Poll: Should Blizzard add more PvP content?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Another terrible thing is the currency conversion: Honor>JP / JP>Honor & CP>VP / VP>CP. Goes to show you that PvP is really just the one-legged freak show in the PvE circus.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Another view from a PvE hero, you're completely missing the point, PvP and now a massive part of wow, its an E-sport so like it or not blizz will have to keep balancing and adding to it. Also why cant they add new maps there is a PvE Dev team and a PvP dev team, If you reply please actually read instead of just being narrow minded thanks.
    World of Warcraft has been in competitive circuits since The Burning Crusade. Do you consider any patch we've had since then to be tournament-ready? I don't think so one bit.

Hunters get to duel wield that would be sweet. Duel wield guns!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    post this exact same poll in the raids forum and you would get the exact opposite.

Therefore: poll is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozaparks View Post
    Another terrible thing is the currency conversion: Honor>JP / JP>Honor & CP>VP / VP>CP. Goes to show you that PvP is really just the one-legged freak show in the PvE circus.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 10:18 AM ----------

World of Warcraft has been in competitive circuits since The Burning Crusade. Do you consider any patch we've had since then to be tournament-ready? I don't think so one bit.
    Hmm i think with any game there are flaws, this being an MMO means things each "season" will be op, certain specs/gear builds ect ive played TR for the last 4 seasons and i dont think its terrible i find more inbalances in games like HoN certain heroes with certain items ect. But yeah i think wow is tournament ready most of the time, hell the TR at the end of this season will be fine imo after 4.1. In a multiplayer game where people play 30+ specs (with all those little things you can change ect).

This game will never be perfectly balanced due to blizz having to balance around 2 totally different types of gameplay, people say separate PvE and PvP skills but Guild Wars did this and still failed, some builds in GW were constantly OP but still had counters, Toucher rangers, shock warriors, monks in general, E/D (earth/earth elementalist/dervish) just a few off the top of my head. There is no way to fix it but to make arena a COMPLETELY separate game which then would ruin wow as so many people like to PvP when not raiding.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    post this exact same poll in the raids forum and you would get the exact opposite.

Therefore: poll is pointless.
    Why ask people who dont pvp about pvp, see the issue here?

Hmm i think with any game there are flaws, this being an MMO means things each "season" will be op, certain specs/gear builds ect ive played TR for the last 4 seasons and i dont think its terrible i find more inbalances in games like HoN certain heroes with certain items ect. But yeah i think wow is tournament ready most of the time, hell the TR at the end of this season will be fine imo after 4.1. In a multiplayer game where people play 30+ specs (with all those little things you can change ect).

This game will never be perfectly balanced due to blizz having to balance around 2 totally different types of gameplay, people say separate PvE and PvP skills but Guild Wars did this and still failed, some builds in GW were constantly OP but still had counters, Toucher rangers, shock warriors, monks in general, E/D (earth/earth elementalist/dervish) just a few off the top of my head. There is no way to fix it but to make arena a COMPLETELY separate game which then would ruin wow as so many people like to PvP when not raiding.
    I've just come up in a different gaming background, I think. World of Warcraft was my first MMO I ever picked up when I started in 2005. Before that I was used to competitive Counter-Strike in leagues like CAL. I guess it's just personal preference, but the best competitive titles are those like Counter-Strike. The only variables that could effect the judging of skill are what guns you use. Everything else is the same. Games like that make the best competitive and tournament-ready titles in my opinion.

World of Warcraft just seems too dynamic and iffy to be a good competitive title.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozaparks View Post
    I've just come up in a different gaming background, I think. World of Warcraft was my first MMO I ever picked up when I started in 2005. Before that I was used to competitive Counter-Strike in leagues like CAL. I guess it's just personal preference, but the best competitive titles are those like Counter-Strike. The only variables that could effect the judging of skill are what guns you use. Everything else is the same. Games like that make the best competitive and tournament-ready titles in my opinion.

World of Warcraft just seems too dynamic and iffy to be a good competitive title.
    Point taken i was also a CS 1.5/1.6 player played CAL and SGL reguarly for 5-6 years, but you cant compare the two the two games require two completely different skill sets :P i think both are good tournament games, play the tournament realm at the end of this season and see for your self its essentially the same as WCG and MLG minus the big stage and cameras

Quote Originally Posted by Spondoo View Post
    I think Blizzard needs to fix classes before they start adding retarded, buggy, and 'innovative' PvP.
    theyve been trying to fix classes for i dunno how long like 6+ years. It's pointless to think theyll ever be done it would be nice to have some more pvp rather than playing the same like 8 BGs and arenas.

Point taken i was also a CS 1.5/1.6 player played CAL and SGL reguarly for 5-6 years, but you cant compare the two the two games require two completely different skill sets :P i think both are good tournament games, play the tournament realm at the end of this season and see for your self its essentially the same as WCG and MLG minus the big stage and cameras
    I think I may try and play at the end of the season so that I at least have first hand experience to shape my opinions. I know they are different games, but I wasn't necessarily comparing the skill sets both games require. I was really commenting on what I believe to be a winning formula for a good, balanced competitive title. If you really look at the history of competitive tournaments and what games they support, you'll find that most if not all are really really balanced well.

I know we've been through the discussion previously about how much harder World of Warcraft is to balance, but that doesn't give it a free ride with an excuse as to why it's not balanced. Anyway, we'll see how WCG plays out and even future events involving World of Warcraft. Like I said earlier I'm a huge advocate of actual gaming, PC gaming. Anything that gets people to pick up the mouse and keyboard is good.

