THEM.
    The downsides are... yep, that was all of them
    The upsides are
    -people who want tanking gear have it.
    -People who want to pvp and be harder to kill have it.
    -People who like RP and being able to see someone and go "thanks a tank!" have it.
    -It CAN make it possible to pull more.You say you didn't pug, so you don't realize that yes some healers do suck that bad*, and it CAN make it possible to pull more. Your experience is not every experience. Your statements in this regard PROVED you do not know more about leveling tanking than others.
    -It allows pulling more mobs in concentrated areas
    -It allows pulling more mobs in dungeons when you're doing it with no healer.
    -It allows completionists to have heirloom gear fitting for each role, even if it isn't most effective. That's not always relevant for completionists.

You state your opinions that it's worthless as facts. They aren't. The RP one alone is indisputable.
    There is reason to have them. There's essentially no reason not to.

Oh, and you're OBSCENELY arrogant for claiming you know all there is to know about leveling tanking and no one could possibly know more. Quick, name every optimal tank enchant for leveling, without looking it up.

*dk tanks don't start at level 1. If that's all you pugged with, you obviously have a gap in your knowledge. Bet you won't admit that though.

Quote Originally Posted by madyrn View Post
    The point was it would be faster than using non-heirloom gear. You've got a real attitude problem. Link your toons so we can all see the truth. Otherwise, you're full of sh*t.
    check his sig..

honestly, there's disliking/ disagreeing and being dumb about it :\

that goes for both sides, really

It will make tanking harder, dude, that's the whole point behind this thread.
    As I said it will teach them what kind of stats they should look for when they outgrow those pieces. The higher amounts of stamina and strength will also give them a larger margin of error making tanking more forgiving for mistakes.

There's no way you can tell me tanking heirlooms will make things easier than they already are.
    Then son this is not a discussion but more you grandstanding your unpopular opinion. End of line.

Here you go angel:

"No one out there has more knowledge than me about leveling tanks. Maybe as much knowledge, but no more. "

Is this really so hard to understand? I didn't even use any big words to hurt your wee little brain
    maybe is not strong enough to humble you

Signature by Kenz

Ofcourse they aren't needed and may even hinder things such as rage regen but they are useful. You get the xp bonus and don't have to worry about upgrading those items while leveling. If there were only healer and dps heirlooms you know there would be a lot of qq by tanks.

Here you go angel:

"No one out there has more knowledge than me about leveling tanks. Maybe as much knowledge, but no more. "

Is this really so hard to understand? I didn't even use any big words to hurt your wee little brain
    The very best part of this quote is, you actually think it's true. I cannot imagine how arrogant you must be in real life. You're going to have one hard comedown when you realize that there is always someone out there that knows more than you. Always. I hope this arrogance is just limited to warcraft haha. If you feel that way in real life too... oh my.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angelx7x View Post
    lol @ tanks being the hardest raid spot to find when you're looking to join a guild, dps is the hardest spot to be looking for when searching out a guild, because there are alot more people that are competing for the spot, tanks have to compete with a low number of other tanks for 1 of 2 (maybe 3 for 25 man) tank spots.
    Tank spots are by far the most difficult spot. As a guild officer in my last guild, we had to turn down several tanks a week while we tried to fill our core dps roster. And yes, dps was the hardest to fill by far. Because most dpers are just mindless facerollers that think WotLK was the pinnacle of WoW because nearly every boss just let them stand in one spot and nuke. And that's all their capable of. You wouldn't believe how many dpsers are out there that just straight destroy the meters on a fight where they are allowed to stand there and nuke and how fast their dps plummets into laughable 10k levels when they are required to move or interrupt or whatever.

Tank spots are fiercely contested and fought over. In a 25 man raiding group, you typically have 2 / 3 tanks, 15-18dpsers, and 5-7 healers. Which of those do you think would be the hardest to get in as? Tanks are in demand for 5 man LFG pugs. Tanks are not in demand for raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit! 25 pages!

Who cares if they add tanking gear? If you do not want it, just don't buy it.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I am really happy for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    check his sig..

honestly, there's disliking/ disagreeing and being dumb about it :\

that goes for both sides, really
    Yeah, I checked it. I don't usually bother even looking at sigs. I generally just read the posts themselves. I edited the reply though.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Holy shit! 25 pages!

Who cares if they add tanking gear? If you do not want it, just don't buy it.
    Surely, you jest. What's the point of having a severe narcissistic personality disorder if you can't inflict it on other people?

