Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Then why are you still playing. Fyi they split this content from the Firelans raid because the Firelands stuff was not near ready. It's filler patch.

Deleted
    Your right. Cause if the progression ladder stays as it is, well, then who knows.. Guess the people in lame guilds still wont be able to clear BWD. Its bad to give them content.

- Blizzard wanted to release this with Firelands.
    - They looked at the statistics, and pushed it back. A short while after the world first raiding drake appeared.
    - Herp da Derp? Oh noes.. I must QQ cause they're giving us something to do while people finish off current tier and postpone second tier to make it better.
    - Commenting on the story thus far is like reading a third of a book, then saying, ffs, another alien story? And it turns out to be like genetically malformed hamsters or something. Wtb that as the final raid boss.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Any real proof of this or are you just making it up?

As far as I'm concerned, and Blizzard has stated, this isn't a filler patch, it's content released at a more steady pace. They weren't sitting there going, "Oh, people are getting restless, what can we throw at them to keep them quiet?" They had planned to redo these instances.

It's recycling content. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is a tad on the boring / uncreative side. The fights are different, but only slightly. Lets be fair though, those raids were sitting there pretty much unused. While I appreciate Blizzard updating it so it's relevant again, it's a bit of a far stretch to actually call it "new".
    You should really read the blue tracker. Do you pay any attention? It was stated ages ago. Find the time of the world first drake, and then look at the blue posts that were posted 1-2 days before that, maybe a bit more. That is when they said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Musez View Post
    They are recycling old instances cause people have wished for them to do so, i've read multiply of threads around on the forums about exactly THAT.1
    That is an excellent point. The first time I heard the idea of "heroic instances" mentioned we had at least 3 people in guild go "heroic deadmines!" That sentiment kept going and when Blizz finally does that, people start crying that Blizz is "out of ideas." How about this? Maybe Blizz does really listen to the people and then when they do what the people demand they get insulted for it. If I was Blizz, I would ban every person who says they have "run out of ideas."

Quote Originally Posted by Hviske10ske View Post
    You try and find a game with more lore in it, if you can then good for you. But there isnt many around that even comes close.

And to aqthedruid
    They didnt push firelands to a later time, they pushed 4.1 to earlier!
    Are you serious? Blizzard are great storytellers? You mean Blizzard, the company that stole all their content from Games Workshop? Those storytellers?

Blizzard's lore is a joke. To actually call it "lore" is a disservice to all the other IPs out there with real lore.

Blizzard is good at making a fantastically easy and widely accessible game to generate the most profit. Past that? Meh. Nothing they do stands out in the gaming world. Especially not their storytelling. They just know how to make a buck. But, so do the tools over at EA who make the Madden games every year.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azanure View Post
    4.1.0 is another brain fart of their part, so the Zandalari that worked so hard to destroy Hakkar and the Gurubashi now wants to help to rebuild their empire. Yes that makes perfect sense.
    This is not exacly 100% correct.
    Yes the Zandalar did basically everything they could to bring down Hakkar, and yes they are now helping the Gurubashi rebuild their empire.
    But you are missing alot of information in the "why" appartment.

The Gurubashi was a mighty troll empire but with a great empire often comes the hunger for more. They gathered priests of all the aspecs of troll gods and summoned the blood god Hakkar. Only the strongest of the trolls were able to keep him in check even in his weakened state but their bodies and minds were corrupted and consumed by Hakkar.
    One by one they all fell and the powers used to control Hakkar became feeding him instead.

This is when the Zandalari, the only troll tribe who other tribes actually listens to, came in and nicely asked everybody to step the fuck down.
    The Zandalari aren't really nice trolls themselves so now they are bringing back the misstakes from old beacuse they think they can contain it this time. And if any troll could do this it would be them.

It makes sense if you know the background, not just the surface.

I personally hope they will introduce a troll raid where we can see king Rastakhan (leader of the zandalar).
    Quote Originally Posted by Manlypecs
    It's always safe to blame the healer, since healers aren't real people anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagans View Post
    I have been thinking that Blizzard have no ideas left for World of Warcraft, cuz they make 4.1 BUT i think that its just not good. Uhhh the trolls are having a new instance, but what more then some quests and two new instances ?
    I just disagree...
    Tired of stupid threads

all the lore up to Cataclysm seemed epic. Illidan and the lich king. deathwing seems boring and this latest rehash of old content delievers a conflicting storyline of the zandalar going against what they once did/believed in. It all seems rushed to keep people happy with the lure of new loot at the minimal amount of costs/development.

its like ToC all over again. A silly storyline with reused bosses models/content...

blizz release FREE content with bunch of class change, 1 not so new instance (za) 1 changed a bit more (za) tons of bug fix, new increased bandwidth feature to lower latency, guild finder, guild challenge and new dailys. People qq

bioware release a 15$ dlc for 2 piece of armor 4-5 quest (fictional dlc) and people jump on it like cake in a fat kid camp.

entitled kid are entitled.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    all the lore up to Cataclysm seemed epic. Illidan and the lich king. deathwing seems boring and this latest rehash of old content delievers a conflicting storyline of the zandalar going against what they once did/believed in. It all seems rushed to keep people happy with the lure of new loot at the minimal amount of costs/development.

its like ToC all over again. A silly storyline with reused bosses models/content...
    So it's totally impossible for this scenario to happen: Rastakhan, High king of all Trolls, who has seen his race slowly fall into disarray and fast heading for extinction, who has just witnessed the world being ripped apart figured "F*** this, I need to ensure the survival of my people". Things aren't always black and white folks, just because Rastakhan's wish to save his race seems to happen at the expense of the Horde and The Alliance doesn't mean he's suddenly pure evil.

The appearance of Hakkar at the end of the trailer made me skeptical, though.

PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    people always QQ.....
    its this most of the time
    ZG gets removed: OMG BLIZZ WHY DID YOU REMOVE ZG QQ
    ZG gets improved and returned: OMG BLIZZ WHY ARE YOU USING THE ZG CONTENT AGAIN!
    This. Exactly. This is completely true.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Can we all agree that they would only be running out of ideas if they were planning on doing nothing but recycling content?

They are coming out with new heroics, a new raid, redesigning some class abilities, and many other things are obviously being planned. Blizzard takes its time polishing their product so that their games stand out. I think we can all agree that their games stand out whether you enjoy playing their games or not.

It takes more than a month or two to come up with new ideas, decide which ideas are good, come up with boss mechanics for these new challenges, design how these bosses will look and animate them, ensure that each class/race will be competitive with the new changes, make sure the game is a quality product AS-IS and many other duties.

On top of that sometimes Blizzard employees get to read threads about how their ideas all suck before the people who started those threads even know what they have planned. If I were a Blizzard employee I'd probably just see all these rude sarcastic people in the forums who say that I suck at my job, I am not creative, or whatever; and I would probably not even want to read them anymore.

If you find yourself getting impatient or bored with the game, then I suggest you may be investing too much of yourself in the game. Too much of anything gets dull eventually.