hc chimaeron 10m

so we're just starting heroic chimaeron this week, put in some time on 25m with a little progress, but we'll be running it on 10m tonight. Quick question about raid comp, is 3 tanks still mandatory for 10m? or because of dps requirements does the hunter pet/intervene trick become necessary for fued phase? we have access to 3 tanks if needed, as well as a hunter. im also assuming 3 healers is needed, correct me if im wrong. any feedback would be appreciated

When my guild does it its with a Ret (me) and a prot pally and a bear taking the double hits

Deleted
    We do it with 2 warrior tanks that intervene break double attacks. Hunter pet would work just as good. We use 3 healers, any less would be crazy, any more would fuck up P2.

Deleted
    We used 2 tanks. Dk and warrior.

Make sure tank doesnt stack up when at feud phase, tanks cant get hit by slime its made that way (unless someone hugs them..) so they dont require "extra healing" due getting hit by slime.

We used lay on hands on tank on each down phase. If we didnt have LoH we just brutally healed the tank and used basic CDs.

I didnt see any huge problems there part from kinda stress on healers. But hey, thats what the fight is about. We tried to use pet intervene but it kept dying and it was huge dps loss.. and it didnt even help that much.
    On last phase we stacked up. Thread dumped. Let DK tank then rogue if possible etc. and used disc shields/barrier.

BEFORE last phase we did NOT stack up to heal full. That was mistake that we fell on a lot of times. It was way easier to keep healing the way stuff normally goes because it was easier than getting everyone hit by slime..
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2011-04-25 at 11:42 PM.

My guild does it with me (frost DK) just taking all the breaks. I don't use a tank spec and just turn on blood presence. My DPS for the fight is dramatically lower, like 13K or something, but I still do more DPS than a tank.

During the Fued phases one of the real tanks takes it, I swap into unholy presence and use trinks and stuff. When your about to push him over into the burn phase, have both tanks taunt once so that you are 3rd on threat, (if you can have a pally healer taunt once too, but thats a little more risky).

Good luck! ;D

We use 2 tanks (Pally/Druid) and 3 healers (Holy Priest/Pally/Shaman). We don't have anyone besides the tanks taking breaks and double attack, they have worked out switches and cool downs to normally cover everything with the exception of one double attack on the druid we use a guardian spirit.

One of the most important things we experience is quickly topping off the tank at the beginning of a feud, the healers handle that even before collapsing into the pile to raid heal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamma Ray View Post
    (if you can have a pally healer taunt once too, but thats a little more risky).
    Not really very risky. As long as its not during feud, anyone can take 1 hit and survive due to the buff, so yeah having any hybrid healers taunt can be beneficial if you're running into phase 2 issues.