Unhappy PSU Hissing: Continuing

When ever I load up a graphics-intensive game, my PSU makes a high pitched electrical hissing-type sound, and flipping through menu items will make the sound vary just a little bit. This also happends when I stress-test the GPU, but not when I stress-test anything else (with prime95 for example). At first I thought my graphics card was bad, because when I turned on Vsync in games (such as oblivion), the hissing would go down dramatically but still be there. My second graphics card just arrived for SLI setup, so I just switched out the cards to double check but getting same problems, so i'm almost positive my PSU isn't functioning properly. It's an Antec TP-750 which I -just- bought last week off newegg for my new system. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe my cable management in the back of my case has too many overlapping wires or something? Also, this noise causes a little bit of feedback through my LCD monitor when I have it plugged in. Help
    This is what I posted a few weeks ago. Just today, my advanced RMA PSU (same make/model) came and I was able to switch it with the "defective" unit in my case. Excited, I turn it on and load up Oblivion: Same damn problem. I run a GPU stress test and same thing happens. Is this / all power supply's supposed to make this high-pitched annoying electrical buzz when ever under graphics-intensive load? Again, turning on vSync to limit framerate makes the noise go away (although adds a tiny bit of sluggish-ness to the game, so I would prefer it off). I can't get a hold of Antec's technical support right now, but when I called them the first time a few weeks ago, they said it's normal for some hissing, but you should only be able to hear it if you put your head next to the unit, and not sitting in your chair. He also said although it sounds like a defective unit, it is still safe to use.

For those who forgot:

PSU: Antec TP-750
    GPU: SLI'd EVGA 460 GTX SSC (factory over clocked)
    CPU: i5-2500k overclocked to 4.4GHz
    RAM: G.Skill 6GB 1600MHz

Help

I do have one question....is your monitor actually able to support higher then 60 fps? not much to do with your issue, but just want to point out...that sluggishness you see may just be a figment of your imagination...<.< if you have a monitor with a higher refresh rate then nvm
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

10+ Year Old Account
    probably the chokes on em. lots of PSU's dont use solid chokes. they use those ugly rings

I'm positive it's the PSU.
    1) I put a straw in my ear to pin point the exact spot it's coming from -> PSU
    2) I built the exact same computer, I mean literally exact same (except for cases) for my best friend, and one for my brother. The only difference is Newegg was out of stock on the True Power version, so we ordered the 750 Earth Watt version for both of them. No problems what so ever

I had this on of the older TruePower series, and an 8800 320MB card, way back when. Anything remotely 3D intensive and bzzzzzz. Thought it was the motherboard. Never looked into it much after upgrading past it.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Pretty normal on Seasonic based power supplies, and these can be branded Antec, Corsair and Seasonic for example. They do have japanese capasitors what will last for the 10+ years, but if the PSU is making annoying buzzing noise what is unbearable, I'd trade that off any day. Either RMA the psu to get non-buzzing one or change the brand/model!

That's why I don't have a seasonic based model anymore, although I had Antec NeoHe 430W 6 years. It still would have worked ok for the next 5 years probably, but GTX 470 made it buzz so hard that my ears couln't stand it anymore.

Now running BeQuiet's Dark Power Pro P9 550W and it doesn't give out noise at all. I just hope it lasts sometime despite the capasitors being chinese made.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2011-04-26 at 08:17 AM.