Deleted
    Bounty System pl0x?!!!

Go to my sig and read up on what I think would be a good implementation.

its the playerbase not the game.
    Very, very nicely put.

10+ Year Old Account
    They added Isle of Conquest... I know, I laughed too. There needs to be something I can't think of that needs to happen to have PvP have a central role to the game like PvE is.

Deleted
    A while back, I thought it would be a good idea if one day a week - Friday, Saturday, I don't know - a randomly chosen zone (Out of a set - nothing ridiculously one-sided like Elwynn, or anything too annoying like Vashj'ir) was set to PvP. Even on PvE realms you're flagged upon entrance. Quest givers are stationed at the biggest towns, providing 85 quests similar to those in WG.

Kill 5 players. Completing it lets you hand it in from your position, and chains to kill 10 players - which chains to kill 20.

Collect X of Y. Flowers, crystals, weapons, whatever. There's stuff on the floor in certain areas (Eg, for Duskwood, the highlighted areas on your map are Vul'Gol Ogremound, Raven Hill and The Rotting Orchard. For Tanaris it's Dunemaul Compound, Valley of the Watchers and Sandsorrow Watch. You get the idea), and killing a player and 'looting' their body provides extra.

The quests provide tokens. The tokens can be exchanged for PvP gear. Honestly, I think it sounds pretty awesome, but I know Blizzard would never do it because it might get in the way of one level 42 guy trying to level in Tanaris when he could be in any number of other places - and disturbing his grind to have some enjoyable world PvP is just unacceptable.

Obviously the server imbalances would cause a bit of an issue, but I have a resolution. It's not perfect, but it's okay. If one side has more players than the other, any more of the advantaged side who join are automatically unflagged for PvP (And they're warned as they enter the area that this is the case), and unable to flag themselves or attack the other side. If the other side gain more players, they're automatically flagged and able to attack.

I just want some PvP action without flags, arenas or vehicles...

Hell yes.

With a bajillion and one raids and a bajillion and two heroics I'd hope to god they'd be able to add more than 10 total PvP maps in the entire game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerpoker View Post
    They need to add something... No real suggestions though, so I guess I shouldnt complain.
    i guess that's what everyone thinks xD it's easy to say add more things.. but most can't really be specific.
    Last edited by mmocb78c8f6d53; 2011-04-27 at 01:04 AM.

Awesome !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by spurmwhale View Post
    they desperately need to add another facet to the pvp side, preferably something that is persistent, and not q in so players aren't constantly getting bored with the same limited, almost crossover pigeon-holed activites they currently have between bg or arena or don't play wow

whether its bounty hunting, guild vs guild wars(would be awesome if you could declare war against guilds and fight anywhere/anyplace, even in town), guild houses that can be sieged that isn't instanced, etc....something needs to be added because the current options are way too narrow and unfulfilling unless you happen to love ratings and ladder competition to a fault (this is a goddamn mmorpg btw, who would've known with how instanced and detached the whole pvp system is)

I'd just like old AV back. Massive cluster of f*ck, and I loved it. Maybe:

Add back the NPC's at each tower/GY
    Give them a ton of health/wrecktastic damage
    Add in more buffs for players to earn (crazy ones)
    Make it so that they spawn in waves (ex. Drek won't pop up to be killed until you've killed X number of generals on the battlefield)
    Increase the amount of honor gained for keeping towers up enough to encourage defense
    Get rid of reinforcements
    Get rid of DR on honor gain

Back in the day AV felt like a war. They'd rage for hours (sometimes days). I remember leaving AV after 6 hours, going to sleep for 8, and queueing back into the same one. That was badass. Gief plz.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

I like that word... e-bajango

Ye i feel like Blizz is ignoring PvP atm :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    they desperately need to add another facet to the PvP side, preferably something that is persistent, and not Q in so players aren't constantly getting bored with the same limited, almost crossover pigeon-holed activites they currently have between BG or Arena or don't play WoW :P

Whether its bounty hunting, guild vs guild wars(would be AWESOME if you could declare war against guilds and fight anywhere/anyplace, even in town), guild houses that can be sieged that isn't instanced, etc....SOMETHING needs to be added because the current options are WAY too narrow and unfulfilling unless you happen to love ratings and ladder competition to a fault :P(this is a goddamn MMORPG btw, who would've known with how instanced and detached the whole PvP system is)
    Yeah. Except, you know, how unstable the world servers are. I can't remember how many times my pvp guild crashed the world servers in vanilla with just like 40ish of us raiding a city- Or what happens when 3 attack raids show up for a Varian Kill.

Like, if TB happened inside Stormwind, no one would participate.

That's why everything is instanced. Non-instanced stuff is "OMG AWESOME" in retrospect, but I for certainly didn't enjoy lagging across a zone for the AQ gate opening, or afklagging the Eranikus event or even massive green dragon kills or Azshara wars.

Personally, I don't see a compelling reason for non-instanced pvp outside 'immersion', but if you're in need of that far of an escape from reality, I suggest you immerse yourself in some therapy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    TB and WG are not Island of quell'danas!! not even wanabes!!

They are big areas and the quests are to far away for pvp to battle, while in quell'danas every quest zone was nearby, you also had a raid there that ppl raided every day not just one time a week and was available for raiding by both factions at same time, and you had NPCs there with PVE/PVP gear there to by and quartermasters and they were shared by both factions witch made for lots of PVP combat engagements.

In WG and TB you dont have that! in TB you have a fucking zone that only one faction can quest there at a time -.-