Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Hunter is fine once you learn the priority system.

That said I play a prot paladin and find the rotation extremely easy. However I always maintain I would rather play a class with a simple rotation that has a nice flow to it rather than one that is complex but feels horribly clunky.
    That is my general thought as well bobty. I also raid on a prot pally as my main now.

Some look at simple rotations or priority systems as a sign of a bad or boring class. I think quite the opposite actually. I would like to see the majority of classes get to the point where you still need to keep and eye on things, but you can spend the majority of the time actually focusing on the encounter rather than tracking your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    You could say that for any class.
    Not really , some class have low skill caps and some have high .

Well, that depends how you talk about "rotation".

It is true that arcane mages uses [Arcane Blast] ALOT, but it is not about that, it is about WHEN to use what stack of it.
    Arcane "rotation" is more about mana conservation and effective using, then just the spamming of one button.

Agree'd it is not the hardest that is present in the game atm, but i definetly find other specs easier, since i dont find it really hard watching a timer, and then reapplying a dot.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Deleted
    arcane. Doesn't. Have. A. ROTATION!!!!

*Pyroblasts people saying arcane*

it's a mana management spec, it doesn't have a rotation.
    frost is proc fishing
    fire's basically a priority list
    arcane's a mana management and cooldown spec

NOT. A. ROTATION.

(just so you know, arcane and fire have the same number of buttons to press, but only 2 or 3 show up on recount, and mana recovery becomes dps cooldowns)

edit: for what I think is easiest: execute phase aff warlocks, keep haunt up, reapply BoA when it falls off, soul drain, afk until haunt is off CD
    Last edited by mmoc41ce4810a1; 2011-04-26 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For background information: I have DPS experience with Fury/Arms Warr, MM/BM Hunter, Fire/Frost/Arcane Mage, Ret Pala, Assas Rogue and Affli/Demo/Destro Warlock.

Out of these, I found Affli Lock the easiest and most relaxing so far. Even though it, like pretty much every other spec, has no real "rotation" but a priority system, I nevertheless found it to have a certain, easy-going flow to it that is hard to explain, with heavy DoTs ticking away no matter what you do.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2011-04-26 at 04:36 PM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    You could say that for any class.
    Beg to differ. Feral Cat is not easy to play and no, any idiot cannot do respectable DPS as a cat, even in Cata. It's slightly less punishing than the pre 4.0 priority system, but still takes its toll on players.

As far as easiest goes, I would say frost mage and arcane mage are both quite easy. If you wanted a tank class that's easy to play I would say Prot Warrior or Prot Pally. Both are fairly simple and can easily hold aggro on multiple mobs with minimal effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shockerxl View Post
    nowai..fire can get complicated..but arcane is cake..not to say easy due to having to be great at mana control but the rotation itself is pretty easy
    And Frost PvE can be a little hectic at the start due to using so many procs and cooldowns at once.

It's pretty easy to be mediocre as Arcane Mage. Not a lot of work. But being good requires a little more presence of mind (useewhatIdidthar) and monitoring of mana and Clearcasting procs.

I've heard Assassination rogue is relatively easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Any spec mage tbh
    WHAT? How dare you rank Frost's rotation alongside Arcane! BLASPHEMY!

-----------------------------

Erhem....

Uh BM hunters and Arcane mages are my vote.

any mage has a simple rotation, sorry fire is 3 buttons too or do you actually think refreshing LB and using HS procs is hard while spamming fireballs?
    Assassination rogue by far the easiest melee.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    It's pretty easy to be mediocre as Arcane Mage. Not a lot of work. But being good requires a little more presence of mind (useewhatIdidthar) and monitoring of mana and Clearcasting procs.
    how dare you not pander to the ignorance of morons with respect to requirements beyond rotation for proper arcane damage dealing!!! QQ arcane mage is 1 button QQ

What? No one said Assasination rogues?

Quote Originally Posted by QQmoore View Post
    any mage has a simple rotation, sorry fire is 3 buttons too or do you actually think refreshing LB and using HS procs is hard while spamming fireballs?
    Assassination rogue by far the easiest melee.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 04:28 PM ----------

how dare you not pander to the ignorance of morons with respect to requirements beyond rotation for proper arcane damage dealing!!! QQ arcane mage is 1 button QQ
    I'm starting to think people think theres only 2 mage specs.... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil View Post
    fury war's pretty simple 4 button priority rotation as long as you can hold your horses so you don't rip threat off the tank right away
    hmm. Colossus Smash, Bloodthirst, Raging Blow, Slam, Heroic Strike, initial Sunder Armor applications if you're the only Warrior (frequent in 10 man environments), add in Execute stacking and maintenance as well <20%. Granted our CD burn can be easily macro'd. But that's a bit more than 4 buttons.

Arcane mage beats Fury for simplicity, hands down. I've played both at 85, it's no contest.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EvelaYOO View Post
    Quick question, didn't wanna start a new thread for this;

What spec has the most cimplicated rotation (relatively speaking)?
    The hardest class I've played is a feral druid, but it was a long time ago. Heard enchancement and subtlety are pretty hard as well, have yet to try them though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakkí View Post
    Out of these, I found Affli Lock the easiest and most relaxing so far. It has a certain, easy-going flow to it that is hard to explain, with heavy DoTs ticking away no matter what you do.
    Agree with this, affliction "rotation" is built so perfectly (imo) that it just flows together in the most natural way of anything I have played (out of Lock, pally, boomy, shammy, dk, and spriest)
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

arcane mage is by far the simplest, stack arcane blast, wipe it off with missiles or barrage, stack again. Its not an easy class to play but the rotation is dog easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane for sure :P

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage is by far the easiest class to play, and also they have awesome utility.

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Beg to differ. Feral Cat is not easy to play and no, any idiot cannot do respectable DPS as a cat, even in Cata. It's slightly less punishing than the pre 4.0 priority system, but still takes its toll on players.
    I remember this funny cat DPS flowchart from the Wrath days. I believe it was written during Ulduar.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3549/...00d31d80_o.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Agree with this, affliction "rotation" is built so perfectly (imo) that it just flows together in the most natural way of anything I have played (out of Lock, pally, boomy, shammy, dk, and spriest)
    Aff have the 2 sides of the spectrum, pretty easy on tank and spank, more "complicated" on double or more targets due to the requirment of keeping 3 stacks of SE on the 2nd target for optimal DPS

So many clueless people here. It's fun how people don't understand that arcane is probably the hardest dps spec there is in cataclysm. People assume that 'the possible way to play' is the same as 'the optimal way to play'. If you take a bad person playing ele shammie and an awesome person playing ele shammie, their dps will differ for like 1-2k at most given the exact same circuimstances. You clueless people rambling about '2-3 buttons spam' will do like 3-4 times less damage than a person who understands what arcane actually is.

Back on topic: ele shammies.

P.S. And yeah, inb4 wave of butthurt, I want to add this: arcane mages don't have any 'rotation' or 'priority system' at all. The only thing they have is the brain to use quickly depending on the current fight's situation.