Thread: CoD or CS?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

CoD or CS?

Just wondering about people's opinions on these games. Personally I like CoD (4 and black ops) but do most people prefer CS, and why?

battlefield.
    /thread
    The fiction will see the real.

"Most" people is a hard (or time-consuming) thing to measure, honestly. But anyway, I'm fine with both of them.

Sorry, by most people I mean when I am in a group/guild, a Lot of WoW players tend to lean towards CS, and yeah, forgot to add battelfield.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 07:04 AM ----------

That is interesting, miggetmagic, I don't think you can crawl in other online shooters: Battlefield, Halo, Homefront.... the list can probably go on, Ive looked it up but can only find stuff on activision blizzard and its WoW Patents.

CoD multiplayer is a glorified Counter strike. CS is so hardcore though! I am sure CoD has more players then CS, but CS is just a classic, and many old players of it still love it I am sure, once in a while I will even hop on CS and kill kill kill it is a ball full of fun.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    CoD4 only, other CoDs are awful IMO.

Counter-Strike is one of my favorite games ever, and has (had) one of the best video gaming cultures out of any game. While remaining simple it manages to be one of the most competitive shooters to date - having several professional leagues still running.

Its a classic, thoroughly enjoyable, and even though repetitive, always fun.

Depends on what CS you're talking about. There's still the 1.6 based on the old engine and newer Source. Haven't played 1.6 for a long time now. I feel that Source after the 2010 update which introduced achievements has been dumbed down greatly. It's now basically the same CoD but with worse graphics and less entertaining maps.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    CoD1 > CS > any other CoD
    just like Quake > any other FPS

and Vanilla > any other exp

melancholy

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    melancholy
    CS is however 4 years older than CoD1

15+ Year Old Account
    CS:S ofcourse =D

COD has been bad since Cod4. And even then it was not as good as Source.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonky View Post
    battlefield.
    /thread

i guess if you like bunny hopping morons, who play the same map over and over while hurling grenades.. only to get punished by those same morons who run into them... then ya. it's better.

your comment, to me is on par, with a sniper in bf2 complaining to his friend that COD sucks because of campers.

and yes i play, both..and to say one is better then the other.. when both are equally dumb in some way.

and my personal fav.. the guys who run into your art strikes... like the big red gun on the map wasn't a dead give away
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2011-04-26 at 09:33 AM. Reason: added other things.

There is a lot of shooters out there that don't get enough credit like Wolfenstein: Enemy Territories. Some really wonderful games out there that seem to have been forgotten with time.

CS is a classic no doubt but I got bored to it after 3 years of playing and actually liked Battlefield 1942 much more. BF1942 machine options(tank,airplane) were done perfectly and they really spiced up the game. BF series onwards were not so good and its shame that the original lost the playerbase fast to the sequels. BF2042 was playable, but the machine-play just didnt feel as good in terms of balance.
    MW2 is the game I play at the moment and I am quite happy with it. It has some flaws but its still entertaining and the flaws arent so major. Black ops kind of ruined the sniper play atleast for me and I sticked with mw2.
    Now there is going to be choice to be made when this Fall there comes BF3 and MW3. Trailer for BF looked really neat and I guess im buying both games and see how the multiplayer feels in them.
    On the topic I would say CS over early CoD's and after MW's I would say CoD's but its all about personal preferences.

10+ Year Old Account
    if i could find one shooter again, it would be action quake 2. loved that game

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    i guess if you like bunny hopping morons, who play the same map over and over while hurling grenades.. only to get punished by morons who run into them... then ya. it's better.

your comment, to me is on par, with a sniper in bf2 complaining to his friend that COD sucks because of campers.

and yes i play, both..and to say one is better then the other.. when both are equally dumb in some way.
    BC2, is an awesome game now the BF2 that came out a while back, yeah there was some unfair BS with bunny hopping with shot guns and Machine guns. but that is almost not existent now, I think I had a medic jump me yesterday in melee with his machine gun and he was jumping he got me, but still IN MY FACE. was to be expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya i never got around to bad company 2, might invest in it.. very much looking forward to bf3

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lot of good memories of CS 1.6.

Cod on the other hand..... 1 and 2 were good, 3 was meh and 4 onwards I had endless rage over the freaking killstreak rewards

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonky View Post
    battlefield.
    /thread
    ^ Certainly this!

I played both CS and some CoD games but I always liked Battlefield the most. Battlefield Bad Company 2 is such an amazing game.

Can't believe you haven't asked about the battlefield series. :P

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    CS was one of my first computer fps games so I'm always going to rate it higher than anything else. I haven't bought a CoD game since MW, and don't plan on buying new ones. Yes I have played all of the new ones and even went through a few prestige levels.

I'll continue to buy battlefield games until they start to suck. I like the play and map style a lot more than the CoD games. Both games have their ups and downs and I will admit CoD can be fun, I just prefer the battlefield series.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I have a lot of good memories of CS 1.6.
    1.4 and earlier we're my favorites as you could move the hostages, which was always great fun. Plus the shield was way OP when it first came out.