Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonky View Post
    true, the educated one will just sedate you and drag you off for his maniacal purposes.
    The more educated person just smashes you with a more complicated club.

More to come (funny stuff, I hope my Nachos post was considered so), so stay tuned.

Deleted
    I dont get war robots. It's not like you can ever stop these blueprints from being leaked for insane sums of money. When that happens your enemy can now also make the same robots. Meaning that a status quo has been reached and everyone is on the same playing field once again.

I'd rather still have a sword vs sword fight (or spear vs spear if you want to ignore hollywood) than a tank vs tank or robot vs robot fight.

I really might be in love with you, Kalyyn.

Type: Japanese Machine gone rogue
    Name: Mechagodzilla
    Fear Factor: Only Keanu Reeves can save us now!
    Probability: Sadly, very high...

With the release of the 2012 revamped movie "Godzilla", Japanese Robotic Engineers create a real Mechagodzilla as a crowd attraction, complete with fully functioning AI. You know the rest, robot realizes it should be in control, goes all terminator on us.

...A man can dream, can't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazefury5 View Post
    you forgot about the growing population problem, and the growing rate of the food supplies, inc-ing 100 years
    Growing population?! PERFECT! Then robot can eat them!

All joking aside, robots and AI will NOT try to take over humanity UNLESS programmed to do so.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Deleted
    So what if the future is scary ? Enjoy your life While you can We cant really change anything exept if we work in the goverment of the world or if someone makes world peace possible! Peace within the whole world will never happend we cant run from the true future

Deleted
    What? Scary? I wouldn't call it scary, I'd call it intriguing....
    As for the future projections regarding scary and sexy stuff... http://www.futuretimeline.net/ the site offers fairly good and realistic projections(even though we might get some things a bit earlier than expected)

DW John Connors will save us!

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot one: that human beings don't care about each other anymore.

That's the only real catalyst for all of this.

I care! last time I checked I was human

this thread is too short sighted.

kill bots dont really matter when the entire universe is slowly dieing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe

now, entropy, THATS some scary shit
    Last edited by fews; 2011-04-26 at 11:20 AM.

Did research into the "EATR", and one cybernetics expert on the project is one Doctor Bob -Finklestein- (Ironic)

Deleted
    i hate looking to the future cuz i know alot of my friends wont be there...its a thing when you grow older you stop seeing eachother...or that my girlfriend wont be there..

jep that kinda things scare the crap out of me, or that some goverment will do something stupid again like starting a new world war ,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentsnipe1212 View Post
    instead of it eating people they should have designed it to reanimate the dead as their slaves so theyd be like mobile necromancer machines with a loyal undefeatable undead army :P maybe i should work for darpa, i could come up with some outlandish shit lol
    Sad thing is, while at most companies that idea would get you laughed at and fired, at DARPA they'd give you a multi-million dollar grant to research it...

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I really might be in love with you, Kalyyn.
    These things happen. Just get plenty of rest and the feeling should pass within a few days =P

Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    I dont get war robots. It's not like you can ever stop these blueprints from being leaked for insane sums of money. When that happens your enemy can now also make the same robots. Meaning that a status quo has been reached and everyone is on the same playing field once again.

I'd rather still have a sword vs sword fight (or spear vs spear if you want to ignore hollywood) than a tank vs tank or robot vs robot fight.
    Because if you don't build robots, someone else will and promptly crush you into oblivion. Swords might make for a more cinematic fight, but when it all comes down to practical measure you better bet you have the most technologically sophisticated weapon available. No one is going to agree to have gentlemanly swordfights in an age where you can instantly communicate with people halfway around the world that you've never met and it isn't considered all that special.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

They will use our fluids for joint lube and our bones for traction!!
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Honestly the past was a pretty scary place too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Honestly the past was a pretty scary place too.
    Most certainly. People used to be far more passionate about killing each other. If you've ever watched a Napoleonic naval battle, you'd think "Those men were the bravest bastards to ever live".
    The passion is gone, but cleverness has reached an all-time high.

I'm suprised that something like this is done before the exoskeletons. If them exoskeletons were a bit bigger and had protective padding around it, you would get a new kind of shock trooper that can run forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Vezax View Post
    I'm suprised that something like this is done before the exoskeletons. If them exoskeletons were a bit bigger and had protective padding around it, you would get a new kind of shock trooper that can run forever.
    Make no mistake, infantry exoskeletons exist. The biggest problem with them, however, is making a battery to power them that can last for days, yet won't add excessive bulk to the suit.
    Once they figure that out, it's pretty much done.