Hast dot scaling a lie?

I was looking at my logs from the other day, there was another aflliction lock in raid, an alt from another guild
    and i noted the number of dot ticks on corruption were the about the same number except that i had 1000 more haste.
    all the logs showed the same and i compared the buffs etc and the only thing that could possibly account for it
    would be Troll berserking. Did i miss a haste dot bug or something? 2 berserks and an power infusion
    shouldn't exactly equal 1000 haste for a whole fight no?

Chimaeron

187 ticks 99% 6:52 Eradication 9 18.4% (2300+ haste)
    178 ticks 98% 6:50 Berserking 2 4.8% Eradication 10 24% 1 power infusion (1300 haste)

nefarian

251 99% uptime eradication 12 (23%) 5 soul swaps (2300 haste)
    247 98% uptime eradication 12 (21%) Berserking 3 (6.2%) 4 soul swaps (1300 Haste)

(I can't post links)

You're one haste threshold apart. I'm guessing he is a goblin and you gave him DI, Berserking accounts for the rest.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

he would have to be troll for berserking and no DI from me.

Wasn't it stated somewhere that Berserking doesn't increase the haste percentage, per se, but only the casting speed? If so, that may be where the discrepancy lies. If that's the case, then DoTs won't be affected by it, only your cast-time spells.

most classes need around 800 haste rating for one extra tick for spells and around 2500 for the next tick, so maybe he had some sort of haste buff putting him above the low tier haste for an extra first tick such as WoA totem from a shaman.

I checked totems and all the buffs. Both had totemic wrath.
    Last edited by Subetei; 2011-04-26 at 03:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you pm me the logs?