Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Sometimes the best villan is one you know nothing about.

One that looks unstoppable right until the end, where you face destruction, and through strength, courage and tenacity, you push through and find a way to finish them off for good.

Instead it feels like a normal alien invasion instead of the ancient machine gods of eons past decending to reap what they sow.

I'm still not sure how that feeling is lost. We did no damage to any Reapers in ME2, and they are still portrayed as unstoppable foes. It took the combined efforts of every Citadel race to stop ONE. It just confuses me where you lost that feeling of them being ancient machine gods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Rofl you know nothing about the Reapers or where they came from.
    Where they came from? No.

But you pretty much learn they are a race of machines that harvest the highest potential species from the galaxy every 50,000 years so they can reproduce by creating a ship-like chassis for a core developed from the remains of the species harvested and assimilated with Reaper tech.

Yea and we still have no idea how to stop them. Mass Effect 3 actually starts off with Earth being overrun with a sense of hopelessness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana View Post
    I'm still not sure how that feeling is lost. We did no damage to any Reapers in ME2, and they are still portrayed as unstoppable foes. It took the combined efforts of every Citadel race to stop ONE. It just confuses me where you lost that feeling of them being ancient machine gods.
    Because they show too much emotion in the drawup between Mass effect 2 and onto 3.

They purposely go after earth. Why do they need to do that? What logic do they have instead of starting from one end and wiping it clean in a big long sweep?

It makes them look to have weakness THEY see in themselves, that they need to pinpoint out humanity as a sepreate enemy over the combined efforts of the citadel races, the ones who TOOK part in destroying Sovreign.

I just feel the reapers are a case of "less is more" at least until the end when you actually have to face them.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 09:40 PM ----------

Yea and we still have no idea how to stop them. Mass Effect 3 actually starts off with Earth being overrun with a sense of hopelessness.
    When we destroyed a reaper by shooting at it enough times, I am sure the reapers around earth using the HIGHLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY of metal tendril smacking. will be shot to shit by the end is done.

Remember you START on earth, and it is not CONFINED to earth, those reapers are going to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    . will be shot to shit by the end is done.
    Everything dies if you shoot it enough times.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Everything dies if you shoot it enough times.
    Doesn't look very good on your resume as a good memorable badguy if you are shot to shit because you tried smacking things with your squidlegs instead of shooting stuff with large mass effect cannons or other space magic weapons the reapers should have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't look very good on your resume as a good memorable badguy if you are shot to shit because you tried smacking things with your squidlegs instead of shooting stuff with large mass effect cannons or other space magic weapons the reapers should have.
    They do have that. Sovereign was lighting things up with the lasers on the end of his tentacles. The Turians used his remains to develop the incredibly powerful Thanix cannon for the new Normandy. Isn't Earth technically on the outside of the galaxy anyway? Besides, it makes sense from a tactical point of view. Take out the strongest race first and leave everything else in complete chaos, why not? You start on Earth because that is where you are put on trial. The Reapers DESTROY Earth, and Earth is lost, you are forced to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana View Post
    They do have that. Sovereign was lighting things up with the lasers on the end of his tentacles. The Turians used his remains to develop the incredibly powerful Thanix cannon for the new Normandy. Isn't Earth technically on the outside of the galaxy anyway? Besides, it makes sense from a tactical point of view. Take out the strongest race first and leave everything else in complete chaos, why not?
    Because they are supposed to be above such thing. They should just move in and start system by system, systematically wipe out the galaxy from that point onwards.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

i dont like ANY Bioware games. If i wanted to read that much text I would read a book, thanks

You play WoW. You read nothing but text with no good voice acting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Because they are supposed to be above such thing. They should just move in and start system by system, systematically wipe out the galaxy from that point onwards.
    Exactly. I thought the reapers were.. well.. reapers. You don't see a combine harvester going after that one crooked corn shoot because it might not go through the shredder easily. it just mows down everything in it's path, uncaring.

They should be more machine like and less like twily mustache villans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post

But by that logic that would make them even more predictable, which is a negative aspect to a few of the people in here.

Disliked it becuase it kept dumping a readers digest on me every 5 minutes,you are supposed to weave exposition into the story not take a text dump at random.If anything the game needed a editor, possibly one armed with laser powered pruning sheers.Its like a jrpg except they only use maybe 6 colors throughout the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by thediceman View Post
    Disliked it becuase it kept dumping a readers digest on me every 5 minutes,you are supposed to weave exposition into the story not take a text dump at random.If anything the game needed a editor, possibly one armed with laser powered pruning sheers.Its like a jrpg except they only use maybe 6 colors throughout the entire thing.
    Care to explain this? The longest cutscene in the game is the intro, which isn't even that long...

Do you mean the dialogue? You know, the system that ME became famous for?

Maybe you should just stick to CoD Nazi Zombies and Michael Bay movies.

And The Fiend, we still know almost nothing about the Reapers motives. We know that they want us to procreate with, but we don't know why. Think about it; why would they need to procreate? Until that question is answered, they are still unknowable robot gods who are only toying with us on some unknown fancy.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Care to explain this? The longest cutscene in the game is the intro, which isn't even that long...

Do you mean the dialogue? You know, the system that ME became famous for?

Maybe you should just stick to CoD Nazi Zombies and Michael Bay movies.
    I think he was talking about the vast amount of info you get in the codex. It's amazingly detailed and mostly interesting, but it's a bit daunting trying to read and remember it all.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingcooKiljaeden View Post
    i dont like ANY Bioware games. If i wanted to read that much text I would read a book, thanks
    /speechless ... I mean come on, sounds like you have the attention span of a dungbeetle.

---------- Post added 2011-04-27 at 12:49 PM ----------

You play WoW. You read nothing but text with no good voice acting.
    That's debatable, Dragon Age had some horrible voice acting aswell.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I liked ME2, but I never finished ME1 cause i got bored during the "explore 500 random planets with no relation to the story" part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    I liked ME2, but I never finished ME1 cause i got bored during the "explore 500 random planets with no relation to the story" part.
    The only time that comes up is if you wish to do random side quest themed stuff and for achievements, in terms of the main quest you can choose to only visit the planets to do with the story, which afaik is only around 4/5 before you unlock the relay.

Deleted
    I'm sure you're right; still made me get bored of the game tho (as im kind of a completionist at that sort of stuff and tried to collect all rare items).