Tank spots are by far the most difficult spot. As a guild officer in my last guild, we had to turn down several tanks a week while we tried to fill our core dps roster. And yes, dps was the hardest to fill by far. Because most dpers are just mindless facerollers that think WotLK was the pinnacle of WoW because nearly every boss just let them stand in one spot and nuke. And that's all their capable of. You wouldn't believe how many dpsers are out there that just straight destroy the meters on a fight where they are allowed to stand there and nuke and how fast their dps plummets into laughable 10k levels when they are required to move or interrupt or whatever.

Tank spots are fiercely contested and fought over. In a 25 man raiding group, you typically have 2 / 3 tanks, 15-18dpsers, and 5-7 healers. Which of those do you think would be the hardest to get in as? Tanks are in demand for 5 man LFG pugs. Tanks are not in demand for raids.
    In my experience, from hardest to fill to easiest to fill (Read: Purely as far as numbers and applicants go. A skillfull player in that spot is a completely different story), it goes Healers, DPS, then tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this guy is a pretty good troll lol bravo sir /clap... and if ur not trolling ur just plain retarded get out of the basement. and plz spare the comment of how good ur life is doing cus its a lie just like the cake

Yes, because there's NEVER been another player that had more than one set of gear. Never. No one EVER logs out in their PVP gear when they have PVE gear in their bags. Never been done before.

Durp.

/facepalm

I can't believe you just posted that. And you people wonder why I talk so condescendingly to you all. This is why.
    more then 1 gear set doesnt matter.you logged with your pvp gear on.they will see you in full pvp gear,and wont invite you

i dont even know why im arguing with you.because its fairly obvious your pretty retarded,and for someone who says he can easily get into one of the top guilds on your server.you dont really seem like you know how guilds like that work

It will make tanking harder, dude, that's the whole point behind this thread. There's no way you can tell me tanking heirlooms will make things easier than they already are.
    Too bad that wasn't your original claim. Shall we look again?
    Why do these heirlooms exist? They aren't necessary at all. Maybe a shield and a weapon. Nothing else is even remotely wanted.
    Typical backpedaling when your views have been proven to be wrong. Change up what you said.
    Obviously they are wanted check the thread.
    There are reasons they exist. I gave a bunch in a post a minute ago, someone else pointed out it helps people learn which stats they should be going for as well.
    And for about the billionth time. DUNGEONS ARE NOT THE ONLY PLACE TO USE HEIRLOOMS.
    They can be used while leveling and in pvp. Limiting it to dungeons with your ridiculous opinion is like screaming and ranting "There is nothing blue in nature!" while staring at the grass and refusing to look at the sky. Sorry buddy, dungeons aren't the whole game. EVEN if we said they were 100% useless in dungeons (and they aren't), that doesn't change the fact they're useful in pvp, roleplaying, questing, and educating people.

YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ormula View Post
    In my experience, from hardest to fill to easiest to fill (Read: Purely as far as numbers and applicants go. A skillfull player in that spot is a completely different story), it goes Healers, DPS, then tanks.
    I may not have been as clear as I should've been. I was saying it was hardest to get into a core raiding group as a tank, but it was hardest to fill a core raiding group for the dps spots, at least for competent players. I think the reason most dpsers play dps instead of heal or tank isn't because they wouldn't find the role unfun, it's because they are incapable of performing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula View Post
    On the other side, a raid doesn't get far without 2 (or 3) skill (off-) tanks.

That means that once they're filled, they're FILLED... and generally with people that don't leave. Getting into one of those spots requires a tank to basically die with no one in guild to fill the spot, or someone in guild to fill it that's only temporary

Let's talk about the OP's dps spec. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ierax/advanced since he isn't logged out as a tank.

First, you lack the engineering tinker on your gloves for the strength on use bonus for your epic gloves you picked up on March 17th. So over one month later, you apparently can't even set up a piece of gear properly.

Second, you have expertise enchant on your bracers instead of strength. This is a net dps loss when you can reforge another stat away on other gear to get back to the 26 soft cap. You are definitely not a min/max player with a high skill level seeing as you can't even afford to put enchants on any of your gear if they require a Maelstrom Crystal. This definitely shows laziness on your part as a raider. I can see why your guild's progression is low if they have these kinds of lazy egotistical players.

Third, you put Cogwheels in your helm for Crit and Mastery, which is great and completely what a warrior should go for.... but then you turn around and reforge crit away on your gloves for mastery instead of reforging the haste.

Fourth, Avalanche on your weapon? Seriously? If you're going to go arms, you only have one weapon to put Landslide on. So lazy.

I could keep going on, but really, I don't see where your ego stems from. You are worse than some of those people that post on the "Rate the insert class here above you" threads. At least they don't have egos and ask for help when they know they need it.