Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Favorite SC2 Build

So whats your favorite build in sc2??

mine is fast expand as toss.
    I see dead people and blood in my blades.

2 rax rine Thor.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Deleted
    I've not played it seriously enough to know any proper builds as such, I do like to make lots and lots and lots of mutalisks though

10+ Year Old Account
    6 pool drones all in
    You better herp yourself before you derp yourself.

Korean 4WG. Works most of the time vs. Protoss and Zerg, unless the Zerg does some sort of 1 base play. Usually if it doesn't finish them off immediately it does enough damage to allow me to transition into something else, usually 4 gate + Stargate. Phoenixes into Carriers.

Against Terran I usually like the 3 gate expand of a simple 4 gate, usually into colossus.

hatchery block ... not very successful tactics.. but ..well..it's fun

Deleted
    I used to do a 10 Pool Speedling rush on the enemy, and then transition into quick-tech into Mutalisk. Was most effective against Zerg but sometimes against Protoss Cannons I can harass.

I now do the 7 Roach Rush, only once I could do an economical harass but I very quickly bump out my economy after the initial attack (if it even works).

The 4WG Rush was great but it didn't work out for me all that often, unorthodox builds somehow beat it lol. 7RR Let's me get the economic advantage since the psychological factor kicks in and they think I may attack - that's what usually happens with the 10Pool Speedling.

- H

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the speedling fast expand. Quick speed for zerglings + an expansion to boot.

WhiteRa's air only PvZ build, carriers/voidray/mothership.

Mass Queens.

Tried it out for Day9's Funday Monday, and fell in love.
    http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/4737137/

Fun stuff.

Edit: Almost forgot to link the video where ROOTCatZ shows off the Massing of the Queens.
    http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/4737515/
    Last edited by ixirawr; 2011-04-26 at 12:03 AM.

SCV rush. jk
    I like doing void ray mass, build 2 stargates by the time my cibernetics core is up
    while the stargates are being made I expand
    if I do it right, I can build 2 voidrays already and go do a backdoor job on the enemy base

10+ Year Old Account
    Forge fast expand

Deleted
    3gate expand well depends but i do that alot

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin535 View Post
    Korean 4WG.
    Should try the Korean 5WG Zealot build. It's hilarious.

As for me...
    PvT - I LOVE going Zealot Sentry with fast charge and fast +3 armor. It DESTORYS bio, so very, very, very bad.

ZvT -High econ-Double Evo-cracklings(Aka "WTF WHY DO YOU ONLY HAVE LINGS?!". Maybe sprinkle in some Infestors if need be. Eventually make a few Ultras. It works shockingly well vs Marine Tank. Use in team games for added hilarity of your partners spazzing thinking you are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Should try the Korean 5WG Zealot build. It's hilarious.
    5WG Zealot build? The Korean 4WG build I am using, the first 4 zealots warp in at their base at about 4:45 if done properly, what is the timing of the 5WG build?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin535 View Post
    5WG Zealot build? The Korean 4WG build I am using, the first 4 zealots warp in at their base at about 4:45 if done properly, what is the timing of the 5WG build?
    Uhh, I'd have to check, but it's faster than a normal 4 gate still(5:30 or so?).

It's funny because you just overwhelm them. 5 Zealots every CD is funny :3

blue flame hellion, then transition to mass ravens.

Ravens. The real counter to the muta. Not that lousy magic boxed thor. If they don't go mutas, I go ravens anyway. the strat works by getting enough smart bombs and turrets to blow shit up, and with a very high mineral income, you basically get marines for the home defense, and you wall off your base and your expansions. I am a diamond player atm working my way up. this strat never fails, unless the zerg knows exactly what I am trying to do, but I have worked on bullet proofing this strat with each game. My win rate vs zerg must be 75/25.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    blue flame hellion, then transition to mass ravens.
    Not criticizing, but how do you deal with your opponent if he uses Roaches or gets some good Fungals into Zergling surrounds? Even with Blue Flame the Zerglings tend to tear them apart once they get a proper surround. Or are these said holes you're working on smoothing out?

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Not criticizing, but how do you deal with your opponent if he uses Roaches or gets some good Fungals into Zergling surrounds? Even with Blue Flame the Zerglings tend to tear them apart once they get a proper surround. Or are these said holes you're working on smoothing out?
    There are no holes in the plan, if you blue flame hellion harass correctly you will do 2 things. 1) Kill tons of drones. I wait till I get 5, and after getting 5 I build a CC. then I send the hellions in while continuing to pump them out of 2 factories 1 with techlab, 1 with reactor, I annhilate as many drones as possible, normally hiding the tech and springing this on a zerg, I can get upwards of 15-20 drone kills. and what this will do is cause him to do 2nd) make tons of zerglings to try and counter. A zerg can not roach transition and wait for roaches with blue flame hellions knocking down the door, it is impossible unless he has walled off with queens and does not permit them to come in.

While all this is going on I have made 2 barracks by now, probably have stim, and pumping out marines while securing my expansion. I build 2 star ports, ad the tech labs and start to make the needed upgrades to ravens.

During this time a zerg after no longer getting hellion harrased(If they hold it off and manage to surpress it) the next stage of it will start. They will most likely be teching to lair, in an attempt to get mutas to take advantage of what he thinks will just be a marine hellion army. Or they will go with infestors to try and pin down a low HP army. Those are the 2 most likely things to happen anyway. So I build my ravens I hide them, if he scouts the 2 starports he might think banshee anyway, so even more reason that might make them do the choice of infestors or mutas. After about 7 ravens are done and have enough energy I then go out to taunt the zerg, if he has mutas I will blow them to hell if he doesnt watch out. and in the mean time I will lay down turrets at his presumed new expansion.

Anyway, there is a lot that can happen in between I guess, but the point of opening with blue flame hellions is to force the zerg to make decisions that will favor you in the later game. They can't redrone and send out a counter right away so there is plenty of time to work something out.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 04:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Sorry I left this out. Yeah sometimes they can go zergling heavy and this can happen. But with blue flames being the surprise to the party it can roast a good intial amount, I have had my issues with the hellions getting surrounded if he defends long enough to get out the right amount of speed lings. But what I do is A) Rely on my back up hellions to arrive and continue to harass or B) when he reaches that point of so many zerglings, I just sit back and wait for my expand. and make sure to keep tabs on what he is teching to scanning normally after the 2nd orbital is finished. If he ever feelsl ike going on the offense with say roaches if my deal fails, well I have a factory with a tech lab and I try to get a few tanks, it slows down mass ravens. but it is all good, it can fend off the attacks while I set up my expand.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Uhh, I'd have to check, but it's faster than a normal 4 gate still(5:30 or so?).

It's funny because you just overwhelm them. 5 Zealots every CD is funny :3
    I like the 4WG because if executed properly you get about 3 full rounds of 4 Zealots before you become mineral starved. Unless they have a lot of tricks up their sleeve, which is unlikely at the 4:45 mark, it is a GG. I suppose it doesn't have the sustainability of the 5WG build, but the 4WG is faster and sustainable enough to win unless something goes horribly wrong.