Thread: Account banned

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Krantz Shadowforge View Post
    Any e-mail from "Blizzard" that requests your Account Name, e-mail or password is a fake. They have that information so they don't have to ask for it.

Blizzard never ever ever ever, "did i say never yet?" asks for your account information. Ever.
    See we know this, I think the OP knows this as well.

The problem IS that its not saying to email that info back to them, its saying to log into his account and verify it.

So, did anyone check the actual link? Because if that link actually goes to battle.net then really how is it a fake email?

*edit for more proof of links in emails*

Battle.net Account - Password Reset

We have reset the password for the Battle.net account associated with this email address. To choose a new password, please click the following link and follow the instructions:

https://us.battle.net/account/suppor...1E22028E65B65D

If you did not request the reset, it is possible that this Battle.net account has been accessed by someone not authorized to do so. If you notice issues with the Battle.net account or associated games after logging in with your new password, please contact the appropriate support department for assistance immediately: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/30791

Please remember that it is your responsibility to keep your login information confidential. You may not share access to the account with anyone who is not expressly permitted in the Battle.net Terms of Use and the Terms of Use for the games you play. You are also responsible for every use of your login information, whether you have authorized it or not.

COMPUTER AND ACCOUNT SECURITY:

Account compromises can occur when a player shares login information with an unauthorized third party or plays on a computer that has a virus, Trojan, or keylogger. In a case where you believe your account has been accessed by an unauthorized party, we would like to suggest that you review the following pages for various security awareness tips (as well as how to recover in-game items or characters) before you log back into the account:

- Security Checklist: http://us.battle.net/security/checklist.html

- Types of Account Thefts: http://us.battle.net/security/types.html

- Account and Computer Security: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/30794

- What to do if the Account has been compromised: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/30796

- Account Security and Recovery FAQ: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/30791

- Email Address Security: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/30814

We highly recommend adding a Battle.net Authenticator to an account as it is the highest level of security we currently offer. For more information, please visit: http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...g=BLIZZARDAUTH.

Billing and Account Services can be reached directly at 1-800-592-5499. Players in Australia and Singapore should call 1-800-041-378 and 800-2549927 respectively if unable to connect via the first number. Our representatives are available seven days a week, between 8:00AM and 8:00PM Pacific Time. Alternately, our support team can be reached via email at billing@blizzard.com.

Thank you,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Law View Post
    Cuz i tried to help the OP?

All I said was that if the link in the email is legit, then the email has to be legit right?

Oh and as for no links in blizz emails I went and checked mine, they do put links
    Yes, but those links are to guides, they are not links to places where you have to log in. Sure you could argue that they have keyloggers but that is diminished by the fact that it is an e-mail you requested from Blizzard. Not a random e-mail you found in your inbox that says 'Your account will be suspended in 24 hours if you do not click this link'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Law View Post
    See we know this, I think the OP knows this as well.

The problem IS that its not saying to email that info back to them, its saying to log into his account and verify it.

So, did anyone check the actual link? Because if that link actually goes to battle.net then really how is it a fake email?
    Legit link. Dont bother arguing with these people, they just like to insult others that they think are stupid, without actually reading the posts

Im happy I got my account back, and will now leave this thread to all these crazies to insult me and say I have downs syndrome

Rule of thumb :

Don't open E-mails from blizzard, ever.

If you can log in you're fine.

If you can't, you call them.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

blizzard already knows all your info about your acc and they will never ask for password and shit

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Removed phishing links. Please never post those as someone will most likely click on it. I know, everyone will say "who would do that?" but there are people who will. Always.
    I see what you did there. "there are people who will" like the OP of the thread, cleverly done Venara! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vazruden View Post
    Funnily enough, it was real. The account was banned and I now have it back. So screw all you haters, and big up the intelligent minority who actually read what I posted
    The timing may be suspect - but that is still not a Blizzard email

"Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account."

Is not even English ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Anaklusmos View Post
    Yes, but those links are to guides, they are not links to places where you have to log in. Sure you could argue that they have keyloggers but that is diminished by the fact that it is an e-mail you requested from Blizzard. Not a random e-mail you found in your inbox that says 'Your account will be suspended in 24 hours if you do not click this link'
    The thing is, it wasn't random... he actually was waiting for an email from Blizz because they suspended his account. So yea I see what you're saying though.

It's a scam email. This email says blizzard entertainment 2010, and like everybody else said they won't ask for your password.
    Good find lol

It doesn't matter where you play, lol. I sometimes play at a net cafe my friends own and have never received an email because of it.
    Call Blizzard and never EVER give out your password. Blizzard posts everywhere that they will never ask you for your password

How is it even possible for anyone to get scammed? With all the information and posts that Blizzard has made about scam emails it should be impossible. Are people really incapable of reading? It's such common knowledge that if you have tips enabled in your loading screen one will say in big letters "A GM will never ask you for your account information".

Really now, if you can't tell a real email from a fake one by now, then you deserve to get hacked, that is, unless you're a very new player.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Quote Originally Posted by LeBoucher View Post
    How is it even possible for anyone to get scammed? With all the information and posts that Blizzard has made about scam emails it should be impossible. Are people really incapable of reading? It's such common knowledge that if you have tips enabled in your loading screen one will say in big letters "A GM will never ask you for your account information".

Really now, if you can't tell a real email from a fake one by now, then you deserve to get hacked, that is, unless you're a very new player.
    I have learned with the current business i am in, some people are just that gullible

I Administer Servers for a Phone Psychic/Phone Sex company btw
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

It's a scam email, call them and ask about your account; also they will never ever ask for you account information.
    It's one of those tips while you are on loading screen. (WHO EVEN HAS THE TIPS ON RIGHT?)

To sum up this thread for everyone :

Blizzard will not ask for your account information, any emails doing so are after your lootz
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazruden View Post
    The account was unable to log in 2 hours ago. The link led straight to a battlenet page where i reset my password. Im now logged in fine. I dont thik any scammer could temp lock my account tbh .
    Technically, yes they can by, for instance, "sitting" between your PC and the Blizzard servers.

Very unlikely yes, but still possible.

you sure it wasn't just the maintenance today that prevented you from loggin on ?
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Deleted
    It's a scam for sure. One thing u can easily see is that usually the real Blizzard emails (the address and the topic) are in capital letters. Trust me!